User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can see it going both ways. Which scares me a little, because I don't know which one is correct, even if I stare at her feet. For the record it seems to be clockwise first.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    cool cool cool - i came up with a technique! Tilt your head to the right and she goes clockwise, shut your eyes and tilt left, then she goes counter, rinse and repeat. One more help. Focus on the tip of her leading foot to control the direction of her rotation. Squinting helps to if your brain gets stuck in one mode or the other. It's based on your assumption as to when her leg crosses in front and behind. Alternating that assumption is what alternates her rotation. Some reason squinting helps throw off the given assumption on that.

That's an interesting statement. I would never have asked that question. She is really going both directions at once. Maybe that is letting go of logic and embracing the truth of the absurd?
    Neato! I've not seen this one before. First I saw counter clockwise, then when I look away, it flips to clockwise... if I try to concentrate on how it works, it goes back to counter, then after a few sec flips back to clockwise.

Yah it works on a similar principle as a necker's cube... well almost the same.
    Took me a while to figure this out, but she's going in neither directions. It works on the art principle of foreshortening of her limbs. The leg is the easiest to focus on. Say when her leg's on the left side, it starts to shorten during the "spin". Our minds believe it's a real person... so a shortening limb means it's either swinging towards us or away. But because it's just a silhouette, our mind can either say it's towards or away... therefore it gives the spinning illusion.

I found that you can force her to "spin" in either direction by thinking her leg's moving towards me or away from me.

MBTI
    eNFP

Try as I might, I can only see her move clockwise. Does this mean I am stubbornly right-brained? I actually find being called right-brained rather flattering...isn't that supposed to be the "creative side"?

I am an ENFP, if that matters.

MBTI
    ????

that is soo funny!
    I tried it and at first she was going clockwise but then I switched her to ccw.
    now I can easily switch her back and forth.
    I had my sister look at it and she said she was only going ccw to her.
    my sister is an IXTJ.
    my mom is INTJ and she sees right brain.

MBTI
    xNFJ

Haven't looked at it much yet, but I see it clockwise. I'm trying to imagine whenever I see her head facing me, that I should try to think of the foot as behind instead of in front of her, but I can't do it yet.

I was given a test for... brainedness a few months ago by my sixth form college, and it said I was right brain dominant. The right brained traits I remember were having frequently remembered, vivid dreams, a visual learning style, and the way you put your hands in your lap (which thumb over the other). There was one in which you put your hand over each eye in turn while looking at something, to see which makes the object move the most from its position through both eyes. Nothing like this though.

I thought it was said that left-handed people were right-brained and right-handed people left-brained. So before the test I assumed I was left-brained, because I'm very much right-handed. Now I'm thinking they may all be making these associations up as they go along...

Edit: I've also read that Ni is in the left side of the brain. So again I should be left-brained. Very confused picture all round, and I don't see why a whole side should always be preferred to the other anyway. Does neuro-imaging back this theory up? Where does it come from?
    Last edited by xNFJiminy; 10-12-2007 at 03:12 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP

That is funny. But it makes me sort of dizzy. I saw it going clockwose, then counter clockwise. Then I got her to dance by switching the direction before she completes a full turn. It makes me cross-eyed though.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    INTP

Negative.

I do not have a tiny brain

MBTI
    xNFJ

I can make it look anti-clockwise this time!

Tips and explanation (don't give up figuring it out too soon though):

Looking at the foot and/or the shadow is the easiest for me, but also notice, when it looks anti-clockwise, the staighter arm is on the right when she's facing you, and when clockwise, it's on the left when she's facing you. So when each arm disappears into the silhouette, it can either be imagined as going behind her or in front of her. Because you know how the body is put together, you're then seeing each limb going in the same direction, and because you're imagining it in 3 dimensions, you're giving it an inevitable 'spin' that it doesn't have. Same applies to the leg, foot and face. Just remember, it's just a 2D animated image, 'she' doesn't really have a round body, so when the arms are moving in and out, they aren't moving towards or away from you, just towards and away from her, although your brain has automatically interpreted it one way or the other. This is basically a trick of depth perception, so focus on manipulating that rather than directly on left/right directions. If a leg is going left when clockwise, it's also going left when anti-clockwise; the only difference is whether you're seeing it coming round towards you or round away from you. I can make her limbs turn in different directions to each other, it's kind of fun.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    I found this on another forum.

Look at the following woman before you proceed to the questions:

http://www.guitarmania.org/z40/data/gowoon31/123241.gif

Do you see her turning clockwise or counterclockwise?
    Can you see both directions?

If you see her turning clockwise, your right brain dominates.
    If you see her turning counterclockwise, your left brain dominates.
    If you can see her turning both ways, you are likely to have a high IQ.

Let's see how different types of people respond to this test.

I saw her turning clockwise and I could see the other direction when I really tried to see it, but not immediately.
    This test is upside down.

On both accounts.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

When my husband showed me this- I didn't know what it was about or anything- he asked me to look at this animation of a women moving and asked me if she was moving clockwise or counterclockwise. I saw it moving both ways and changing direction- in fact I even noticed how there were times where she didn't even turn completely around but just went back and forth or from side to side in the front but did not make a full turn. Now she did make full movement in turning in both directions but that was another thing I noticed.

TLL could not see what I was talking about and I thought he thought I was nuts. I asked him if there was an official answer and he said there wasn't but there were other people who notcied what I noticed so I wasn't crazy alone,lol. Then he pointed out how he noticed several INTJ's noticing the same things and questioned whether or not it was an Ni trait or strength.

I thought that this was cool and I don't understand how he couldn't see what I saw- he saw it going in just one direction.

There is no doubt in my head whatsoever of what I saw but you know it reminded me that this is often how I feel about observations I make.
    I feel like I notice things that other people just can't notice or don't get and it is so frustrating because I don't know how to explain it.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables