User Tag List

12311 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default BBC personality: What Am I Like?

Online test
    BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - What Am I Like?

My results: Big Thinker (kind of ENTP)
    BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - What Am I Like?
    Spontaneous/Ideas/Heads/Extrovert.
    It's one of my recent best-match type, a fitting result.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ha ha, I came out as an INTJ/Mastermind!

The shopping list questions are bogus, unfortunately. Because there are many reasons why someone might have developed a structure to that particular circumstance (i.e., shopping for groceries), but they didn't seem to realize this. Boo!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I got idealist.

The shopping list-->I don't know. Yeah, it's sometimes circumstantial but I answered it like if I had to go to the store for myself. I would have a rough list not detailed like my list looks like this: Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Salad, Fruit, Vegetables, Bread, breakfast pastries, yogurt. stuff for coffee. candy, juice

MBTI
    INTP

Strategist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

The shopping list questions are bogus, unfortunately. Because there are many reasons why someone might have developed a structure to that particular circumstance (i.e., shopping for groceries), but they didn't seem to realize this. Boo!
    You mean having kids and not being Donald Trump?

When I'm on my game, which I haven't been in awhile because I've been grocery shopping online, I will get the coupons and store circular, make a weekly meal plan to take advantage of the best prices, set up my list so that the items are in the order that I like to go through the store in with notations for items I have coupons for and an estimated price for each item. Then I keep track of how much I'm spending as I go through the isles so there are no surprises at the check-out.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    When I'm on my game, which I haven't been in awhile because I've been grocery shopping online, I will get the coupons and store circular, make a weekly meal plan to take advantage of the best prices, set up my list so that the items are in the order that I like to go through the store in with notations for items I have coupons for and an estimated price for each item. Then I keep track of how much I'm spending as I go through the isles so there are no surprises at the check-out.
    omg... And they classed ME as a J in this test??

You are a J goddess, cafe. I am *nowhere* close to the same universe.

My shopping strategy is "broadly directed chaos" -- or maybe "flexible order?" I have a list in my head (and sometimes on paper) of "must have" items. If we chose meals for a week, I would have added items necessary to the menu to this list (and these would be on paper, because they are must-haves based on the menu).

In the store, I'd have a general methodology of moving from one side to the other, with the option to break pattern if something looks interesting. But I would always go back to the point where I left off, so I didn't inadvertently miss something. So there is a general "methodology" so I don't have to remember the details of what I've seen and not seen.

I also would do my pricing in the aisle, and maybe make some purchases on non-list items based on sale pricing. And "mentally juggle" the overall total in my head of what I have spent, or at least "how much I've added to the predetermined list," and return earlier things to the shelf if I found later things I wanted more and could not justify all of it.

So it's logical, but broad and flexible, and focused on the Big Picture, with an effort to capture any "priority" items.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

omg... And they classed ME as a J in this test??

You are a J goddess, cafe. I am *nowhere* close to the same universe.

My shopping strategy is "broadly directed chaos" -- or maybe "flexible order?" I have a list in my head (and sometimes on paper) of "must have" items. If we chose meals for a week, I would have added items necessary to the menu to this list (and these would be on paper, because they are must-haves based on the menu).

In the store, I'd have a general methodology of moving from one side to the other, with the option to break pattern if something looks interesting. But I would always go back to the point where I left off, so I didn't inadvertently miss something. So there is a general "methodology" so I don't have to remember the details of what I've seen and not seen.

I also would do my pricing in the aisle, and maybe make some purchases on non-list items based on sale pricing. And "mentally juggle" the overall total in my head of what I have spent, or at least "how much I've added to the predetermined list," and return earlier things to the shelf if I found later things I wanted more and could not justify all of it.

So it's logical, but broad and flexible, and focused on the Big Picture, with an effort to capture any "priority" items.
    I wish I could do that. Sometimes I can get by with it, but when money was uber-tight and I often had to take all four kids to the grocery store by myself . . . not a lot of room there for thinking on your feet and I'm no good at that anyway. Even with all the planning done ahead of time it could take me two hours to get through the ordeal and I'd be near tears with exhaustion and frustration by the time I had the kids back in their car seats and the groceries in the van.

Now I just log onto the website, make my order, pick Don up from work, go to the service desk, pay the cashier, wait for the guys to get my stuff from the coolers, help Don put the groceries in the van, then let he and the kids bring it all in and put it away.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Strategist, unsurprisingly.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MX5 View Post
    Strategist, unsurprisingly.
    What is the corresponding MBTI type for strategist, if not INTJ? INTP?