• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PersonalDNA

MerkW

According to this I am a Reserved Inventor.

Cautious Thinker.

I really liked how they separated the Openness trait from the Imaginative/Earthy trait, because very simply, a lack of openness is often because of imagination.

Yes, I like feature this too. Autists, for example, live deep in their own worlds. If they keep a steady routine, then there is no need to come out of their imaginary world. However, if someone disrupts their routine, they respond very negatively, because this unpredictability in the external world has resulted in them having to step into the chaotic outer world, when they would much rather prefer to stay in their own perfect world.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
re-did this, last time reserved leader in september.
Now.. You are an Animated Director!

I'm more ES than then..

Confidence
Low High
Openness
Low High
Extroversion
Low High
Empathy
Low High
12 (I think I have a technical near-equivalent to empathy.. I believe what people say about decent behavior and try to follow that and not to be a total ass.. )
Trust in others
Low High
68 (recovering from feelings of betrayal quite well here, good me!)
Agency
Low High
Masculinity
Low High
Femininity
Low High
6 (femininity up from 1 that was last time)
Spontaneity
Low High
Attention to style
Low High
26 (I hated the style/function questions.. I would have always wanted to choose both, and to dismiss some other functions, like cost. )
Authoritarianism
Low High
Earthy/Imaginative
Imaginative Earthy
Aesthetic/Functional
Functional Aesthetic

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
advocating creator

You are a Creator
Your imagination, confidence, willingness to explore, and appreciation of beauty make you a CREATOR. You are independent, and you enjoy your self-sufficiency. Defying convention, you are very innovative, and you have a vivid imagination. The look of things is important to you, and you have a keen eye for aesthetic beauty in multiple arenas. You have a strong interest in what is new and exciting—and that includes forging ahead with new ideas, not simply discovering what is already out there. Your eagerness to seek new and varied experiences leads you into many different situations. You're not set on one way of doing things, and you are creative when it comes to finding novel solutions to complex problems. You trust yourself to be innovative and resourceful. Your confidence allows you to take your general awareness and channel it into creativity. You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well. Your sense of adventure is supreme - you're up for anything, anytime. Making plans in advance isn't necessary for you: you'd rather figure things out on the go. The control you feel over your life is empowering to you-- you believe in your abilities and acknowledge your shortcomings. Explanations of the world that focus on destiny or fate don't really interest you. You take responsibility for what goes wrong in your life, and also for what goes well.

If you want to be different:
Appreciate the earthly, practical elements of things—there is beauty in form as well. While you are good at thinking abstractly, focusing on details a bit more may help you discover things about the world.

You are advocating
Being social, empathic, and understanding makes you ADVOCATING. Some people find being around others exhausting—but not you! You are energized by spending time with friends, and you are good at meeting new people. One of the reasons you enjoy conversation as much as you do is that you often learn about yourself while talking things out with a friend; you realize things about your own beliefs while discussing them with others. You have insight into what others are thinking and feeling. This ability allows you to be happy for others, and to commiserate when something has gone wrong for them. You are highly compassionate, and being conscious of how things affect those close to you leaves you cautious about trusting others too hastily. Despite these reservations, you are open-minded when it comes to your worldview; you don't look to impose your ways on others. Your sensitivity towards others' plights contributes to an understanding—both intellectual and emotional—of many different perspectives. As someone who understands the complexities of the world around you, you are reluctant to pass judgments.

While it's important to think about others, don't forget to take some time for yourself, and occassionally to put yourself first. Take some time to spend with a few close friends; although it's difficult to find people to trust, it's worth the effort. When you have great ideas, it can be hard to relinquish control, but it can also feel good to take the pressure off and enjoy someone else leading the way.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My Profile for the Advocating Inventor Results

You are an Inventor

Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR. You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done. The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be. Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work. Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps. Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects. It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine. Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics. You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you. Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts. You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute. The control you feel over your life is empowering to you-- you believe in your abilities and acknowledge your shortcomings. Explanations of the world that focus on destiny or fate don't really interest you. You take responsibility for what goes wrong in your life, and also for what goes well.

Try applying your creativity to more artistic arenas, and letting your imagination take less practical forms.

You are Advocating

Being social, empathic, and understanding makes you ADVOCATING. Some people find being around others exhausting—but not you! You are energized by spending time with friends, and you are good at meeting new people. One of the reasons you enjoy conversation as much as you do is that you often learn about yourself while talking things out with a friend; you realize things about your own beliefs while discussing them with others. You have insight into what others are thinking and feeling. This ability allows you to be happy for others, and to commiserate when something has gone wrong for them. You are highly compassionate, and being conscious of how things affect those close to you leaves you cautious about trusting others too hastily. Despite these reservations, you are open-minded when it comes to your worldview; you don't look to impose your ways on others. Your sensitivity towards others' plights contributes to an understanding—both intellectual and emotional—of many different perspectives. As someone who understands the complexities of the world around you, you are reluctant to pass judgments.

While it's important to think about others, don't forget to take some time for yourself, and occassionally to put yourself first. Take some time to spend with a few close friends; although it's difficult to find people to trust, it's worth the effort. When you have great ideas, it can be hard to relinquish control, but it can also feel good to take the pressure off and enjoy someone else leading the way.

Your Personality Chart

Confidence 60
Openness 38
Extroversion 52
Empathy 58
Trust in others 34
Agency 100
Masculinity 54
Femininity 38
Spontaneity 30
Attention to style 34
Authoritarianism 68
Earthy/Imaginative 44
Aesthetic/Functional 34

This is the second time I got anything other than Free-Wheeling Inventor. I always come off more extroverted on the Personal DNA tests - I'm thinking perhaps it's because I can effortlessly initiate conversations with new people and don't feel drained after prolonged socializing (with company I enjoy - mainly extroverts).

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
FallsPioneer is a Benevolent Creator. It's like the same thing as blue, green, and pink rectangles, with a black one thrown in to promote long life and a dinky purple one hiding in the corner.

Edit: Hmm, the other three people who got Benevolent Creator are ENFP's...I'd think that it seems my result doesn't gel with my being an INTJ, but I don't give a shit because I think both fit.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Make that four ENFPs with Benevolent Creator, Falls. ;)

Confidence 80
Openness 76
Extroversion 64
Empathy 62
Trust in others 82
Agency 26
Masculinity 2
Femininity 94
Spontaneity 94
Attention to style 66
Authoritarianism 40
Earthy/Imaginative 18
Aesthetic/Functional 82

ms_ambivalence

MBTI Type
INTP
I tested a generous creator
Confidence
Openness
Extroversion
Empathy
Trust in others
Agency
Masculinity
Femininity
Spontaneity
Attention to style
Authoritarianism
Earthy/Imaginative
Aesthetic/Functional

check out that empathy!!

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Advocating creator

Confidence 38

Openness 54

Extroversion 56

Empathy 80

Trust in others 10

Agency 8

Masculinity 80

Femininity 14

Spontaneity 66

Attention to style 52

Authoritarianism 20

Earthy/Imaginative
Imaginative Earthy 16

Aesthetic/Functional
Functional Aesthetic 78

I'm really not sure what is so damn masculine about me. I also found a lot of the questions quite difficult to answer - do they apply to the inhabitants of a model town in say, Iowa, or do they apply to the whole world including child labourers who've had half their arm eaten off by acid? Those buckets were hella difficult; quite often I was too lazy to change them too much after setting the values and miscalculating. All in all I think it's quite close though. I have higher confidence, I'm just modest when answering online questionnaires ;)

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
You are a Free-Wheeling Leader

Your solid grounding in the practicalities of life, along with your self-assuredness and your willingness to appreciate new things make you a LEADER.
You're in touch with what is going on around you and adept at remaining down-to-earth and logical.
Although you're detail-oriented, this doesn't mean that you lose the big picture.
You tend to find beauty in form and efficiency, as opposed to finding it in broad-based, abstract concepts.
Never one to pass on an adventure, you're consistently seeking and finding new things, even in your immediate surroundings.
Because of this eagerness to pursue new experiences, you've learned a lot; your attention to detail means that you gain a great deal from your adventures.
The intellectual curiosity that drives you leads you to seek out causes of and reasons behind things.
Your confidence gives you the potential to take your general awareness and channel it into leadership.
You're not set on one way of doing things, and you often have the skills and persistence to find innovative ways of facing challenges.
You are well-attuned to your talents, and can deal with most problems that you face.
Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts
You are balanced in your approach to problem-solving, not letting your emotions hold you up.
You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.
You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.
Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

Your charismatic nature, liveliness, and independence make you FREE-WHEELING.
You don't mind being in the spotlight, preferring social gatherings to quiet nights at home.
You take a practical approach to people, not getting too involved in their feelings—or their business.
At the same time, your acceptance of others leads you to be understanding of their life circumstances, even if you don't quite understand their emotional reactions to some things.
Although you have a wide circle of friends, you're very discerning as to whom you can trust.
You're not rigid in your beliefs about the world, and you don't want to impose your perspective on others, but at the same time, you know that plenty of people don't always act responsibly.
Engaging with others is a large part of how you live in the world, and most importantly, it plays a role in how you see yourself—you tend to learn a lot about yourself in situations where you are with other people.
You have an understanding of the complexities of situations, and you don't judge others too hastily.

Wow, better than the MBTI :cool:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Cautious Inventor

Confidence 82
Openness 60
Extroversion 34
Empathy 26
Trust in others 4
Agency 58
Masculinity 100
Femininity 0
Spontaneity 50
Attention to style 86
Authoritarianism 78
Earthy/Imaginative 22
Aesthetic/Functional 52

sassafrassquatch

Cautious Analyst

You are an Analyst

• Your attention to detail, confidence, sense of order, and focus on functionality combine to make you an ANALYST.
  • You are very curious about how things work, delving into the mechanics behind things.
  • Along those lines, how well something works is usually more important to you than what it looks like.
  • You find beauty and wonder mainly in concrete, functional, earthly things.
  • You are very aware of your own abilities, and you believe that you will find the best way of doing things.
  • Accordingly, problems do not intimidate you, as you believe in yourself.
  • You trust yourself to find solutions within the boundaries of your knowledge.
  • You don't spend a lot of time imagining how things could be different—you're well-grounded in the here-and-now.
  • It is important for you to follow a routine, and you prefer the familiar to the unknown.
  • You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.
  • You have a strong sense of style and value your personal presentation - friends may even seek your style advice from time to time.
  • Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

• Try to embrace the imaginative, creative part of your personality more often.
  • Try moving beyond the things that you find comfortable—open yourself up to a broader range of experiences.

How you relate to others:

You are Cautious

• Being independent, practical, and somewhat guarded with others makes you CAUTIOUS.
  • You tend to keep to yourself, wary of trusting others with personal information.
  • The values that you hold are central to your identity—you are a very principled person.
  • You have respect for the natural order of things, and a good sense of right and wrong.
  • Investigating the world through observation, as opposed to interaction, is preferable to you.
  • You have an appreciation for those who have attained a certain level of accomplishment, particularly the rare few who have succeeded honestly.
  • You are efficient—when you work with others, you get down to business, and fulfill your obligations.
  • You sometimes wish that others would be more like you—less hindered by their emotions, more respectful, and more private.

• Finding a few close others whom you can trust will allow you to express yourself more openly, and possibly to learn more about yourself.

Personality Chart

• Confidence 72
  • Openness 4
  • Extroversion 2
  • Empathy 36
  • Trust in others 2
  • Agency 74
  • Masculinity 44
  • Femininity 14
  • Spontaneity 8
  • Attention to style 90
  • Authoritarianism 78
  • Earthy/Imaginative 86
  • Aesthetic/Functional 52

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just needed to post this:

I was looking at people's Personal DNA results at INTJ Central. I don't understand how some people over there tested as INTJ. (A good percentage of them seem to be ISTP, actually.) People's results on this thread seem to correlate much better to their types.

It's just stuff I noticed.

Alchemist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Benevolent Creator

Confidence: 96
Openness: 58
Extroversion: 98
Empathy: 56
Trust in others: 98
Agency: 98
Masculinity: 68
Femininity: 26
Spontaneity: 18
Attention to style : 100
Authoritarianism: 52
Imaginative-Earthy: 14
Functional-Aesthetic: 98

Aesthetic taste isn't shallow. Doesn't anyone read Kant? (^_~)

Extroversion is a word overused. Instead, they should put 'social aptitude' or something. My social streak is based on expressing my inner world to others, like any other artist does it on paper, canvas, or clay. My mediums happen to be my mouth, a piano, and the turntables. Mm... music.

I salute Maverick for getting a unique result.

-A

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh. Very interesting test. Anyone know how many types there are w/ this test? Seems like there are way more than 16.

There's Artist, Creator, Analyst, Leader, Inventor, Director, Experiencer, Thinker, etc....
and combine that w/ 'Free-wheeling, Considerate, Advocating, Benevolent, Attentive, Cautious, Animated....etc.....'

If you can combine any of the descriptors with any of the main types you'd have at least 50-60.
--------------------------------------------------------
You are a Considerate Artist.

You are an Artist

Your appreciation of beauty, ability to think abstractly, and innovativeness make you an ARTIST.

Never one to be tied to a particular way of doing things, you let your imagination guide you in discovering different possibilities.

You would rather seek out new experiences than stick to your everyday habits, taking in as much of the world as possible.

Your eye for beauty and your willingness to consider different perspectives make your creative efforts interesting—even though you may not realize this yourself.

You prefer to think about things before voicing your opinion, considering a wide, diverse range of options.

While there are forms and styles that you prefer, you tend to keep an open mind when it comes to your artistic preferences.

You are curious about things, interested in the "why" more than the “how.”

You have an active imagination that leads you express yourself in a distinct way.

You're not one to force your positions on a group, and you tend to be fair in evaluating different options.

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

You are Considerate

You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.

You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.

You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.

Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.

Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.

Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.

You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.

Your close friends know you as a good listener.

Confidence
Low High 32
Openness
Low High 68
Extroversion
Low High 12
Empathy
Low High 46
Trust in others
Low High 58
Agency
Low High 56
Masculinity
Low High 2
Femininity
Low High 64
Spontaneity
Low High 24
Attention to style
Low High 54
Authoritarianism
Low High 20
Earthy/Imaginative
Imaginative Earthy 46
Aesthetic/Functional
Functional Aesthetic 58

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember doing this test, even though I forgot (I put that I haven't done it before) I did. Original and interesting style which allows for a variety of possibilities; I like it. I love the jugs of green.

Apparently I am a "genuine leader". It's essentially calling me an ESTJ. It undermines certain capabilities of mine in the description, such as my ability to theorise and imagine. It also overexggerates my attention to detail. Apart from that, most of it makes a lot of sense and represents me well.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently I am a "genuine leader". It's essentially calling me an ESTJ.

You think so?? In my post above yours, I had decided there were probably many more than 16 personality types on Personal DNA. So I don't think it's easily translated to mbti.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You think so?? In my post above your, I had decided there were probably many more than 16 personality types on Personal DNA. So I don't think it's easily translated to mbti.

True, but some of the factors in the PersonalDNA model can be.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
You are an Inventor

Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.

You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.

The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.

Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.

Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.

Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.

It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.

Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.

You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.

You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.

You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

You are Free-Wheeling

Your charismatic nature, liveliness, and independence make you FREE-WHEELING.

You don't mind being in the spotlight, preferring social gatherings to quiet nights at home.

You take a practical approach to people, not getting too involved in their feelings—or their business.

At the same time, your acceptance of others leads you to be understanding of their life circumstances, even if you don't quite understand their emotional reactions to some things.

Although you have a wide circle of friends, you're very discerning as to whom you can trust.

You're not rigid in your beliefs about the world, and you don't want to impose your perspective on others, but at the same time, you know that plenty of people don't always act responsibly.

Engaging with others is a large part of how you live in the world, and most importantly, it plays a role in how you see yourself—you tend to learn a lot about yourself in situations where you are with other people.

You have an understanding of the complexities of situations, and you don't judge others too hastily.
Confidence - 44 (This is probably low because I'm currently job hunting, I'm usually overconfident.)
Openness - 62
Extroversion - 58
Empathy - 24
Trust in others - 22
Agency - 52
Masculinity - 88
Femininity - 26
Spontaneity - 76
Attention to style - 36
Authoritarianism - 22
Earthy/Imaginative - 44 (more Imaginative)
Aesthetic/Functional - 14 (more Functional)