• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ballerina Right Brain / Left Brain Test + MBTI

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
before i read past the first question i'm saying counterclockwise
eta:
after i read more of it i attempted for a sec to reverse it but felt some odd vertigo thing and felt sick so no...i can't believe anyone could naturally see it the other way. it makes me sick.

G

Ginkgo

Edit: I'm never sure about the designation of cognitive functions as left or right brained, though. Ti can seem kind of 'left brain' to me, and Ni can seem kind of 'right brain'...

Yes, the brain works in a dynamic and communicative fashion. It would be hard -if not impossible- to designate certain functions with their respective brain areas.

I know 3 INFJs who appear right-brained according to these standards, even though Ni and Fe are apparently left-brained functions.

I wonder why...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can people seriously see it moving counter clockwise? I looked atit for like maybe 3 or 4 minutes and it doesn't change.

That's crazy!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can people seriously see it moving counter clockwise? I looked atit for like maybe 3 or 4 minutes and it doesn't change.

That's crazy!!

really!!?? i feel the opposite...weird!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had the same experience (could only see her move clockwise) until I tried his suggestions. It took effort, but it worked. Very cool little trick.

G

Ginkgo

If this serves as a lesson to anyone: Never trust your initial perceptions of things. You may learn quite a bit from others who see things from a different perspective. :D

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do we know that this really tells us anything? I've seen this a few times, and even though I have balanced hemispheres, I can only see it move clockwise.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I only see clockwise. I'm trying to see anti-clockwise, but I can't :'( Seems like most INTPs or INs see clockwise though... Meh

What the hell? Now it's going anti-clockwise. I give up. I don't even know anymore

G

Ginkgo

How do we know that this really tells us anything? I've seen this a few times, and even though I have balanced hemispheres, I can only see it move clockwise.

See! There you go! You're questioning things. :D

I only see clockwise. I'm trying to see anti-clockwise, but I can't :'( Seems like most INTPs or INs see clockwise though... Meh

What the hell? Now it's going anti-clockwise. I give up. I don't even know anymore

Maybe because you're seeing it anti-clockwise because you changed your frame of mind?

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
This is really trippy. I could only see clockwise at first; it took me forever to see counter-clockwise. Then, after I finally saw it counter-clockwise, it was difficult to change it back. Now I can switch it back and forth every few seconds, but it took a while before I could do that.

I don't see yet how this relates to left/right-brainedness. Maybe it has something to do with looking at the individual parts of the dancer as opposed the whole. I'll have to stare at it more and see if I can figure it out.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wait a sec...damn i even read that wrong...i'm left brained!? that cannot be true...although i remember testing that once in school and being surprised...damn i don't believe it!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Spinning-lady-5693171.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hemisphere_functions.gif

Do your dominant functions coincide with your Ballerina test result?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see her going clockwise most of the time, but if I work at it, I can see her going counter-clockwise, too.

But the conclusion of what that means about me seems to be opposite of what I believe to be true about myself.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And today the verdict is: Clockwise.

:smile:

(I've written in another post that I have viewed it counter before too. But anyway....I do think I'm more naturally Left-brained, it's only been as I've gotten older that I've picked up some more right-brain attributes; as a child and in school I was much more left-brained in my learning style/behavior than right)

dorcus0

MBTI Type
INTP
I see the ballerina going clockwise, every time I look.

With effort, I can make her go counterclockwise, but she might go back to clockwise at any time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know this sounds silly but i need another example...my brain is fried and i'm a lil dyslexic
eta:
okay...yeah...i'm just screwed up in my head...whew...i see it clockwise...i just...was labeling it wrong

The Spinning Dancer Explained | Enfotainer - Enfotain your mind!

i know i'm having this conversation with myself...sorry. :blush:
eta again :
wow oh my god i have issues! no...i read that wrong too omg never mind!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The test can't be trusted. It all depends on your current state of mind.
For example:
I just finished a piece of art. I look at the girl and she's moving clockwise.
I just solved a math problem. I look at the girl and she's moving anti-clockwise.

Taking the initial for granted is like saying your a wanker because you masturbated at the time you were testing whether your an excessive masturbator or not.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Clockwise.

I can't make her go anti-clockwise! How do you do it?

Is it like those magic eye puzzles (which I'm crap at BTW)?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The test can't be trusted. It all depends on your current state of mind.
For example:
I just solved a math problem. I look at the girl and she's moving anti-clockwise.

Taking the initial for granted is like saying your a wanker because you masturbated at the time you were testing whether your an excessive masturbator or not.

Yeah, I think this is true. I just took a break from the computer and now that I've come back she is consistently counter-clockwise.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...i'm sorry but for real...how can an enfp be left brained?

nanook

a scream in a vortex

well exactly because of what you say, it can be trusted. the initial direction succeeds in diagnosing your current state of mind. that's what it claims to do. it is not meant to diagnose type. to the contrary i would bet, that the "inventors" of this thingy would argue that such a thing as static preference for one side of the brain does not exist for a lot of people. but some do have a static preference. (typology is not very popular in neuroscience or any science and who ever invented this must have been some kind of scientist, no?)

compare with questionaries about traits that are associated with hemispheres. the results to such tests are given in percent for both sides. a lot of people get 50/50 results or 40/40 results. it's not meant to be one or the other. but it is for some.

and the idea that all J are left and all P are right has been completely pulled out of thin air anyway.
there is no reason to assume, that all of us should have a static preference, therefore a method of detecting preference can not be dismissed, on the ground that it indicates, that someone has indeed no static preference.