User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 76

  1. #51
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    71% Agape
    68% Eros
    61% Ludus

    54% Storge
    46% Pragma
    43% Mania

    Translation: My attention is on you right now because you really turn me on, but my eye can wander so we might end up friends since it's a crazy world out there and I don't want to be forced to kill you.

    by comparison, I don't have much love of any style to give. you guys are testing in the 100, 90 & 80 percentile, I've got C - love; barely passing for love.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  2. #52
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,368

    Default

    Update
    86% Eros, 36% Ludus, 82% Storge, 18% Pragma, 57% Mania, 75% Agape
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  3. #53
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    How has almost every single person on this thread scored high for eros?

  4. #54
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    89% Storge friendship
    82% Eros passion
    82% Pragma practical
    54% Ludus game playing
    46% Mania possessive, dependent
    29% Agape selfless

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    How has almost every single person on this thread scored high for eros?
    Because it's important? It differentiates romantic love from friendship? (As in it's necessary but not sufficient.)

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I scored equally high on Eros and Storge.

    I think this says it all, even 3 1/2 years later. I could have told you this answer without even checking this post.

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Whoops, no my storge has actually sky-rocketed as I've matured.

    Storge 96%
    Eros 75%
    Mania 75%

    I think this may be because I realized more with each passing year that any love based entirely on Eros is either childish or mental.

    Eros isn't love, it's infatuation or limerence. I think Eros is definitely NECESSARY FOR MOST PEOPLE WHO IDENTIFY AS SEXUAL. Eros is an aspect of relationships for most healthy, normal adults; it's part of the reason why a homosexual can't force themselves to be heterosexual and vice versa.

    Either the chemistry is there or its not, and a satisfying sex life is part of a healthy relationship.

    PART. PART. PART. PART.

    For me the ideal relationship looks like "friends with benefits" but that's not true, and that's probably why my Mania score is high, because I expect a certain level of commitment and feel possessive or jealous feelings.

    I just think any relationship that lasts also has to be a friendship. Has to.

    Agape 61%
    Ludus 57%
    Pragma 29%


    The Storge lover is someone who builds a love relationship on a strong base of friendship. The goal is: A companionable, secure, trusting relationship with a partner who is similar in terms of attitudes and values. This similarity is much more important to Storge than physical appearance or sexual satisfaction because this orientation to love is more likely to seek long-term commitment rather than short-term excitement. (S. Hendrick & Hendrick, 1992, p. 65)
    Storgic lovers are friends first. Storgic love develops gradually out of friendship, and the friendship can endure beyond the breakup of the relationship. Storgic lovers choose their mates based on homogamy, and sometimes cannot pinpoint the moment that friendship turned to love. Storgic lovers want their significant others to also be their best friends.
    Storgic lovers place much importance on commitment, and find their motivation to avoid committing infidelity is to preserve the trust between the partners. Children and marriage are seen as legitimate forms of their bond. Sex is of lesser importance than in some of the other love styles.

    The advantage of storgic love is the level of intimacy between the partners. The disadvantage is boredom and lack of passion.
    *
    75% Eros, 57% Ludus, 96% Storge, 29% Pragma, 75% Mania, 61% Agape

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    How has almost every single person on this thread scored high for eros?
    Apparently not a lot of asexuals on this forum.

  8. #58
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    89% Storge friendship
    82% Eros passion
    82% Pragma practical
    54% Ludus game playing
    46% Mania possessive, dependent
    29% Agape selfless



    Because it's important? It differentiates romantic love from friendship? (As in it's necessary but not sufficient.)
    No, but I took this same test in a college classroom and only 1 other person besides myself tested high for eros.

  9. #59
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    No, but I took this same test in a college classroom and only 1 other person besides myself tested high for eros.
    Really? Are you sure it wasn't a far more complex and "official" version of the test then? Only one other person? I find that hard to believe, especially amongst college-aged individuals.

    I tend to see Eros and Ludus as the most sexualized version of love, with Eros being romantic/committed sexual love and Ludus being a very no-strings-attached form of sexual love.

    I would think that most people if they weren't asexual would have one or both somewhere near the top, even if it wasn't their main priority.

  10. #60
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Really? Are you sure it wasn't a far more complex and "official" version of the test then? Only one other person? I find that hard to believe, especially amongst college-aged individuals.

    I tend to see Eros and Ludus as the most sexualized version of love, with Eros being romantic/committed sexual love and Ludus being a very no-strings-attached form of sexual love.

    I would think that most people if they weren't asexual would have one or both somewhere near the top, even if it wasn't their main priority.
    Yes, it was a much more advanced version of the test.

Similar Threads

  1. Learning Styles Test
    By Jaguar in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 06:38 AM
  2. Love Languages Test
    By lane777 in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 09-21-2017, 03:14 AM
  3. InQ Thinking Styles Test-- Harrison and Bramson
    By Jaguar in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 06:27 PM
  4. Communication Style Tests
    By Synapse in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:31 AM
  5. The Lover Profile Style Test (okcupid)
    By highlander in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 01:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO