User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your IQ score?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 - 54

    14 12.39%
  • 55 - 69

    2 1.77%
  • 70 - 84

    2 1.77%
  • 85 - 114

    7 6.19%
  • 115 - 129

    17 15.04%
  • 130 - 144

    54 47.79%
  • 145 - 159

    15 13.27%
  • 160 - 175

    2 1.77%
First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 192

  1. #151
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Threads like this crack me up. Just about everyone has an above average score. It reminds me of when a friend of mine did a private IQ exam for all the folks on a forum that claimed to have high IQs. After all was said and done, most had average IQs (of course), and only 4 or 5 people had elevated IQ scores.

    But then, forums are like bars in that you can never believe the things you're hearing.

    This is not meant to be offensive - because I'm sure there are non-professional IQ tests that will produce a favorable score for various reasons - it's just an observation. I think it boils down to people like myself are generally annoyed by average people claiming to be above average.
    i kno whats with these reatrds? lol

  2. #152
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Strange. Why is it that online tests are generally considered to boost your score? I've taken officially administered tests several times, and an online test once. My lowest score was from the online one.
    ...

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    -_-

    Yeah, something is clearly amiss here. Only about < 1% of the general population has an IQ between 40-54, and yet apparently this IQ score makes up 12% of the poll voters. Never mind that anyone with an IQ that low probably wouldn't be able to type coherent/logical sentences on a computer. Then the 130-144 range which only makes up 2.3% of the general population is staggeringly high amongst the poll voters; 53% of the poll voters somehow make up this category of gifted. I'm suppose to believe that there's this many geniuses together on a forum like this? Maybe, but it seems unlikely.

    I have to wonder though; did most of those who voted in the poll take an official IQ test at one of those testing centers where they compare results with other test takers in order to give a somewhat reliable (and general) result, or did they take one of those online IQ quizzes? Because if it's the latter, then the result is entirely meaningless as online IQ tests are complete and utter garbage.

    Also, I've never really seen any great value in an IQ test. Those that take it will experience either one of two things; they'll either get a low (or lower than expected) score and fell inferior for not having a great intellectual capacity, or they'll get a high score and then gloat to everyone about how smart they are.

    In fact, most people are apt to always say, when asked, that they're IQ is 'just a little above average'. It's a humble way to assert arrogance over everyone else without coming off as too arrogant. "Oh I'm no Einstein, but I'm still slightly smarter than the rest of you"; so thinks everyone.

    Oh yeah, and my IQ is just slightly above average.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Everyone who voted higher than the average are lying bastards.

    Me mentioning this only feeds into my own superiority complex, since I'm hiding within my own searchlight.

  5. #155
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Everyone who voted higher than the average are lying bastards.

    Me mentioning this only feeds into my own superiority complex, since I'm hiding within my own searchlight.
    You just broke something and nobody knew what it was before the crime took place.

  6. #156
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Sometimes I contemplate practicing those exercises until I get good enough to score a Mensa level IQ.

    Then I'd take a pic of the result and I'd be like this all over the interwebs:




    In case someone asks ''And what have you accomplished with that genius IQ?''

    I'd answer ''doooooooooood you're jealous just because you have an average IQ?? lolololollololo!! Don't worry, most people are just like you, so you aren't alone."

    Sounds like an interesting lifestyle.

  7. #157
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Threads like this crack me up. Just about everyone has an above average score. It reminds me of when a friend of mine did a private IQ exam for all the folks on a forum that claimed to have high IQs. After all was said and done, most had average IQs (of course), and only 4 or 5 people had elevated IQ scores.

    But then, forums are like bars in that you can never believe the things you're hearing.

    This is not meant to be offensive - because I'm sure there are non-professional IQ tests that will produce a favorable score for various reasons - it's just an observation. I think it boils down to people like myself are generally annoyed by average people claiming to be above average.
    I think I participated in this, although not directly (I was banned from the forum by this time). Was this the thing Hustler put on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #158
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    I genuinely believe that the majority of regular posters on this forum are of above average intelligence.

    How that correlates to IQ may not be a direct hit. Or even relevant.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I genuinely believe that the majority of regular posters on this forum are of above average intelligence.

    How that correlates to IQ may not be a direct hit. Or even relevant.
    Most of the voters though claim to be in the "genius" spectrum which is not "above average" so people here are telling fables about their intelligence but as Socrates says "I know I know nothing." Personally I am in the average spectrum just like all the liars who think they are geniuses though I do agree there will be more above average people on this forum than normal but nothing beyond that!

  10. #160
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Most of the voters though claim to be in the "genius" spectrum which is not "above average" so people here are telling fables about their intelligence but as Socrates says "I know I know nothing." Personally I am in the average spectrum just like all the liars who think they are geniuses though I do agree there will be more above average people on this forum than normal but nothing beyond that!

    All the IQ tests i took were online as far as i can remember, i don't give them much credence.

    I don't think i am a genius. I do believe i am above average.

    Everyone has areas of specific strength, everyone has areas of specific weakness.

    IQ does not measure all the intelligences and therefore can not give a true representation of an individuals whole intelligence.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Similar Threads

  1. What Is Your Social IQ?
    By Mal12345 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 03:14 PM
  2. What is your current desktop background?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 10:01 PM
  3. What is your peace?
    By labyrinthine in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
  4. What was your SAT score?
    By Hypomanic in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 03:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO