User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I saw clockwise at first, then counterclockwise a few minutes later.

Neither is official, being a silhouette, it loses some depth information.
    Being a recognisable shape, the brain feels compelled to guess the missing information. In this case there are two possible interpretations, the axis of rotation is either leaning toward or away from the viewer. Clockwise for toward and anticlockwise for away.

I don't think it a coincidence that they chose a female form.

Edit: I'm not sure how helpful this is, but sometimes I can get her to turn the other way by placing my hand palm forward in front of the image leaning either toward or away from me, then moving it away.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

I saw it both ways, but it's inconsistent...
    It rotated twice left, turned right, and I couldn't rotate it left again, and then i looked at the picture again, and it repeats...
    Okay now it keeps going left.

I kinda mastered how to change it for a while, but then it went back to,

oh noes! I can't control this...
    Se, Ne, Ti, Fi
    I must be a freak of nature, according to the MBTI. I kinda like this.

MBTI
    istp

it isn't a "trick", if you're seeing the supporting foot change directions then you're simply changing the direction you're perceiving it... it's a silhouette and the foot always goes from lower left to upper right.

we see the black shape and our spatial mind gives it depth even though it has none. an easy way to change the direction to determine whether the leg sticking out is in "front" or "behind" as it crosses the vertical leg... alternate that and it will change directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    If you can see her turning both ways, you are likely to have a high IQ.
    i can see it going either directions but my spacial iq is significantly higher than my regular one

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

At first, I saw clockwise direction. Then shortly after, she turned anti-clockwise (left-to-right)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    My sister could also change her direction at will. She could see her change direction on every other turn. That is so freaky. But she's INFP.
    And after staring at if for another minute, I can now manipulate and control her direction.

MBTI
    INTJ

I saw it counter-clockwise at first and then I was able to change back and forth. Definetly not a trick as my GF would look at the same time and see it turning a different direction than me.

MBTI
    INTJ

whoa... I just tried it again and I can get her to go back and forth she'll go one way half way and then turn back and swing the other way. I can make it so her back is never facing me properly. Wierd.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

does the direction change? i saw counterclockwise then alt+tabbed to an IM window, and then it was clockwise...

MBTI
    INTP

An easy way to see it both ways is to instead of thinking about her revolving, think that she's just swinging her foot left to right in front of her.

Of course that means her leg switches from being the left to the right one, but we're all friends here.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I have seen this a bunch of times (was sent to me at work this week, even). I always see her clockwise at first, but I can see it both ways if I'm patient and kind of look past the image for a little while. Most of my co-workers saw her going counter-clockwise. It probably doesn't really indicat brain hemisphere dominance, though (because that's not really how the brain is organized, says my neuroscientist ex boyfriend).
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    it feels to me like the image is scripted to actually rotate in a different direction at random intervals.
    That doesn't really make sense when anybody can change the direction in their own mind at any point. I was going back and forth at my own pace, seeing what I wanted to see when I wanted to see it. It's a completely logical anomaly that it should work, the only thing that suffers is the perspective, ie. the leg should look smaller when behind her and larger when in front of her.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.