User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology

Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology | gamerDNA

I got EASK, Explorer 60%, Achiever 60%, Socializer 40%, Killer 40%, and it named me Explorer.

Main and secondary type, both at 60% strength:
    Description:

It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.
    * Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.
    3rd and 4th at 40%:

* Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.
    * Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.
    The test gives just 1 question at a time, but the test completed quickly anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phantonym

I'm an Explorer as well.

Explorer 73%; Achiever 60%; Socializer 53%; Killer 13%

MBTI
    ENTJ

There's total of 6 quizzes at the site, all of which combine to make a more detailed gaming profile. It's seen on the right in the test results. I did two tests as a guest on different browsers, so of course the results didn't save
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'm an ASEK ~The Achiever~

A--> 67%
    S--> 53%
    E--> 47%
    K--> 33%

Achiever Socializers appreciate groups, clans or guilds for than just pure social fun. An AS relishes the camaraderie of cooperation within a top flight team, savoring the renown gained from successfully pitting themselves against the grand-challenges of a virtual world and attaining goals that cannot be reached as an individual.
    cool test
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Explorer

Explorer 93%, Achiever 60%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

The Explorer motto: "No stone unturned!"

Description:

It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.

Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.

By the way, Santtu... did you know you can create a profile on there so it will save your results?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, I didn't care about it until I found out there were 2 tests I liked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If you enjoyed this test, you might enjoy the survey studies and resources done by Nick Yee at his now defunct site Daedalus.

I first learned about the Bartle scores from him.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xxxx

Achiever

Achiever: 67%; Killer: 60%; Explorer 53%; Socializer 20%

Achiever Killers like to be the best-of-the-best at everything the game has to offer including PvP. They often mock Killer tactics such as surprise and stealth as "ganking" because they prefer a more controlled arena where fighting skills can be compared in a straight forward manner. Achievers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics because of this. Their prowess in PVP is generally supported by a large degree of understanding and possession of the best equipment and skills.

I think that's pretty accurate.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP

Wow, I'm the first psychopath? Neat!

K: 80
    E: 60
    A: 33
    S: 27

Quote Originally Posted by thingy
    The Killer motto: "No enemy left standing!" Description:

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.
    This only sounds a little like me. I don't gank, for example...no sport. But I bloody well will use dolphin diving, bunny hopping, or any other exploit technique I can lay hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by secondary thingy
    Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.
    Now -that- sounds like me. Funny that in a game I'm a ruthless, selfish, spiteful piece of crap, when in reality I'm pretty much the opposite.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Anyone here actually played an MMO? I'm pretty sure Socializer scores will be lower in those who actually play MMOs.

Achiever - 85% Explorer - 73% Killer - 40% Socializer - 7%

Your gamerDNA is:
    Achiever
    Result Signature Get This Signature
    The Achiever motto: "No goal unfinished!" Description:

Best, first and most are the favorite adjectives of the Achiever. They love comparison not only against others, but also with themselves. They enjoy setting goals, surpassing previous performances and hitting new milestones. They tend to have lots of high scores, badges, trophies and other concrete evidence of their successful endeavors--and they love it if someone notices these. However many enjoy the quiet satisfaction of knowing they simply did better than most.

* Achiever Explorers are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic. AEs prefer not to be hampered by a group and usually find PvP to be more an annoyance than a feature.