• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ballerina Right Brain / Left Brain Test + MBTI

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see her turning from left to right. Clockwise or counterclockwise assumes you are using either a birdseye view or wormseye view respectively.

heart

heart on fire
When I clicked in she was turning counterclockwise and then changed to clockwise. I immediately thought it was just that she turns one way for a while and then the other for a while. I don't think this is a real test.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so I finally just stared at it for a bit then it started going clockwise. but if I look away then back again it goes back to anti-clockwise.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I first saw it as going clockwise and then after a little while it switched to counter-clockwise. I can also manipulate her movement now...but the funny thing is, I can only make her turn clockwise when her raised foot is pointing directly toward the right side, and to turn her counter-clockwise her rasied foot needs to be pointing toward the left side. Anyone else have that experience?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see counter clockwise. Trying to imagine it clockwise now.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
With me the direction switches if I take a quick glance at the foot and the shadow of the foot, sometimes the image rotation "flips" when I look back up.

Edit: It's a bit odder, actually, after looking at it some more. The image starts by rotation counterclockwise from the direction of the feet, switches to clockwise when I look at the foot and foot's shadow. When I look at the head, it switches back to rotating counterclockwise from below when I look at the head.

Edit two: After covering up areas and watching for switches in direction (to avoid the whole image luring me in and just watching one small part.), it doesn't seem that it switches the image every few minutes, though I still wouldn't rule it out.

Edit three (Third time's the charm I guess.): After some more watching by covering up areas and mentally "flipping" the rotation, it is in fact a mental flip, the image doesn't change.

Dufresne

MBTI Type
INFP
I see it going clockwise, and I can't imagine it going the other way. I'm left handed and therefore right brained. prplchknz, are you right brained?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I see it going clockwise, and I can't imagine it going the other way. I'm left handed and therefore right brained. prplchknz, are you right brained?

I do anything that requires my hand with my right. I do anything that requires my whole arm with my left. But I'm primarily right handed. I don't know which side brained I actually am. I suspect I'm a little of both, and I suspect most people are as well.But probably more left.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
She appeared to be going counter-clockwise. (right-to-left, I think), It never changed even though I watched for a long time. Near the beginning, she rotated slowly, and sped up later. But always in the same direction.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
That's very cool, but as Langrenus said, it's a trick. When I first opened the link I saw her turn clockwise. After a few seconds I was able to see the figure turn the other direction. I've been starring at it for awhile, and now I'm capable of alternating her "direction" at will. Pretty interesting.

That's the way I saw her too. First impressions were clockwise though.

Very cool.

lastrailway

Clockwise and had a hard time to see it turn counter-clockwise. And I cannot see different directions at will.
I usually score hardcore left-brained in most of this stuff, which implies:
-mostly right-handed: false
-mostly sensor: I am not sure
-more rational than holistic: pretty true.
I find these kind of stuff to be baseless and to try to randomly correlate genetic preferences (such as hand orientation) with behavioural preferences, which I think would be mostly environmental

maidenhair

MBTI Type
INFP
I initially saw her moving counterclockwise for about 15 seconds. When I focused less intensely, the direction changed to clockwise. I refocused and could still see a clockwise rotation. I tried to see if I could change the direction back to counterclockwise, and after a few rotations it changed back. For me, the intensity and point of focus were factors in determining direction.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm...however long I stared at this for, I could never get it to go counterclockwise. Usually I get these visual things instantly too. That's odd. I can't even imagine how anyone is seeing counterclockwise.

I kinda doubt it has anything to do with IQ though.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
hmm...however long I stared at this for, I could never get it to go counterclockwise. Usually I get these visual things instantly too. That's odd. I can't even imagine how anyone is seeing counterclockwise.

I kinda doubt it has anything to do with IQ though.

Have you tried just glancing to the right of it? turn your head slightly? Or another way is to look at the shadow of the feet and then look back up?

ygolo

My termites win
I'm getting better at controlling it.

Neat image.

Initially, I saw her counter-clockwise, then clockwise, then switching randomly, then clockwise again.

It took me a little while to control the perception. I focus on getting her swinging leg to pass in front of her or behind her. I find it a little harder to switch from clockwise to counter-clockwise than the other way around.

She seems more graceful going clockwise, but more energetic going counter-clockwise. I think that is because her "hop" is between 90 and 180 degrees when going clockwise, but 180 to 270 degrees going counter-clockwise.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Initially counter-clockwise, but then I could see it either way, like with Necker's cube. Focusing on one direction made it harder to think of the other direction, but looking at her feet helped it. Also, just seeing at as a whole helped me.

There was a moment that I lost the ability to switch and I wondered how hard it can be. It was harder to change when I concentrated on it, lol.. so what to learn? When you try too hard, you dont use both brain sides?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clockwise. I can't get her to move counter-clockwise without effort, though.

I guess that means I'm in my right mind! :D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you tried just glancing to the right of it? turn your head slightly? Or another way is to look at the shadow of the feet and then look back up?

I focus on getting her swinging leg to pass in front of her or behind her. I find it a little harder to switch from clockwise to counter-clockwise than the other way around.
I tried both those things and still never see her doing anything but clockwise. I see how it's possible to see either in theory, but when it's actually moving in front of me all I can see is clockwise.