First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The book doesn't say. But if the 59 score indicates a strong enough Pragmatist influence, then when combined with Analyst the book says there is a tendency to approach all life situations in a manner which often appears to others as calculating and manipulative. It then describes this approach as a "tactical opportunist."

Edit - the PersonalityPages page on ENFP relates:
    An ENFP who has "gone wrong" may be quite manipulative - and very good it. The gift of gab which they are blessed with makes it naturally easy for them to get what they want. Most ENFPs will not abuse their abilities, because that would not jive with their value systems.
    Well, I don't think that I am especially good at manipulating people. Maybe I have the capability but I haven't really seen it. I have always had a really good grasp on systems, policies, rules, and how to bend them or find loopholes. That is not to say that I DO, I simply recognize it faster than most people. Whatever that means. I've heard ENTP's can do the same.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENTP

I got almost equal in everything, and then the test told me that I have duplicate answers...in all of my questions too bad I didn't read the instructions

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Well, I don't think that I am especially good at manipulating people. Maybe I have the capability but I haven't really seen it. I have always had a really good grasp on systems, policies, rules, and how to bend them or find loopholes. That is not to say that I DO, I simply recognize it faster than most people. Whatever that means. I've heard ENTP's can do the same.
    Then you haven't "gone wrong," and that is reflected by your <60 score on the Pragmatist scale. Not that a Pragmatist is "wrong," but that style by itself doesn't work with a strong value system.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I was realist-pragmatist last time I took this, now I am pragmatist-synthesist

Synthesist- 54
    Idealist- 47
    Pragmatist- 64
    Analyst- 53
    Realist- 52
    Only scores 60 and above indicate a preference for a thinking style. Using your current scores, it's a single style - pragmatist.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    51 Synthesist
    54 Idealist
    51 Pragmatist
    53 Analyst
    61 Realist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Only scores 60 and above indicate a preference for a thinking style....
    So I'm a realist. Looks like I've got a slew of options to fall back on too. Is that how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    So I'm a realist. Looks like I've got a slew of options to fall back on too. Is that how it works?
    Realist Thinkers

According to Bramson, “Realist thinkers are fast moving doers who know that reality is what their senses – sight, sound, taste, smell, and touch – tell them it is, and not that dry stuff that one finds in accounting ledgers, or the insipid pages of manual of operations.”

To connect with Realists, Bramson suggests, “If you communicate with Realist bosses as if they were Analysts, you will never get their attention. Rather than gobs of computer-printouts and other detailed information, Realists want a three-paragraph “Executive Summary” which tells briefly what is wrong and how you propose to fix it. For rather complicated reasons, they will often take you at your word if they see you as a qualified expert. You become an expert in their eyes when they know that you’ve assembled a store of facts in which they are interested, and you have proposed a set of actions that they already believe are the best things to do.”
    I'm laughing since that describes, in part, how I think. Give me a summary. Cut to the chase! Don't give me 80 pages of crap. Rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Rock and roll.
    Give me a summary? Give me a sentence is more like it sometimes!

Rock and Roll! Sounds good.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Synthesist 63
    Pragmatist 60
    Analyst 59
    Realist 49
    Idealist 39

EDIT: After reading the descriptions it seems to fit. I do the synthesis thing with an eye toward practical application. I was taking this from the perspective of my work as software developer / systems integrator. I do have a strong analyst preference and am always on a quest for the "best way" to solve something. The only thing that doesn't seem to fit well for me is the pragmatist description says the solution doesn't have to be the most elegant. To me, that's what I am always looking for... the best way is the elegant way and in the long run it is the most practical because I don't want to have to solve this problem again, ever.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

57 Synthesist
    47 Idealist
    61 Pragmatist
    54 Analyst
    51 Realist

I dunno what any of this means, if it needs fixing, I fix it, other than that I dont try and think to much
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

your resident asshole

51 Synthesist
    55 Idealist
    60 Pragmatist
    51 Analyst
    52 Realist

I read the descriptions and it sounds about right. Alhough I would expect my scores for Analyst and Synthesist to be lower than they are.