• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PersonalDNA

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cautious Thinker.

I really liked how they separated the Openness trait from the Imaginative/Earthy trait, because very simply, a lack of openness is often because of imagination.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I really liked how they separated the Openness trait from the Imaginative/Earthy trait, because very simply, a lack of openness is often because of imagination.

I also wondered what the difference between Openness and Imaginative/Earthy was. I like that they're separated also. Maybe openness is Se and Earthy/Imaginative is N?

Openness: Your degree of openness to new experiences.

Imaginative/Earthy: Your preference for concrete or abstract things. Low means you prefer abstract, theoretical things. High means you prefer detail-oriented, practical things.

Do you mean that lack of openness is because of someone relying on their own imagination?

I try to swing towards the middle of questions that I can recognize as S/N.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also wondered what the difference between Openness and Imaginative/Earthy was. I like that they're separated also. Maybe openness is Se and Earthy/Imaginative is N?

Do you mean that lack of openness is because of someone relying on their own imagination?

I try to swing towards the middle of questions that I can recognize as S/N.

Well, I think Openness is Se or Ne, Earthy is Se or Si, and Imaginative is Ne or Ni.

And yes, I think a lack of openness could be, but not necessarily, because of a vivid imagination if you're ruled by an Ni function, but it could also be because of Si, simply because those two functions are cautious for their own reasons.

Ni can shy away from new experiences because they may have a picture in their minds of either what could go right or what could go wrong -- if you're more skeptical in your thinking, then Ni will be less open to experience. Specifically, this could intensify with Ni and Te preference, since Thinking is often more skeptical.

But a desire for habit is beneficial for both Ni and Si. For example, my need to have things a certain way helps me drift into creative thought.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

Playing around with the test, I think that;

Open = openness to new ideas and experiences (ie: the food questions)
Creative = imaginative and abstract thinking (ie: the abstract questions)

Neither should apply to Ne over Ni or Se over Si - most of that is held in Spontaneity and authoritarianism.

Most notable about the test is that they are testing sub-traits that are normally correlated together, it won't fit into MBTI - or any model that it wasn't derived from for that matter. Makes it pretty interesting overall. :nice:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, imaginative and abstract thinking seems to directly correlate to N.

Openness and spontaneity are obviously P.

Upon further common sense investigation, these two traits are ultimately nothing alike.

I like this PersonalDNA test's arrangement better.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Um, imaginative and abstract thinking seems to directly correlate to N.

Openness and spontaneity are obviously P.

Based upon...?

If you are talking about how this test was derived, openness, imaginative and abstract all come from the "FFM" equivalent grouping of "Openness", verbatim. MBTI doesn't measure openness directly - at least, not as a sub-factor... but the correlation is to N long before P (~.65 to .30 give or take a bit depending on the study).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based upon...?

If you are talking about how this test was derived, openness, imaginative and abstract all come from the "FFM" equivalent grouping of "Openness", verbatim. MBTI doesn't measure openness directly - at least, not as a sub-factor... but the correlation is to N long before P (~.65 to .30 give or take a bit depending on the study).

Sorry if I sounded like a smart ass back there -- wasn't my intention.

I thought that Openness is more related to willingness to learn about abstract ideas.

My openness is more of an intellectual sort. My interests are definitely more abstract than practical.

But when trying new foods and physical things like that, I'm more cautious. It's not that I don't want to try the food, but it's the possibility that I may not like it, especially if I'm the one paying for it. On the other hand, if it's at an all-you-can-eat buffet, I'm extremely open.

And another thing, where do you draw the line between the arts and entertainment? I'm extremely interested in movies, and I really don't see them as any less of an art form than painting. And I also do thorough research in films and watch them for intellectual and creative inspiration, while the entertainment is usually secondary.

I suppose I'm thinking that Openness in FFM refers more to intellectual openness rather than experiential openness. Because the way I see it, it seems that SPs are also open to new experiences.

The Unknown Essence

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know most of you guys have probably come across the PersonalDNA test before, but I would be interested to see whether any of you get results that are significantly different from your MBTI type.

I got "Reserved Idealist", which is somewhat close to INTP. Here are my results:

PersonalDNA | Your True Self Revealed - Fast Fun Free Personality Tests

Take the test yourself and see if your results are similar to your MBTI.

Arandur

MBTI Type
INTJ
I took this test because they have a thingy on facebook for it and it looked fascinating.

I'm a Cautious Analyst.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ahh i did this on facebook, i was a "generous creator"