MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Why do you consider yourself a xxxP?
    I fail to see how if I picked 'Plan a rough itinerary in advance, leaving some time free' , 'You don't make a list, as you think it's a waste of time', 'Before you start, you check that all the components are there and that you have the tools you will need', 'You put things off till the last minute and are often late', and 'You would notice and it would really bother you' in that test it makes me a 'J'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It said "Strategist." Is this correlated to MBTI? It didn't say anything about that...

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    It said "Strategist." Is this correlated to MBTI? It didn't say anything about that...
    There's one page in front of the test, here..
    BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - What Am I Like?

"It is not a replacement for the full Myers-Briggs Type Indicator questionnaire and the results are not intended to be the psychometric or practical equivalent to MBTI questionnaire results "

MBTI
    INFJ

Counselor
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    There's one page in front of the test, here..
    BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - What Am I Like?

"It is not a replacement for the full Myers-Briggs Type Indicator questionnaire and the results are not intended to be the psychometric or practical equivalent to MBTI questionnaire results "
    Right... but what would Strategist map to in MBTI, approximately? Everyone else seems to have figured it out...

Spontaneous/Planner --- P/J

I tested spontaneous... P? I guess, but that's not what I am.

Ideas/Facts --- N/S

I tested Ideas, N. This one is right.

Head/Heart --- T/F

I tested as Head... T?! What?! That's impossible.

Introvert/Extravert --- I/E

Obvious here... I. That's right too.

Put that together and I get... INTP??

Yikes! No way am I an INTP. Well, I'll just disregard this test. It obviously wasn't testing for any particular functions, and wasn't written according to MBTI, they even admitted that. I certainly don't have inferior Fe. Well, at least they got the INxx part right.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I tested as Head... T?! What?! That's impossible.
    --
    Put that together and I get... INTP??
    --
    Yikes! No way am I an INTP. Well, I'll just disregard this test. It obviously wasn't testing for any particular functions, and wasn't written according to MBTI, they even admitted that. I certainly don't have inferior Fe. Well, at least they got the INxx part right.
    Seems like the factors in this test are somewhat different from what we've used to in MBTI. It's a short test too.

Maybe it should be viewed somewhat independent from MBTI and focus placed on the description of results? Even if so, the strategist description does leave the humanist element out, tho it doesn't say the person couldn't be one. How do you think of the description?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Maybe it should be viewed somewhat independent from MBTI and focus placed on the description of results? Even if so, the strategist description does leave the humanist element out, tho it doesn't say the person couldn't be one. How do you think of the description?
    Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC -- Strategist
    Strategists are quiet people who like to get to the heart of tough problems on their own and come up with innovative solutions. They analyze situations with a skeptical eye and develop ways of measuring everything, including themselves.

Strategists are generally easy-going. They are intellectually curious and enjoy abstract ideas. Sometimes they like thinking of a solution to a problem more than taking practical steps to solve it.

In situations where they can't use their talents, are unappreciated, or not taken seriously, Strategists may become negatively critical or sarcastic. Under extreme stress, Strategists could be prone to inappropriate, tearful or angry outbursts.

Strategists may be insensitive to the emotional needs of others or how their behavior impacts the people around them.
    Actually... that's close to right. Except for the bold statement. I am sometimes unaware of how my behavior will impact the people around me, especially if I'm under stress/angry. I wouldn't say that I'm insensitive to their needs, however. I care what other people need/want, and accommodate that as far I as I consider it reasonable to do so. Also, I'm definitely not an easy-going person.

There were quite a few misspelled words in the original description, but I corrected them for readability. Didn't they have a proofreader? Or maybe it was British spelling. Oh, well.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm a Nurturer. It saids I'm a Facts person and the description is not what I am at all. I had a hard time deciding between some of the options. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive. I do both things (two of the four) and couldn't hardly decide.

So maybe what I really am is indecisive.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9