• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ballerina Right Brain / Left Brain Test + MBTI

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Pfft. I really, really, think this has absolutely no merit. How is some trick of perception related in any way to how I think? Is it clockwise looking from the bottom or from the top? Tsk, tsk, ambiguity.

In any case, I can see the dancer turning both ways, so there. You just have to decide when the outer foot is close to you or far away from you.

G

Ginkgo

Try changing the direction by using various functions.

For instance, if you read my post, snap your fingers, or think about what happened yesterday, the ballerina may start turning counter-clockwise.

On the other hand, if you think about tomorrow's schedule, pretend that you are an astronaut, or calculate a mathematical formula, it may turn clockwise.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I get both. It keeps changing direction every time I see it. I can also easily change it at will.

But what was your INITIAL response? That would indicate your preference. It's not like any particular person can't use both sides of their brain, it's which generally dominates.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Try changing the direction by using various functions.

For instance, if you read my post, snap your fingers, or think about what happened yesterday, the ballerina may start turning counter-clockwise.

On the other hand, if you think about tomorrow's schedule, pretend that you are an astronaut, or calculate a mathematical formula, it may turn clockwise.
I guessed as much. It would depend on your mindset when you look at it.

But what was your INITIAL response? That would indicate your preference. It's not like any particular person can't use both sides of their brain, it's which generally dominates.
I initially got it anti-clockwise. I doubt it would indicate my preference though. It would indicate the mind state I'm currently in when I look at it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guessed as much. It would depend on your mindset when you look at it.

I initially got it anti-clockwise. I doubt it would indicate my preference though. It would indicate the mind state I'm currently in when I look at it.

Well, it's much easier for me to see it go clockwise. I have to consciously change my mindset to make it go counter-clock. This indicates right brain dominance to me, at least.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
I'm not reading into your posts here, in fact I didn't even read most of them, but I just want to say that I absolutely love these perception posts, especially this one, and I too can make her spin both ways. More!

G

Ginkgo

Well, it's much easier for me to see it go clockwise. I have to consciously change my mindset to make it go counter-clock. This indicates right brain dominance to me, at least.

I tend to agree. My ballerina rotates clockwise approximately 70% of the time.

I actually presented this test to my Psych class, and most individuals experienced a left-brain preference. There are obviously correlations.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I always get counter-clockwise, but I stared at it for awhile and finally saw it turn clockwise for the first time. I tried to see it clockwise again, but it's not working.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I change it by just trying to make what I see go the other direction. It's not hard at all.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
always right (clockwise) for me.
have a very hard time changing it.
one way of achieving a change is to imagine outlines around the hip/ass. you just have to know how/where. i was able to do it, but atm i have forgotten about it.
there is an image on the web that illustrates the outline trick.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've seen this before and its always been clockwise.

I haven't yet managed to change it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
counter-clock wise all the time...which makes no sense for my type...apparently...unless we are relating my functions according to socionics..

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I suppose that corresponds to my dominant functions.

G

Ginkgo

I change it by just trying to make what I see go the other direction. It's not hard at all.

That's probably because you're using your imagination!

spongebob.jpg

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I can change it, but it requires that I squint for a few seconds or shake my head. Most of the time, and initially, I see it clockwise.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
I saw clockwise first, looked away for a second, and when I looked back, it was counter-clockwise.

I can also change it at will. I can get it so she doesn't turn around at all, but just goes from left to right, facing away from me all the time.

Edit: I'm never sure about the designation of cognitive functions as left or right brained, though. Ti can seem kind of 'left brain' to me, and Ni can seem kind of 'right brain'...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yea. I've done that too. It looks like her leg's just retarded and changing all the time. I've also made one leg move anti-clockwise while the whole body moves clockwise and it looks like her leg is going through her other leg.