User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

Pfft. I really, really, think this has absolutely no merit. How is some trick of perception related in any way to how I think? Is it clockwise looking from the bottom or from the top? Tsk, tsk, ambiguity.

In any case, I can see the dancer turning both ways, so there. You just have to decide when the outer foot is close to you or far away from you.

Ginkgo

Try changing the direction by using various functions.

For instance, if you read my post, snap your fingers, or think about what happened yesterday, the ballerina may start turning counter-clockwise.

On the other hand, if you think about tomorrow's schedule, pretend that you are an astronaut, or calculate a mathematical formula, it may turn clockwise.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I get both. It keeps changing direction every time I see it. I can also easily change it at will.
    But what was your INITIAL response? That would indicate your preference. It's not like any particular person can't use both sides of their brain, it's which generally dominates.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Try changing the direction by using various functions.

For instance, if you read my post, snap your fingers, or think about what happened yesterday, the ballerina may start turning counter-clockwise.

On the other hand, if you think about tomorrow's schedule, pretend that you are an astronaut, or calculate a mathematical formula, it may turn clockwise.
    I guessed as much. It would depend on your mindset when you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But what was your INITIAL response? That would indicate your preference. It's not like any particular person can't use both sides of their brain, it's which generally dominates.
    I initially got it anti-clockwise. I doubt it would indicate my preference though. It would indicate the mind state I'm currently in when I look at it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I guessed as much. It would depend on your mindset when you look at it.

I initially got it anti-clockwise. I doubt it would indicate my preference though. It would indicate the mind state I'm currently in when I look at it.
    Well, it's much easier for me to see it go clockwise. I have to consciously change my mindset to make it go counter-clock. This indicates right brain dominance to me, at least.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

I'm not reading into your posts here, in fact I didn't even read most of them, but I just want to say that I absolutely love these perception posts, especially this one, and I too can make her spin both ways. More!

Ginkgo

Well, it's much easier for me to see it go clockwise. I have to consciously change my mindset to make it go counter-clock. This indicates right brain dominance to me, at least.
    I tend to agree. My ballerina rotates clockwise approximately 70% of the time.

I actually presented this test to my Psych class, and most individuals experienced a left-brain preference. There are obviously correlations.

MBTI
    INxJ

I always get counter-clockwise, but I stared at it for awhile and finally saw it turn clockwise for the first time. I tried to see it clockwise again, but it's not working.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I change it by just trying to make what I see go the other direction. It's not hard at all.

always right (clockwise) for me.
    have a very hard time changing it.
    one way of achieving a change is to imagine outlines around the hip/ass. you just have to know how/where. i was able to do it, but atm i have forgotten about it.
    there is an image on the web that illustrates the outline trick.