• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology | gamerDNA

I got EASK, Explorer 60%, Achiever 60%, Socializer 40%, Killer 40%, and it named me Explorer.

Main and secondary type, both at 60% strength:
Description:

It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.
* Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.
3rd and 4th at 40%:

* Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.
* Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.

The test gives just 1 question at a time, but the test completed quickly anyway.

P

Phantonym

I'm an Explorer as well.

Explorer 73%; Achiever 60%; Socializer 53%; Killer 13%

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
There's total of 6 quizzes at the site, all of which combine to make a more detailed gaming profile. It's seen on the right in the test results. I did two tests as a guest on different browsers, so of course the results didn't save :(

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an ASEK :D ~The Achiever~

A--> 67%
S--> 53%
E--> 47%
K--> 33%

Achiever Socializers appreciate groups, clans or guilds for than just pure social fun. An AS relishes the camaraderie of cooperation within a top flight team, savoring the renown gained from successfully pitting themselves against the grand-challenges of a virtual world and attaining goals that cannot be reached as an individual.

cool test :nice:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Explorer

Explorer 93%, Achiever 60%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

The Explorer motto: "No stone unturned!"

Description:

It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.

Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.

By the way, Santtu... did you know you can create a profile on there so it will save your results?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you enjoyed this test, you might enjoy the survey studies and resources done by Nick Yee at his now defunct site Daedalus.

I first learned about the Bartle scores from him.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Achiever

Achiever: 67%; Killer: 60%; Explorer 53%; Socializer 20%

Achiever Killers like to be the best-of-the-best at everything the game has to offer including PvP. They often mock Killer tactics such as surprise and stealth as "ganking" because they prefer a more controlled arena where fighting skills can be compared in a straight forward manner. Achievers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics because of this. Their prowess in PVP is generally supported by a large degree of understanding and possession of the best equipment and skills.

I think that's pretty accurate.

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow, I'm the first psychopath? Neat!

K: 80
E: 60
A: 33
S: 27

thingy said:
The Killer motto: "No enemy left standing!" Description:

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.

This only sounds a little like me. I don't gank, for example...no sport. But I bloody well will use dolphin diving, bunny hopping, or any other exploit technique I can lay hands on.

secondary thingy said:
Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.

Now -that- sounds like me. Funny that in a game I'm a ruthless, selfish, spiteful piece of crap, when in reality I'm pretty much the opposite.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Anyone here actually played an MMO? I'm pretty sure Socializer scores will be lower in those who actually play MMOs.

Achiever - 85% Explorer - 73% Killer - 40% Socializer - 7%

Your gamerDNA is:
Achiever
Result Signature Get This Signature
The Achiever motto: "No goal unfinished!" Description:

Best, first and most are the favorite adjectives of the Achiever. They love comparison not only against others, but also with themselves. They enjoy setting goals, surpassing previous performances and hitting new milestones. They tend to have lots of high scores, badges, trophies and other concrete evidence of their successful endeavors--and they love it if someone notices these. However many enjoy the quiet satisfaction of knowing they simply did better than most.

* Achiever Explorers are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic. AEs prefer not to be hampered by a group and usually find PvP to be more an annoyance than a feature.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Killer-Explorer, pretty even split.

"Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches."

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Killer

K 73 E 60 A 40 S 27

The Killer motto:

"No enemy left standing!"
Description:

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.

Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches

FPS style

92 R 8C

Your gamerDNA is:
Recon

The Recon motto:

"Always one step ahead of the game"
Description:

Forget the front line -- you're *behind* enemy lines... or perhaps lurking in the dark corners waiting to strike when least expected. Crafty, nimble, or just FAST, your place in a team is to be right where the enemy least suspects -- sneaking or scouting behind enemy lines. Sneaking up behind their commander or best warrior for a surprise kill at the most opportune moment or simply spreading chaos by distracting the enemy at just the right time.