User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    That's very cool, but as Langrenus said, it's a trick. When I first opened the link I saw her turn clockwise. After a few seconds I was able to see the figure turn the other direction. I've been starring at it for awhile, and now I'm capable of alternating her "direction" at will. Pretty interesting.
    That's the way I saw her too. First impressions were clockwise though.

Very cool.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Clockwise and had a hard time to see it turn counter-clockwise. And I cannot see different directions at will.
    I usually score hardcore left-brained in most of this stuff, which implies:
    -mostly right-handed: false
    -mostly sensor: I am not sure
    -more rational than holistic: pretty true.
    I find these kind of stuff to be baseless and to try to randomly correlate genetic preferences (such as hand orientation) with behavioural preferences, which I think would be mostly environmental

MBTI
    INFP

I initially saw her moving counterclockwise for about 15 seconds. When I focused less intensely, the direction changed to clockwise. I refocused and could still see a clockwise rotation. I tried to see if I could change the direction back to counterclockwise, and after a few rotations it changed back. For me, the intensity and point of focus were factors in determining direction.
    "We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

hmm...however long I stared at this for, I could never get it to go counterclockwise. Usually I get these visual things instantly too. That's odd. I can't even imagine how anyone is seeing counterclockwise.

I kinda doubt it has anything to do with IQ though.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    hmm...however long I stared at this for, I could never get it to go counterclockwise. Usually I get these visual things instantly too. That's odd. I can't even imagine how anyone is seeing counterclockwise.

I kinda doubt it has anything to do with IQ though.
    Have you tried just glancing to the right of it? turn your head slightly? Or another way is to look at the shadow of the feet and then look back up?
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    intp

I'm getting better at controlling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    I'm getting better at controlling it.
    Neat image.

Initially, I saw her counter-clockwise, then clockwise, then switching randomly, then clockwise again.

It took me a little while to control the perception. I focus on getting her swinging leg to pass in front of her or behind her. I find it a little harder to switch from clockwise to counter-clockwise than the other way around.

She seems more graceful going clockwise, but more energetic going counter-clockwise. I think that is because her "hop" is between 90 and 180 degrees when going clockwise, but 180 to 270 degrees going counter-clockwise.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Initially counter-clockwise, but then I could see it either way, like with Necker's cube. Focusing on one direction made it harder to think of the other direction, but looking at her feet helped it. Also, just seeing at as a whole helped me.

There was a moment that I lost the ability to switch and I wondered how hard it can be. It was harder to change when I concentrated on it, lol.. so what to learn? When you try too hard, you dont use both brain sides?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Clockwise. I can't get her to move counter-clockwise without effort, though.

I guess that means I'm in my right mind!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Have you tried just glancing to the right of it? turn your head slightly? Or another way is to look at the shadow of the feet and then look back up?
    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I focus on getting her swinging leg to pass in front of her or behind her. I find it a little harder to switch from clockwise to counter-clockwise than the other way around.
    I tried both those things and still never see her doing anything but clockwise. I see how it's possible to see either in theory, but when it's actually moving in front of me all I can see is clockwise.