MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default Mothering Style and MBTI Type

MotherStyles - Using Personality Type to Discover Your Parenting Strengths

I guess it could match with fathers too, so:

Your type is: istp —The “Give 'Em Their Space” Mother

“My feelings are my own business. Not theirs.
    So I honor their privacy too.”

Non-intrusive and respectful of differences, the ISTP mother gives her children the personal space they need to develop as separate, self-sufficient individuals. As children grow and mature, she enjoys observing how each one becomes his or her own person. She seeks to accept and honor each child’s interests, opinions, and choices.
    The ISTP mother does not believe in authority or control for its own sake. Instead, she favors a non-directive approach. Yet she has high expectations for each child’s self-discipline as a key to self sufficiency.
    To these ends, the ISTP mother wants to “be there” for her children—to meet their basic needs and keep them safe. Her goal is to help her children think for themselves and take responsibility for their own actions.

Seems accurate.

MBTI
    TOTO

heck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh summer

I mean, yeah that sounds right.

probably for both mother and father.

how about 'mbti parenting style'?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Shocking...

Your type is: intp —The “Love of Learning” Mother

“I keep the encyclopedia in the kitchen so we can look up things together while we eat.”

* Intellectually curious and patient, the INTP mother relishes those times with a child when they are learning something interesting together. Whether they’re at the zoo or computer terminal, she sparks to answering his or her “whys” with in-depth responses or new knowledge.

* The INTP mother is also objective and introspective. She listens to and discusses children’s ideas and questions as she would those of a peer, fostering self-esteem and confidence. Open and non-directive, she allows children the freedom to do for themselves and quietly encourages them to believe they can do it.

* Independence, autonomy, intellectual development, and self-reliance are probably the INTP’s highest priorities for her children. An avid reader, she naturally imparts an appreciation and love of reading as well.

* Drawn to all types of learning, the INTP may also value her mothering experience for all the new insights about life it provides her.
    Actually pretty much verbatim my style...

For kicks, I looked at INFP... no dice.
    I identified more with the INFJ when I looked at that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Phantonym

I'd be a great mom

INFJ - The “Know Thyself” Mother

“I believe the joy of motherhood is self-discovery—for them and for me.”

# Sensitive and family-focused, the INFJ mother looks for and encourages the unique potential of each child. Self-knowledge may be her byword. Her aim is to help each child develop a sense of identity and cultivate personal growth. In fact, she may value the mothering experience as a catalyst to her own personal growth and self-knowledge.

# The INFJ mother spends time observing and understanding each child. She is drawn to intimate conversations and seeks a free exchange of feelings and thoughts.

# Sympathetic and accommodating, the INFJ mother strives to meet the important yet sometimes conflicting needs of each family member in harmonious and creative ways

# She is conscientious and intense as well. Probably no one takes life and child-raising more seriously than the INFJ. She approaches mothering as a profession requiring her best self.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Your type is: INTP - The “Love of Learning” Mother

“I keep the encyclopedia in the kitchen so we can look up things together while we eat.”

* Intellectually curious and patient, the INTP mother relishes those times with a child when they are learning something interesting together. Whether they’re at the zoo or computer terminal, she sparks to answering his or her “whys” with in-depth responses or new knowledge.

* The INTP mother is also objective and introspective. She listens to and discusses children’s ideas and questions as she would those of a peer, fostering self-esteem and confidence. Open and non-directive, she allows children the freedom to do for themselves and quietly encourages them to believe they can do it.

* Independence, autonomy, intellectual development, and self-reliance are probably the INTP’s highest priorities for her children. An avid reader, she naturally imparts an appreciation and love of reading as well.

* Drawn to all types of learning, the INTP may also value her mothering experience for all the new insights about life it provides her.
    I can't stand structuring my child's life. I think that may be a response to living in a strict SJ authoritarian home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Your type is: istp —The “Give 'Em Their Space” Mother

“My feelings are my own business. Not theirs.
    So I honor their privacy too.”

Non-intrusive and respectful of differences, the ISTP mother gives her children the personal space they need to develop as separate, self-sufficient individuals. As children grow and mature, she enjoys observing how each one becomes his or her own person. She seeks to accept and honor each child’s interests, opinions, and choices.

The ISTP mother does not believe in authority or control for its own sake. Instead, she favors a non-directive approach. Yet she has high expectations for each child’s self-discipline as a key to self sufficiency.

To these ends, the ISTP mother wants to “be there” for her children—to meet their basic needs and keep them safe. Her goal is to help her children think for themselves and take responsibility for their own actions.

Seems accurate.
    Love this result.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If this thing is dead accurate (and of course, it can't be), my mom is not an INFP.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I can't stand structuring my child's life. I think that may be a response to living in a strict SJ authoritarian home.
    It could be. That sort of stuff can create a repelling action.

I know I just hate forcing kids into particular channels. It just seems so much better to see what is in them and encourage them to explore as they go and help them get to wherever they are naturally inclined to go.

I had a teacher in high school who was very P. One day I brought in a Happy Meal Toy, a little car that you could draw backwards on the ground, then let go and it would drive around. Me and a boy in my class and my teacher spent most of the period taking it apart to figure out how it worked, because we were curious. My teacher put everyone else in study hall.

At the time I thought he was such a dork. Now I see that my teacher was very similar, it was very much about seeing where the students wanted to go and helping them work through whatever they were exploring on their own cognizance. There is a notable lack of desire to exert control over others, it's more of an "enabling" process.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think I'm an ISTP/INFJ hybrid mother. I don't have the energy to full-on INFJ mother four kids and I'm too squishy to full-on ISTP mother.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    TOTO

I wish they'd show the neg side.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by slant View Post
    I wish they'd show the neg side.
    Yes. And as is typical of type profiles, much of the descriptions are inclusive to the point of being meaningless.
    Go to sleep, iguana.