User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your IQ score?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 - 54

14 12.39%
  • 55 - 69

2 1.77%
  • 70 - 84

2 1.77%
  • 85 - 114

7 6.19%
  • 115 - 129

17 15.04%
  • 130 - 144

54 47.79%
  • 145 - 159

15 13.27%
  • 160 - 175

2 1.77%
First 910111213 Last

i'm scrolling through my notebook, and man, i'am SO stupid. but being deluded is one hell of an amazing complexity. you just can't really appreciate the overwhelming depth of samsara, until you look at it from the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    P.S. Isn't 137 almost exactly 1/147? I was assuming mean 100 and SD 15.
    You have right, I was mistaken

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Most reasonable indicator to one having a high IQ is, if one had he wouldnt be here !

Or would he especially then ? No wait, lemme rethink that
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

deleted

To Evan: you really think it's impossible to get more than 160 on an IQ test? No, it is considered unlikely.

I did not say I had a higher IQ than 29999/30000 of people. What do you define as IQ? Do you know how it works? Then don't try to assume those statistics mean anything.

Maybe you will point me in the direction of the best possible IQ test and that will be our ultimatum for who is smarter.

MBTI
    ESFJ

My youngest took several online tests. I was rather surprised he was getting in the 140-150 range.

Now he just has to smarten himself up to maximise his full potential or not.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post

Maybe you will point me in the direction of the best possible IQ test and that will be our ultimatum for who is smarter.
    main recognized IQ test is the Stanfurd - Binet IQ test.

Its most accurate when administered professionally when you are around 8 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    main recognized IQ test is the Stanfurd - Binet IQ test.

Its most accurate when administered professionally when you are around 8 years old.
    Well that settles it. First one to build a time machine, travel to when they are 8, order themself to take a professionally administered Stanfurd - Binet IQ test and score above 160 on it will be declared smartest.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    1. No, I don't think so. There are many knowledgeable and stupid people out there. There is no correlation between knowledge you've gathered and the cognitive processes (quick thinking), and there's very small correlation between knowledge and...
    Eh, that's not true. On average, crystallized and fluid intelligence have a good correlation. If you need, I can find you the source.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    To Evan: you really think it's impossible to get more than 160 on an IQ test? No, it is considered unlikely.
    It's impossible in most test, since very few can measure those heights above 160 because of the small sample. Check out the Titan or Giga Society's tests if you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Eh, that's not true. On average, crystallized and fluid intelligence have a good correlation. If you need, I can find you the source.
    Yes, I was too quick to judge this part as others have already pointed out.

(that's Stanford-Binet btw)

so I am okay smart-like 130 when I was 29. (125 verbal/135 abstract)
    My ex-husband ISTP has a very high IQ-above 140 and exceptional at the abstract.

I have a MS in biophysics, am in Marketing, and am getting close to six figures.
    He was unemployed for many years, took five years to get out of high school and has been let go from several jobs after he told off his bosses. Now he is getting close to six figures as an independent tattoo artist.

Our 13 year old tested at 99.9% for abstract IQ but at the negative 3rd standard deviation for attentional focus when he was nine.

Point 1-high IQ does not equal lots of money.
    Point 2-abstract IQ appears to be inherited as my son did not get the abstract IQ from me.

Point 3-I feel as often have no real point, but instead just post endless rambles
    Point4-Sort of like peotry or porse, except often I am trying to make a point
    Point5-But then I lose people as I stagger drunkenly from point to point
    Point6-My entp friend often wonders how I pay my bills or remain employed
    Point6-After I just engineered an entire new social structure at work, which I will tell her about over lunch
    Point7-there were two point sixes.
    Point8-Hypothyroidism can lower your IQ score by upwards of 20 points due to lack of energy supplied to the brain.