• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Interesting 14-Q Typology Test

Jaguar

Well it's a personality preference test. Just think about which one you relate to more, compared to your friends, or whatever. Nobody is going to assume you don't do both

That's exacty what does happen in this forum, every day.
I've seen idiot after idiot, tell Sensors they have no intuition.
Of course people assume you CAN'T DO BOTH.

I've seen others claim people can't use both Ne and Ni.
I've seen others claim people can't use both Se and Si.

We can use ALL of the functions.
Jung encouraged unity of the self, not stark polarity.
And the only reason it appears we have a preference,
is because it is being FORCED upon people.
It's playing a rigged game.

Take out the forced-choice format in all testing,
and people would be eating a lot of crow.

deleted
I definitely agree with you, that there are some people just like this.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
No, there is a certain order your results are listed as. You don't get results based on how you compared to others. It helps in a tie breaker if you look at what the opposite of your lowest score is.
Ok, it makes sense that I got ESFP seeing as INTJ is my lowest score. How does that relate to my being an ENFP though? ESTP was my tied score.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I come out ENTJ in this test, the questions are good IMO, I couldn't predict my result like I usually can with other tests.

deleted
Ok, it makes sense that I got ESFP seeing as INTJ is my lowest score. How does that relate to my being an ENFP though? ESTP was my tied score.

Well getting a result such as ESFP and ESTP over ENFP means you're more of an Ni valuer. You prefer abstract concepts to be obscure, mysterious, and ambiguous rather than having some known underlying theme or concept. You value the inner world abstract more than the outer world abstract. Imagination over real life predictions and possibilities. However ESFPs tend to do both of these things because EPs tend to use both Se and Ne. With Se, you would rather be more aware and pay more attention to what's going on around you and are enlightened by it, and learn and gain sophistication much by first-hand experiencing, rather than the Si valuer who looks to and reflects upon the past and to what is typical and familiar with them and what they are confident in, and they would rather not diverge from something that "works" over experiencing something new. Now ENPs do both of these things, where as ESPs engage more in Se and rely on Ni to fill in the possibilities through imagination and novel impressionism. This is the generality of ENFP vs ESFP preference. Not skills, preferences. I think the main thing here is that you don't value Si.

I come out ENTJ in this test, the questions are good IMO, I couldn't predict my result like I usually can with other tests.

Thank you.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INFJ=75%
ISFJ/INFP/INTJ/INTP=58%
ENFJ/ENTJ/ENFP/ESTJ/ESFJ/ISTP/ISFP=50%
ESFP/ISTJ=42%
ENTP=33%
ESTP=25%

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well getting a result such as ESFP and ESTP over ENFP means you're more of an Ni valuer.
I thought Ni was valued most highly by the INTJ, my opposite on this test.

With Se, you would rather be more aware and pay more attention to what's going on around you and are enlightened by it, and learn and gain sophistication much by first-hand experiencing, rather than the Si valuer who looks to and reflects upon the past and to what is typical and familiar with them and what they are confident in, and they would rather not diverge from something that "works" over experiencing something new.
Ok, totally relate to the bolded, and actually relate entirely to the ESFP description that is the quiz result. But I notice a lot of people are scoring the same type on your test as they are on MBTI, or at least they are scoring the same temperament. I guess therein lies my confusion.

deleted
Well have you considered that you might be an ESFP who uses Ne? It is of my opinion that many ESFPs like to use Ne a lot too, just like many ESFJs like to use both Fe and Te a lot or many INTJs use both Ti and Fi a lot (and these are my impressions of the functions, not the published MBTI version which I don't exactly agree with how they systemize it.) The preference indicates dominance though, so Se over Ne. Your results indicate a value of Se/Ni usage, so that lines up with ESFP, and not ENFP because ENFP is Ne/Si. Reasoning for why people get the same type in this test and the basic MBTI is because I think the 4 preference tests fit with this system, and I was hoping this test would help clarify some differences for some people, such as scoring higher in ENFP for some reason, yet not being a dominant Ne. Or for people who can't decide between INTJ and INTP, realizing from the test that they actually have leading Ti which points to INTJ (or possibly ISTJ).

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well have you considered that you might be an ESFP who uses Ne? It is of my opinion that many ESFPs like to use Ne too, just like many ESFJs like to use both Fe and Te or many INTJs use both Ti and Fi (and these are my impressions of the functions, not the published MBTI version which I don't exactly agree with how they systemize it.) Your results indicate a value of Se/Ni usage, so that lines up with ESFP, and not ENFP because ENFP is Ne/Si.
Ha! No, never considered it. But I love ESXPs, if that counts for anything.:D
I've tested as ENFP for 15 years, on every test, except this one.

Reasoning for why people get the same type in this test and the basic MBTI is because I think the 4 preference tests fit with this system, and I was hoping this test would help clarify some differences for some people, such as scoring higher in ENFP for some reason, yet not being a dominant Ne. Or for people who can't decide between INTJ and INTP, realizing from the test that you actually have leading Ti which points to INTJ.
Very interesting. Have you used the test in other venues aside from this one? have the results been consistent?

deleted
Ha! No, never considered it. But I love ESXPs, if that counts for anything.:D
I've tested as ENFP for 15 years, on every test, except this one.

I know this might sound silly from one test, but I'd actually consider ESFP if you haven't already, and notice the difference between valuing Ni/Se and valuing Si/Ne. Part of Se/Ni valuing is about accepting uncertainty, being quite adaptive and reactive to things as they change, and using your imagination to fill in the blanks instead of looking at the typical past and the probable future. It's saying reality is based on what's out there, and the abstract is what is within, rather than abstract out there and reality being within: kind of a confusing way to put it though. So not saying that you should decide to be an ESFP, but just consider it. I like ESFPs a lot. In socionics they are called my "dual."

Very interesting. Have you used the test in other venues aside from this one? have the results been consistent?

No, I have not tried out other venues besides testing the people who engage in my everyday life, and they have all be spot on! :)

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I know this might sound silly from one test, but I'd actually consider ESFP if you haven't already, and notice the difference between valuing Ni and valuing Si. Not saying that you should decide to be an ESFP, but just consider it. I like ESFPs a lot. In socionics they are called my "dual."

No, I have not tried out other venues besides testing the people in engage in my everyday life, and they have all be spot on! :)
Identity crisis in 5...4...3...;)
At least it's with a type that I like.
Thanks for the explanation. Maybe my SPness envy is the result of my really being one and not feeling like I can let it all out. My gawd..2...:D

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
So you like questions which have great potential to lead to inaccuracy. :doh:
Well, I like the fact that the test is operating at the function level, rather than just at the letter-by-letter level, because it's something you don't see very often. Of course people can and do use both Ni and Ne or both S and N, but given that tests are designed to put people into certain categories and that, MBTI-theoretically, if you strongly prefer Ne you're using a lot less Ni, it makes sense.

If you think you use Ni and Ne about equally, I don't think any test is going to help you without a fundamental change in the theory itself. Which may be desirable, but I don't think that's really a flaw in this test specifically (barring intermediate options).

Case in point:

Do you tend to delve into the obscurity and mystery of things which gives humorous thought towards potential,
or do you pay more notice to trends and seeing the likely implications of things which lends toward grasping the underlying concept?

Those two options are not mutually exclusive.
When I answered it, I said out loud "Great, half of my ability is now missing."

I delve into the mystery of things AND pay attention to trends and implications.
They are not mutually exclusive.
Both of them are as natural as breathing for me.
I have to admit, that was the question I had most difficulty with - I wasn't happy eliminating either option.

deleted
What you could very well do, 2.2, is answer one way, look at your results, and then answer another way, and look at those results. I designed some of these questions to make you think, and make a tough decision, compare yourself to others if you think that way. Someone who values Ni more is certainly able to value Ne, and people aren't by nature keen to a few thought processes and then not to the other ones. There are 14 important questions to consider. I am glad that you are taking this test into consideration.

Your top results were INTP, INTJ, INFJ. What were your bottom results?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah, I knew you were NiTe, TeNi, from reading your posts, Litvyak. I think one of those two types is correct.

I hate to ask for help on such a lame topic, but seriously - do you have any idea which one is more possible based on this small sample?
NiTe or TeNi?

deleted
I hate to ask for help on such a lame topic, but seriously - do you have any idea which one is more possible based on this small sample?
NiTe or TeNi?

Again, do you recall your bottom results? This is important to consider. You might try retesting. I could ask you one simple question now that we both pretty much think you are NiTe/TeNi:

What order do you relate to the four preferences. Do you relate most to being introverted, then judging, then intuitive, then thinking, for example?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd go for judging. Based on this, I'll consider a retest... :)

deleted
I'd go for judging. Based on this, I'll consider a retest... :)

Hah yeah. So Judging, and then what? I'm mainly looking for an order. If judging is your strongest preference, then I would consider ENTJ.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, "what order"... :doh: I should go to sleep.

Based on your example:
Judging -> Thinking -> Introverted -> Intuitive

ETA: Ok, thanks!