User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your IQ score?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 - 54

14 12.39%
  • 55 - 69

2 1.77%
  • 70 - 84

2 1.77%
  • 85 - 114

7 6.19%
  • 115 - 129

17 15.04%
  • 130 - 144

54 47.79%
  • 145 - 159

15 13.27%
  • 160 - 175

2 1.77%
First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    It is technically possible, but it seem to me much more likely that most people took internet tests that are designed to give subjects higher scores than they actually should have so that they'll pay money to read the "full report" or whatever.

I would believe the average IQ on this forum is significantly higher than the average population, but not 3 SDs higher...that's just ludicrous.
    I wouldn't think so. The internet population as a whole skews higher than the general population. Now, the subset of the internet population that gives a damn about theoretical constructs of human personality? I'm guessing it's a pretty small ratio.

Considering that there are about 1 billion people on this planet who have regular internet access, that means that there are around 1.3 million who given a normal distribution, would have IQs of over 145. Now, that 30 people on a board would have that high of an IQ doesn't seem that far out of reach, does it?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I wouldn't think so. The internet population as a whole skews higher than the general population. Now, the subset of the internet population that gives a damn about theoretical constructs of human personality? I'm guessing it's a pretty small ratio.

Considering that there are about 1 billion people on this planet who have regular internet access, that means that there are around 1.3 million who given a normal distribution, would have IQs of over 145. Now, that 30 people on a board would have that high of an IQ doesn't seem that far out of reach, does it?
    lol, I don't even know how to respond to that.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

lol, I don't even know how to respond to that.
    Sorry, read the numbers wrong. That ten people on a board would have that high of IQs doesn't seem particularly unreasonable.

We're talking extremely high levels of self-selection on a board like this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Sorry, read the numbers wrong. That ten people on a board would have that high of IQs doesn't seem particularly unreasonable.

We're talking extremely high levels of self-selection on a board like this.
    You are right that there are very high levels of self-selection. And probably the people posting on this thread are self-selected within the forum. But I still don't think most of the scores are accurate. Internet tests ruin everything - they're trying to flatter people into buying their reports.

Hell, even official IQ tests aren't that accurate.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Did you really take a ten hour IQ test?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

hm.. so does the scale of possible IQ results reflect intelligence in a somehow vaguely linear fashion? (or is a person with 195 twice as intelligent as a person with 190? just to illustrate what i mean my non linear reflection of intelligence)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    hm.. so does the scale of possible IQ results reflect intelligence in a somehow vaguely linear fashion? (or is a person with 195 twice as intelligent as a person with 190? just to illustrate what i mean my non linear reflection of intelligence)
    I'm too lazy to Google it for you tonight, but yes, it's non-linear (i.e., like your latter example).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ah... okay. cause i was wondering why normal people aren't worried, about pushing gifted people of the legal scale by associating the cool numbers (140+) with themselves. (if the scale was linear (if they think so), it would indicate a somehow flat imagination of what the most intelligent people are all about)

I have absolutely no idea. I've never taken a test seriously. I used to get some of the word questions wrong because of obscure words, but the online tests are American mainly, so are more suited to American knowledge and vocabulary. Apart from that, the rest comes pretty easily. So maybe one of the top 2 brackets on the poll. Not sure though because the questions don't change much, so it is hard to get a correct measure on any attempt but the first. I'll vote 145-159. I'm not exactly Einstein or Hawking smart.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Plus, IQ does not, at all, mean intelligence. It is one specific type of intelligence -- but there's no way it's only testing for ability. It also tests for knowledge. I remember leaving one blank on the math part because I didn't know derivitaves yet. But it's not like I didn't have the ability to understand them. Anyways, test-taking like this means very little.
    People can take this however they want to take it, but I will say that I tend to relate/connect best with those who have high IQ/test-taking scores. This is how it was in junior high, high school, etc etc, and my closest friends are in the top 5% at least, usually top 2% when it comes to these types of scores. I'm not saying this to brag, or to set myself separately from others, or whatever, it's just something I've noticed. I think the tests can measure a certain *type* of thinking/cognition/ability, and that similarity between myself and others in this way just enables easier communication and relation due to potential similar thinking styles, and I think it is that certain type of cognition/aptitude (even if it is pure test-taking skill and nothing else) that causes me to relate moreso to those with scores similar to mine. Personality can fall to the back burner in some ways, when it comes to 'connecting', as those I'm closest to do share this characteristic in common. The score signifies *something*; whether or not you want to call it 'intelligence' is your call.

As for the self-reported scores on here, while I'm sure some people aren't being truthful, I'm inclined to believe the more skewed results, with more people being in the higher brackets, as I would expect this sort of forum/environment to be kinda disproportionate in terms of overall population stats/norms.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ