User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I know this might sound silly from one test, but I'd actually consider ESFP if you haven't already, and notice the difference between valuing Ni and valuing Si. Not saying that you should decide to be an ESFP, but just consider it. I like ESFPs a lot. In socionics they are called my "dual."

No, I have not tried out other venues besides testing the people in engage in my everyday life, and they have all be spot on!
    Identity crisis in 5...4...3...
    At least it's with a type that I like.
    Thanks for the explanation. Maybe my SPness envy is the result of my really being one and not feeling like I can let it all out. My gawd..2...
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

deleted

Maybe quite possibly I added some more to the last post by the way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    So you like questions which have great potential to lead to inaccuracy.
    Well, I like the fact that the test is operating at the function level, rather than just at the letter-by-letter level, because it's something you don't see very often. Of course people can and do use both Ni and Ne or both S and N, but given that tests are designed to put people into certain categories and that, MBTI-theoretically, if you strongly prefer Ne you're using a lot less Ni, it makes sense.

If you think you use Ni and Ne about equally, I don't think any test is going to help you without a fundamental change in the theory itself. Which may be desirable, but I don't think that's really a flaw in this test specifically (barring intermediate options).

Case in point:

Do you tend to delve into the obscurity and mystery of things which gives humorous thought towards potential,
    or do you pay more notice to trends and seeing the likely implications of things which lends toward grasping the underlying concept?

Those two options are not mutually exclusive.
    When I answered it, I said out loud "Great, half of my ability is now missing."

I delve into the mystery of things AND pay attention to trends and implications.
    They are not mutually exclusive.
    Both of them are as natural as breathing for me.
    I have to admit, that was the question I had most difficulty with - I wasn't happy eliminating either option.

Just retook it. Was thinking I was probably too focused on the exotic yesterday.
    92% INFJ
    83% ENFP
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2047/36741803.jpg

deleted

What you could very well do, 2.2, is answer one way, look at your results, and then answer another way, and look at those results. I designed some of these questions to make you think, and make a tough decision, compare yourself to others if you think that way. Someone who values Ni more is certainly able to value Ne, and people aren't by nature keen to a few thought processes and then not to the other ones. There are 14 important questions to consider. I am glad that you are taking this test into consideration.

Your top results were INTP, INTJ, INFJ. What were your bottom results?

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Hah, I knew you were NiTe, TeNi, from reading your posts, Litvyak. I think one of those two types is correct.
    I hate to ask for help on such a lame topic, but seriously - do you have any idea which one is more possible based on this small sample?
    NiTe or TeNi?

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I hate to ask for help on such a lame topic, but seriously - do you have any idea which one is more possible based on this small sample?
    NiTe or TeNi?
    Again, do you recall your bottom results? This is important to consider. You might try retesting. I could ask you one simple question now that we both pretty much think you are NiTe/TeNi:

What order do you relate to the four preferences. Do you relate most to being introverted, then judging, then intuitive, then thinking, for example?

I'd go for judging. Based on this, I'll consider a retest...

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I'd go for judging. Based on this, I'll consider a retest...
    Hah yeah. So Judging, and then what? I'm mainly looking for an order. If judging is your strongest preference, then I would consider ENTJ.

Ah, "what order"... I should go to sleep.

Based on your example:
    Judging -> Thinking -> Introverted -> Intuitive

ETA: Ok, thanks!