• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

InQ Thinking Styles Test-- Harrison and Bramson

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
67 Pragmatist
61 Realist
58 Synthesist
52 Analyst
32 Idealist

Pragmatist realist? Sounds logic to me... A Ti dominant with Te as secondary (function usage...), or could it be that the questions are wrongly applied to the names for them?

Noon

51 Synthesist
56 Idealist
50 Pragmatist
51 Analyst
62 Realist

Realist-Idealist. Odd.

G

Glycerine

61 Synthesist
43 Idealist
60 Pragmatist
50 Analyst
56 Realist

Synthesist/Pragmatist
That fits me quite well. Thanks, Jag

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
45 Synthesist
59 Idealist
60 Pragmatist
46 Analyst
56 Realist

:huh:

I didn't like the options presented to me.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

58 Synthesist
53 Idealist
62 Pragmatist
56 Analyst
41 Realist

That fits nicely with my thinking process, I suppose. A Synthesist/Pragmatist combo.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
SYNTHESIST: 44
IDEALIST: 46
PRAGMATIST: 67
ANALYST: 50
REALIST: 63

It's fun being, apparently, an intuition dominant pragmatic realist. I wonder how many of them there are? :laugh: *checks thread*

Jaguar

SYNTHESIST: 44
IDEALIST: 46
PRAGMATIST: 67
ANALYST: 50
REALIST: 63

It's fun being, apparently, an intuition dominant pragmatic realist. I wonder how many of them there are? :laugh: *checks thread*

SNOWFLAKE!!!!!! :rofl1:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
53 Synthesist
48 Idealist
56 Pragmatist
56 Analyst
57 Realist

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
80 synthesist
64 realist
49 pragmatist
39 idealist
38 analyst

Scores above 60= thinking style preference(s)

I'm a Synthesist/Realist combo thinker.
That's accurate.

Synthesist/Realist is the rarest of all test results.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh Dear!!! I am fairly even across categories - must be my age :)

54 SYNTHESIST 2
51 IDEALIST 4
59 PRAGMATIST 1
52 ANALYST 3
54 REALIST 2

If this kind of score happens to you, then it indicates a Conformist style of thinking. No, that's not a category on the test, but it is a valid result.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Synthesist/Realist is the rarest of all test results.

I'm a Synthesist-Realist, too.

I blame it on Ne/Te.

WHERES MY FI???!!!

I don't necessarily agree with you about Pragmatists. Pragmatists do "what works" based on empirical evidence. How is that conformist?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Synthesist-Realist, too.

I blame it on Ne/Te.

WHERES MY FI???!!!

I don't necessarily agree with you about Pragmatists. Pragmatists do "what works" based on empirical evidence. How is that conformist?

I don't know where your Fi went. The Conformist category only applies to those who score about even on all 5 categories. So I'm not confusing it with the Pragmatist. So if you scored 60+ on Pragmatist then that's not a Conformist result.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know where your Fi went. The Conformist category only applies to those who score about even on all 5 categories. So I'm not confusing it with the Pragmatist. So if you scored 60+ on Pragmatist then that's not a Conformist result.

Oh I see, you mean people who score evenly across the board.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I see, you mean people who score evenly across the board.

Yes, the book reports that there have been test results where the five scores never manage to rise above the 59 mark.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was realist-pragmatist last time I took this, now I am pragmatist-synthesist

Synthesist- 54
Idealist- 47
Pragmatist- 64
Analyst- 53
Realist- 52

And looking at the way the answers supposedly match up to each category, it's not making much sense. Reading a book outside one's field for curiosity's sake is a realist approach? Really?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Bramson book, which contains the InQ test, was written for managers to understand employees. But that book does not go into any detail about Conformists.

Some employees are, for various reasons, Conformists, or followers, in their thinking method. For whatever reason, they don't intend to make waves. They don't care about the "glass ceiling," even though they may be aware of it. These thinkers simply adapt, perhaps complaining about this or that thus detracting from their productivity, or simply going with the flow and trying to look like (but not necessarily be) a good employee. The trick for the manager is first identifying these types, and then learning how to get them motivated.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was realist-pragmatist last time I took this, now I am pragmatist-synthesist

Synthesist- 54
Idealist- 47
Pragmatist- 64
Analyst- 53
Realist- 52

And looking at the way the answers supposedly match up to each category, it's not making much sense. Reading a book outside one's field for curiosity's sake is a realist approach? Really?

A Realist in this system correlates well with the S.

But just to help you make a more-informed decision, the Pragmatist-Synthesist is the most creative of the combinations. The Pragmatist-Realist is described as a super-realist.