User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Tis a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! Can you imagine a world full of submissive omegas falling over themselves to ...fall over themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Tis a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! Can you imagine a world full of submissive omegas falling over themselves to ...fall over themselves?

It would be a world where everyone lived in their parent's basements. I don't know if there are enough basements.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    It would be a world where everyone lived in their parent's basements. I don't know if there are enough basements.
    You've got that backwards. The Morlocks are the ones that live below ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Omegas can be highly responsible people. By the same token, an Alpha can be so pushy and self absorbed that they can just lazily sit around and bark at people to do their bidding.

I'm not sure what the correalation is here. At all.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Beta.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Omegas can be highly responsible people. By the same token, an Alpha can be so pushy and self absorbed that they can just lazily sit around and bark at people to do their bidding.

I'm not sure what the correalation is here. At all.
    It was a joke.

For the record, I scored as omega. I've been known to take the alpha position when necessary, but I generally would rather not. I think there are alot of omegas like that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    When I say 'overt power struggle' I mean leadership of people who are not your direct responsibility. I believe you would fit the omega profile more so than alpha, others are your primary concern and not a #1 status. that is why it is called 'alpha', the first, and if you are always the first by definition then you simply cant always put the best interest of others before your own. this is why omega outranks alpha in terms of clout, those who must always be first have a need to be first, usually at the cost of others' wellbeing. this is the telltale sign of their weakness--those who put others first not only have the most to give but quality of character to do so, this is what leads others to trust and elect them as the leader. doesnt have anything to do with being a pushover!

in mountain climbing, the most experienced climber goes last in a rope chain when glacier crossing. that is because that position has the greatest responsibility for the safety of the group. the person in front gets to hold the compass but if they make a mistake and fall in a crevice they have the entire group to catch them. consequently they are not a "fearless leader", they are in the position of greatest safety.
    You know, that was so nicely put I have no issue with any of it.

Grayscale, my firend, thou art a well versed and well spoken fellow.

I am what I am, and if I am an Omega, that's fine with me, I'm not at all emotionally attached to a rank used to identify caste amongst primitive mammals.

Maybe the "me first" element of the alpha persona is the part, that if factored out yields the Omega persona?

Cheers to you,

-Halla

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am what I am, and if I am an Omega, that's fine with me, I'm not at all emotionally attached to a rank used to identify caste amongst primitive mammals.

Maybe the "me first" element of the alpha persona is the part, that if factored out yields the Omega persona?
    That very well may be it... leave it to the ESTP not to overcomplexity things!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    LOL @ the people taking a "Hello Quizzy" test so seriously...
    Can't be helped, people are way too interesting not to study

MBTI
    ENFP

Alpha male
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

I much more relate to the omega but not as submissive. I think the omega is the one that has it right, the independent one. Where the alpa is tied to their status within their group and in an endless series of fights to protect it.

It is best to be independent.
    Status is for fools.
    You need to fight to protect your independence.