• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ballerina Right Brain / Left Brain Test + MBTI

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Right- and lef-brainedness (test)

I found this on another forum.

Look at the following woman before you proceed to the questions:

1192119673816ji2.gif

Do you see her turning clockwise or counterclockwise?
Can you see both directions?

If you see her turning clockwise, your right brain dominates.
If you see her turning counterclockwise, your left brain dominates.
If you can see her turning both ways, you are likely to have a high IQ.

Let's see how different types of people respond to this test.

I saw her turning clockwise and I could see the other direction when I really tried to see it, but not immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Langrenus

I think it's a con; watch the foot of 'her' supporting leg. The graphic just switches from clockwise to anti-clockwise halfway through

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I see counter clockwise. I don't see it going the other way no matter how hard I look. It just looks like her supporting foot --I'm assuming the one she's "standing/twirling" on-- is going all the way around. It looks unnatural, and painful if she wasn't a silhouette.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
For the first minute or so I could only see clockwise, but I zoned out (about to daydream) and then realised she seemed to now be going counter clockwise. :)

So does that mean that when I am zoned out I am using my left side of the brain, and when I am alert and paying attention I use the right? :shock:

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Looks like Langrenus is very intelligent and prplchknz is left-brained.

Prplchknz, if you still want to try seeing the other direction, try looking away from the image (so that you see it from the corner of your eye) and picture a mental image of it turning clockwise. Then turn your gaze to the actual image and see if it has changed its direction. I noticed that this is the easiest way to do it (at least for me). You can also help the change of direction with your finger: at first turn your finger counterclockwise with the woman, and then change the direction of your finger and try seeing the woman differently, if that helps.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Looks like Langrenus is very intelligent and prplchknz is left-brained.

Prplchknz, if you still want to try seeing the other direction, try looking away from the image (so that you see it from the corner of your eye) and picture a mental image of it turning clockwise. Then turn your gaze to the actual image and see if it has changed its direction. I noticed that this is the easiest way to do it (at least for me). You can also help the change of direction with your finger: at first turn your finger counterclockwise with the woman, and then change the direction of your finger and try seeing the woman differently, if that helps.

Still see her going counter-clockwise. It's like my mind is too stubborn to see things any other way.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
For the first minute or so I could only see clockwise, but I zoned out (about to daydream) and then realised she seemed to now be going counter clockwise. :)

So does that mean that when I am zoned out I am using my left side of the brain, and when I am alert and paying attention I use the right? :shock:

A similar thing happened to me: I saw the image only clockwise at first, and when I tried hard to see it counterclockwise, I narrowed my eyes and tried to look at the image as objectively as I could-- the way I look at things when I want to draw them. During/after this narrowing of eyes process I suddenly saw it the other way around. That made me think of the possibility that I use my left brain when I observe things that I intend to draw... but I don't know. Right brain is supposed to be the visual side-- isn't it??-- so it doesn't really make sense.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, daydreaming is generally a right-brain thing.

Maybe this just indicates that you are more right-brained (because that was your first impression) but that it's relatively easy for you to use both hemispheres?

MerkW

That's very cool, but as Langrenus said, it's a trick. When I first opened the link I saw her turn clockwise. After a few seconds I was able to see the figure turn the other direction. I've been starring at it for awhile, and now I'm capable of alternating her "direction" at will. Pretty interesting.

Langrenus

That's very cool, but as Langrenus said, it's a trick. When I first opened the link I saw her turn clockwise. After a few seconds I was able to see the figure turn the other direction. I've been starring at it for awhile, and now I'm capable of alternating her "direction" at will. Pretty interesting.

That's interesting; try as I might, I can't consciously 'choose' which direction I think the figure is moving in. When I said it was a con I meant it literally - it feels to me like the image is scripted to actually rotate in a different direction at random intervals.

Edit - just spent some more time on it, using Kaveri's 'narrow the eyes' approach. On reflection, it's definitely not scripted; it seem (and I could be wrong) that the most important time here is the point at which the legs cross (i.e when the model is closest to vertical) - because of the shadow effect, the brain can easily 'switch' the direction the model is moving in at this point.

Just try watching the gif and blinking very, very, very fast if you can't see the switch...eventually you'll 'hook' onto the correct frame (possibly)

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
it feels to me like the image is scripted to actually rotate in a different direction at random intervals.

Yet prplchknz says he can only see it one way? :shock: if it was scripted like you said, wouldn't he/she have seen it?

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
So far both INTJs see both directions :happy0065: This must mean something :static:

My sister could also change her direction at will. She could see her change direction on every other turn. That is so freaky. But she's INFP.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't think it's scripted. If you look at the shadow you see it matches up with the picture the whole time. I'm going to see if I can see it the other direction after smoking a joint. We'll see.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think it's scripted. If you look at the shadow you see it matches up with the picture the whole time.

I'm not sure the shadow does, it was watching the shadow that made me zone out, as she swings around where 7 and 8 would be on the dial, I could have sworn the shadow wasn't right, but I zoned out on that thought. :blush:

Langrenus

Yet prplchknz says he can only see it one way? :shock: if it was scripted like you said, wouldn't he/she have seen it?

prplchknz said:
don't think it's scripted. If you look at the shadow you see it matches up with the picture the whole time. I'm going to see if I can see it the other direction after smoking a joint. We'll see.

Yeah, it's not scripted :shock: I figured perhaps it was like one of those stupid IQ tests that just depend on length of time - if you view it for 20 seconds you won''t see the switch, but stare at it for 60 seconds and the script changes = you see the different direction.

After testing the hypothesis, I discovered it to be flawed ;)

MerkW

Edit - just spent some more time on it, using Kaveri's 'narrow the eyes' approach. On reflection, it's definitely not scripted; it seem (and I could be wrong) that the most important time here is the point at which the legs cross (i.e when the model is closest to vertical) - because of the shadow effect, the brain can easily 'switch' the direction the model is moving in at this point.

Just try watching the gif and blinking very, very, very fast if you can't see the switch...eventually you'll 'hook' onto the correct frame (possibly)

At first I would only see the figure change directions at random intervals without trying. After a short period of time though, I became able to manipulate it at will. Still, I seem to have a preference for the right hemisphere.

I think we should conduct a poll of some kind, regarding the correlation between MBTI type and this test.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you see her turning clockwise or counterclockwise?
Can you see both directions?

I saw her turn clockwise first. Then I saw her turning counter-clockwise, and I could switch back and forth between the two.

Neat.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Does anyone else see it counter clock wise first glance? I'm trying to figure something out.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
She went clockwise at first, then I thought "What?" and she was going in the other direction.

After reading this thread I went back and I can see her moving in both directions when I look a little off to the right (not quite zoning out).

Neat.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Are you sure it's not a trick? The image seems to be alternating between counterclockwise and clockwise at intervals. I saw it going counterclockwise, then I blinked and it switched.

I'll just believe I'm a freakin genius!. :banana2: