• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facebook MBTI and type confusion. Rarr.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lmao .. Meh .. P

ENFP (Extraversion, iNtuition, Feeling, Perception)!

Synthetic Darkness

I just took the quiz that Lady X posted and got ESFJ...honestly and my mom who's an INFJ got ESTP. So I retook the test with the exact same answers and got ENFP...er...shouldn't I have gotten ESFJ again? It just seems to be spitting out random answers no matter what questions you choose. And so just for the fun of it I choose the opposite answer for each question (so question number one asked if I would rather be a senator or a scientist I choose scientist before so now I chose senator) I ended up with ENTP.

...no further comments. =/

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
heh. wow.

Yeah, it totally just gave me ENFP. That test sucks even worse than others.

I'm about to make a Keirsey test.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Self-reporting tests are annoying like that. A good test tricks you into giving an accurate description, rather than rely on your muddled self-image.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made a thread in the NF section about people testing as types they find attractive (not just romantically attractive, but those who posses qualities they wish they did). I suspect that happens a lot with MBTI, especially poorly written tests.

I think the facebook MBTI tests are crap too. I would've tested INTP if I didn't know how to test to get the "right" results....

The facebook test has the typical flaw of equating
I= needs down time
E= likes to socialize constantly
S= boring, shallow and conventional person
N= deep thinking, interesting, unconventional person
T sometimes = vague introverted judging, so could be Fi
F= Fe, emotionally demonstrative, concerned w/group harmony
P= being disorganized, spontaneous
J= being organized, planning everything

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Are you guys talking about The Big Five test? The estimate for your type there is based on your Big Five results. They assume that there's a direct relationship between Openness and intuition, Conscientiousness and judging, and Agreeableness and feeling. My friend who tested as ENTJ on another test got ENFJ on this one because of her high agreeableness rating.

Strawberrylover said:
One of my friends who is such a flaming ESTJ actually came out INFP on the Facebook test. INFP? INFP??!!! Argh.

Haha, that happened to me once too. It was because I had confused the "agree" and "disagree" columns.

G

garbage

Are you guys talking about The Big Five test? The estimate for your type there is based on your Big Five results. They assume that there's a direct relationship between Openness and intuition, Conscientiousness and judging, and Agreeableness and feeling. My friend who tested as ENTJ on another test got ENFJ on this one because of her high agreeableness rating.

I tested ENFJ on that one, too, because of high conscientiousness and agreeableness. The fact that there's a correlation between Big Five traits and MBTI dichotomies doesn't mean that one dictates the other, and, unfortunately, I think that test forgets that.

I thought the test that everyone was talking about here was this one.. I tested ENFP. One of the most stereotypical ENTP personalities I know got ESTJ on it, and over half of my friends' results are ENFJ :doh:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that facebook MB quiz is a bit grating. Many of my friends now feel confident with types which I don't agree as being suitable for them, and it's left me with the task of reminding myself of all the reasons why it shouldn't bother me. It's a petty annoyance, but an annoyance none-the-less.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
So far, eighteen of my friends (not including me) have taken that quiz on Facebook. For every single person, the test results have been within one letter of what I would have guessed, with more being spot on than one letter off. It also got my type correct, but that may be because I knew what to answer to get my desired type.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Facebook has updated and fixed their MyType (MBTI) App scoring system.

It's now one of the most accurate on the internet.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
The latest one that's making the rounds on Facebook seems pretty accurate. I got ENTP and my gf got INFJ, which is spot on. It seemed to type most of my friends accurately too, though there were a few surprises. Not sure if this was the test or my personal assessment of what type I thought they'd be. I've been wrong before. . .

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I took the test about a week back and got ENFJ. That's pretty bad. The questions sucked, and I don't think the default Facebook multiple-choice format works very well with Jung/Myers-Briggs anyway.

Am I talking about the same Facebook quiz?

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
So far, eighteen of my friends (not including me) have taken that quiz on Facebook. For every single person, the test results have been within one letter of what I would have guessed, with more being spot on than one letter off. It also got my type correct, but that may be because I knew what to answer to get my desired type.

Whoops! I just noticed there are two Facebook MBTI apps that at one point had nearly the same profile picture. The one that's being discussed in this thread (i.e. the one Lady X posted) is bogus. This one is good.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So far me and 17 of my friends have taken the test Laughingebony just posted and it's spot on in all but one who is an IxFJ and it typed her INTJ. Otherwise, not one error in what I would type them as, even the people who had never taken it before. I'm saying that to account for those that may know how to manipulate the results.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Yayyyyy. It really works. ;)

ESFJ (Extraversion, Sensing, Feeling, Judgment)
You are warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. You want harmony in your environment, and work with determination to establish it. You like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. You are loyal and follow through even in small matters. You notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. You want to be appreciated for who you are and for what you contribute.