User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    intp

So far both INTJs see both directions This must mean something

My sister could also change her direction at will. She could see her change direction on every other turn. That is so freaky. But she's INFP.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    So far both INTJs see both directions This must mean something

As did 2/3 infps don't forget.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    yupp

I don't think it's scripted. If you look at the shadow you see it matches up with the picture the whole time. I'm going to see if I can see it the other direction after smoking a joint. We'll see.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't think it's scripted. If you look at the shadow you see it matches up with the picture the whole time.

I'm not sure the shadow does, it was watching the shadow that made me zone out, as she swings around where 7 and 8 would be on the dial, I could have sworn the shadow wasn't right, but I zoned out on that thought.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Yet prplchknz says he can only see it one way? if it was scripted like you said, wouldn't he/she have seen it?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    don't think it's scripted. If you look at the shadow you see it matches up with the picture the whole time. I'm going to see if I can see it the other direction after smoking a joint. We'll see.
    Yeah, it's not scripted I figured perhaps it was like one of those stupid IQ tests that just depend on length of time - if you view it for 20 seconds you won''t see the switch, but stare at it for 60 seconds and the script changes = you see the different direction.

After testing the hypothesis, I discovered it to be flawed
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

Edit - just spent some more time on it, using Kaveri's 'narrow the eyes' approach. On reflection, it's definitely not scripted; it seem (and I could be wrong) that the most important time here is the point at which the legs cross (i.e when the model is closest to vertical) - because of the shadow effect, the brain can easily 'switch' the direction the model is moving in at this point.

Just try watching the gif and blinking very, very, very fast if you can't see the switch...eventually you'll 'hook' onto the correct frame (possibly)
    At first I would only see the figure change directions at random intervals without trying. After a short period of time though, I became able to manipulate it at will. Still, I seem to have a preference for the right hemisphere.

I think we should conduct a poll of some kind, regarding the correlation between MBTI type and this test.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Do you see her turning clockwise or counterclockwise?
    Can you see both directions?
    I saw her turn clockwise first. Then I saw her turning counter-clockwise, and I could switch back and forth between the two.

Neat.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Does anyone else see it counter clock wise first glance? I'm trying to figure something out.

MBTI
    INTJ

She went clockwise at first, then I thought "What?" and she was going in the other direction.

After reading this thread I went back and I can see her moving in both directions when I look a little off to the right (not quite zoning out).

Neat.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Enneagram
    1w2

Are you sure it's not a trick? The image seems to be alternating between counterclockwise and clockwise at intervals. I saw it going counterclockwise, then I blinked and it switched.

I'll just believe I'm a freakin genius!.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3