Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by slant View Post
    I wish they'd show the neg side.
    But mothers are always perfect!!

Well, INTP moms can:
    * be detached emotionally and not provide enough reassurance to their kids on that emotional level.
    * be tough with their kids -- expecting them to take care of themselves and not be wiped out by their emotions. SOme kids can do that. Other kids feel abandoned, I am sure.
    * get caught up in the impersonal, rather than the personal.
    * need a lot of alone time.
    * not plan well enough to make sure their kids get all the opportunities that might be afforded them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

LOL, yep I'm the nurturing INFP mom but blended with some of that ENFP mom too.

I loved being able to go to kids movies, be silly and etc. and have it all blend in to parenting.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Your type is: enfp The Kids R Fun Mother

Whatever I enjoyplaying tag or singing in the carI can do it with kids around. And its totally legitimate!

Playful and energetic, the ENFP mother finds her children to be good company and enjoys being with them. In fact, she says being with children justifies her own being a kid again. And children say shes fun to be with spontaneous, hearty, and imaginative.
    Naturally drawn to introducing her children to the joys of life, the ENFP is something of a free spirit. She is less concerned with rules, routines, and schedules, and more inclined to give her children plenty of free time to play, explore on their own or with her, and have fun together.
    Tuned in to her children, the ENFP mother enthusiastically encourages each ones individuality and unique potential through a great variety of experiences. She is also quick to identify with others feelings and thoughts, making her an empathetic supporter of her children, not to mention her mate and many, many friends.
    This is definitely me (not that I have kids or anything). I guess this is reflective of my extroverted introvert quality. Sometime I think I'm not quiet enough to be an INFP

I am much more like the ISTP style than the ISFP style in those descriptions.
    The ISFP description is way too passive.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Your type is: enfp The Kids R Fun Mother

Whatever I enjoyplaying tag or singing in the carI can do it with kids around. And its totally legitimate!

Playful and energetic, the ENFP mother finds her children to be good company and enjoys being with them. In fact, she says being with children justifies her own being a kid again. And children say shes fun to be with spontaneous, hearty, and imaginative.
    Naturally drawn to introducing her children to the joys of life, the ENFP is something of a free spirit. She is less concerned with rules, routines, and schedules, and more inclined to give her children plenty of free time to play, explore on their own or with her, and have fun together.
    Tuned in to her children, the ENFP mother enthusiastically encourages each ones individuality and unique potential through a great variety of experiences. She is also quick to identify with others feelings and thoughts, making her an empathetic supporter of her children, not to mention her mate and many, many friends.
    I get along better with kids than adults. I love playing with my kids and experiencing life with them. Sometimes life gets me distracted and busy and I hate getting in ruts where I'm not paying the attention I should.

My 11 year old told me I'm the coolest mom today. At least I got "cool" at some point in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I get along better with kids than adults. I love playing with my kids and experiencing life with them. Sometimes life gets me distracted and busy and I hate getting in ruts where I'm not paying the attention I should.

My 11 year old told me I'm the coolest mom today. At least I got "cool" at some point in my life!
    If you remember that adults are kids with better excuses they're easier to get along with.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've actually been analyzing it trying to figure out why I feel like that.

Kids are more open and they experience life more directly.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Actually, I like kids more than adults too. Whenever there's a family gathering or whatever, I always seem to end up playing with the kids. I'm sure there are lots of good reasons why but I guess I feel like kids are just more alive - they're full of enthusiasm, awe and joy. Adults just seem boring by comparison, sitting there talking about inane crap.

I have started to feel a bit self-conscious about it lately. I feel like I should grow up and start talking about the new lounge suite someone bought or the affair that the brother of the guy who used to work with my mum's friend had (even though I have no idea who he is) - but I really don't want to

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTJ

Congratulations! Based on your answers to this quiz, you are:
    INTJ – The "Individual Integrity" Mother
    (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)

Individualistic and independent, the INTJ mother is both a role model and teacher of how to be an individual and live life with integrity. She is introspective, defining her own success from within, and generally confident in her decisions. She is unlikely to be persuaded by her children saying, "But all the other mothers are doing it." The INTJ is competent in providing for her children's basic needs, but she is likely more focused on developing their self-esteem and confidence. Observant and insightful, she puts great importance on independent thinking and self-sufficiency, yet she is comfortable providing protection and boundaries.
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour

~William Blake

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    ~Albert Einstein