User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    istp

is this really what we think it means to be an alpha? be self-centered and inconsiderate? lol... want to be different, be a leader, display strength? get over yourself and put others first, selfishness is easy. something tells me whoever wrote this test has never had kids.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Omega
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    is this really what we think it means to be an alpha? be self-centered and inconsiderate? lol... want to be different, be a leader, display strength? get over yourself and put others first, selfishness is easy. something tells me whoever wrote this test has never had kids.
    Well ya know...I don't know why being an alpha in itself should be a good thing. So I don't think the attributes associated with it should necessarily be admired. You look at animals and the alpha male is simply the strongest and the most selfish one usually.

But I agree the test is either clearly a joke or the work of someone who clearly have a trouble understanding what it means to be awesome.

And I say everyone who wants to ride shotgun or drive should be part of my entourage really. I like to sit back and relax and lay down the law like that.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well ya know...I don't know why being an alpha in itself should be a good thing. So I don't think the attributes associated with it should necessarily be admired. You look at animals and the alpha male is simply the strongest and the most selfish one usually.
    Good point, I am assuming we all consider being the 'alpha' a good thing... but aren't we on the top of the food chain because we're smarter than animals? it's no coincidence we also understand the concept of love and sharing, which is to recognize that there is enough for everyone, to appreciate what we have more than loathe what we dont, this is why we do not kill each other over food like animals.

In my mind, being a leader implies that you are taking others to a place they aren't already, and they do so by going first and demonstrating the right way. That is why I think selflessness is the mark of a true leader, because they have the deepest grasp of what they already have and set the example by giving it freely to others, which results in the greatest good among everyone.

To say selfishness is the example is to regress the intelligence we've been granted towards animalism. Clearly we have achieved more than animals, that doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I got Alpha Female, there must be something wrong with the test
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Take off the dress, you fool!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You said you'd burp, didn't you? C'mon admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    Good point, I am assuming we all consider being the 'alpha' a good thing... but aren't we on the top of the food chain because we're smarter than animals? it's no coincidence we also understand the concept of love and sharing, which is to recognize that there is enough for everyone, to appreciate what we have more than loathe what we dont, this is why we do not kill each other over food like animals.

In my mind, being a leader implies that you are taking others to a place they aren't already, and they do so by going first and demonstrating the right way. That is why I think selflessness is the mark of a true leader, because they have the deepest grasp of what they already have and set the example by giving it freely to others, which results in the greatest good among everyone.

To say selfishness is the example is to regress the intelligence we've been granted towards animalism. Clearly we have achieved more than animals, that doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    I got tears in my eyes after reading this. Well spoken...wait, are you an ISTP? How old are you, fiend?!

MBTI
    ENTP

It just seemed to me to be a how rude are you test. I think the questions were odd to determine alpha status. Most people think rude people in restaurants are just that, rude. And perhaps ignorant.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You said you'd burp, didn't you? C'mon admit it!
    I'ld be offended if you would think any different of me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i scored omega...i don't believe it. i'm just polite.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison