• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BBC personality: What Am I Like?

liYA

My result was Mastermind
but I usually get Idealist as a result on other tests....

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
go_getter.gif

Hahaha... heads

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got INTP. This test seems to think Feeling = Lying :steam:

Your answers suggest you are a Strategist

The four aspects that make up this personality type are:
Spontaneous, Ideas, Heads and Introvert

Summary of Strategists
* Quiet, easy-going and intellectually curious
* Use logical, objective thinking to find original solutions to problems
* Think of themselves as bright, logical and individualistic
* May be impractical, forgetting practical issues, such as paying bills or doing the shopping

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got INTP. This test seems to think Feeling = Lying :steam:
That can't be. I'd have gotten Feeling if that were the case -- me and the truth have a flexible relationship at best.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ha ha it said I'm a Mentor i.e. ENFJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ha ha, I came out as an INTJ/Mastermind!

The shopping list questions are bogus, unfortunately. Because there are many reasons why someone might have developed a structure to that particular circumstance (i.e., shopping for groceries), but they didn't seem to realize this. Boo!

Well the reason is obviously that this is one of those Keirsey type tests which measure I/E, N/S,T/F, and J/P without taking the functions into consideration, so some people are going to end up with a different type.

For example, I almost ALWAYS test "J" on Keirsey type tests...and you're right, people could make shopping lists being an ENFP with developed Te/Si, not because they're a Fe/Ni/Se/Ti ENFJ. But just going by the four letters, sure.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, took it again and got INFJ. Typical Keirsey test.

The thing is that you've got to pick one: Keirsey or function theory. They're almost completely incompatible.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTP/Strategist

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
The picture thing was weird.
They actually assumed that people would do only one of the 4 options?!

DoctorYikes

MBTI Type
ISTP
Interestingly different test.

Called me ISTP/Resolver

"Good at getting to the heart of a problem and quickly finding a solution
Make rational decisions using the facts available
Think of themselves as understanding, stable and easy-going
May focus on short-term results and lose sight of the big picture"

Fair 'nuff.

"Resolvers are independent people who quietly learn how things work by analysing large amounts of information. Should a problem arise, they solve it with as little fuss as possible."

This sounds pretty solid.

"Resolvers are only interested in abstract ideas, if they can be used to solve a problem quickly."

Hrm. Not so much -- I have a pretty wide range of reading/study that doesn't necessarily have a practical use.

"Many of them seek jobs and pastimes that put them in harms way and guarantee an adrenaline rush."

Heh, have actually commented about the direction I've taken my career that I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie.

"Resolvers are often tolerant of behaviour different to their own as long as their values aren't compromised. They sometimes give the impression that they agree with other peoples' viewpoints because they don't actively disagree."

I -really- relate to this bit. I think a flip side to that is how often people seem to understand how I can disagree... yet not particularly care. (Also coming to mind is the 'Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't -understand-' theme.)

"In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Resolvers may become cynical, negatively critical or put off decisions. Under extreme stress, Resolvers could be prone to inappropriate, tearful outbursts."

'Tearful' is a bit much... But I can smack on things.

"Resolvers are quiet and sometimes it is difficult to get to know them; however, they often talk freely about subjects they understand well."

'Talk freely' to the 'Who put a quarter in THAT guy?' extent, heh.

I like this one.

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
Resolver

Maybe, except for the adrenaline part and the limited interest in abstract ideas.

yoyo

MBTI Type
xNxP
Strategist - INTP?

The problem was they seemed to think that
Head = speaking your mind
Heart = only caring about what people think of you.

Which I happen to disagree with.

PeaceAndMusic

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Results

Your answers suggest you are a Peacemaker

Summary of Peacemakers

Value personal freedom
Particularly sensitive to the feelings of others
Think of themselves as steady, gentle and sympathetic
Others may mistake their quiet nature for weakness
More about Peacemakers

Peacemakers focus on the present and enjoy helping others in practical ways. They are sensitive to the world around them and take quiet joy from people and nature, particularly animals. Peacemakers value close relationships, but it may take time for others to get to know them.

Peacemakers are the most likely group to say they dislike reading history books, according to a UK survey.

Peacemakers live by a set of personal values, which they work hard to reflect in their everyday life. They would rather support an activity than organise it. When they do find themselves in leadership positions, they observe quietly and lead by example.

In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Peacemakers may withdraw and become self-critical. Under extreme stress, Peacemakers may become even more critical of themselves and others and make harsh judgements about minor issues.

Peacemakers tend to show someone how much they care about them by helping them in a practical way rather than putting their feelings into words.

Peacemaker Careers

Peacemakers are often drawn to jobs that allow them to serve others and require close attention to detail.

It's important to remember that no survey can predict personality type with 100 percent accuracy. Experts say that we should use personality type to better understand ourselves and others, but shouldn't feel restricted by our results.

pmj85

Apparently, I am a 'Big Thinker'.

I'm not sure whether or not the development of my inferior function is dicking with my preferences, though. It's either that, or the emergence of nature over nurture.

:shrug:

LadyMary

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Results
Your answers suggest you are a Nurturer (ISFJ)

Planner, Facts, Hearts and Introvert
Summary of Nurturers

Care for the important people in their lives
Strive for harmony and avoid confrontation
Think of themselves as gentle, conscientious, and mature
May have trouble making decisions that could hurt others

More about Nurturers

Nurturers are quiet people who believe in order and diligently look after the people they care about. They focus on the needs of others and establish routines to help them meet their commitments.

Nurturers are the most likely group to say they prefer a job where the same thing happens every day, according to a UK survey.

Nurturers remember details that are important to them, such as their friends' birthdays and anniversaries. People with this personality type value others' feelings and may challenge behaviour they think is insensitive.

In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Nurturers may feel bitter and seek support by complaining to their colleagues. Under extreme stress, Nurturers may become preoccupied with the worst possible outcome and believe that they are heading for disaster.

Because they are so caring and loyal, Nurturers run the risk of being taken advantage of.
Nurturer Careers

Nurturers are often drawn to jobs that allow them to help others.

It's important to remember that no survey can predict personality type with 100 percent accuracy. Experts say that we should use personality type to better understand ourselves and others, but shouldn't feel restricted by our results.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Idealist (INFP)

This was an ok test compared to many, but as usual the questions in the T/F section seem to be based on the misconceptions that Feeling is all about social harmony and avoiding conflict and that Feelers can't be direct communicators.