• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sternberg-Wagner Thinking Styles Inventory

Jaguar

Sternberg-Wagner-Test

Warning for those who have concentration issues.
There's 104 questions. :D
After you get your scores, explanations are here:
Style Descriptions

Summary:

Legislative
Monarchic
Global
Liberal
Internal

Legislative Style 6.6 Very High

Legislative people like to do things their own way.
They like creating, formulating, and having things.
In general, they tend to be people who like to make their own rules.
Legislative people enjoy doing things the way they do them.
They prefer problems that are not prestructured for them, but rather that they can structure for themselves.
Legislative people also prefer creative and constructive planning-based activities,
such as writing papers, design projects, and creating new business or educational systems.

Monarchic Style 5.5 High
People who are predominantly monarchic style tend to be motivated by a single goal or need at a time.
Monarchic people also tend to be single-minded and driven by whatever they are single-minded about.
They have a tendency to see things in terms of their issues.

Monarchic people often attempt to solve problems, full speed ahead, damn the obstacles.
They can be too decisive. (Is this an attempt to call me a raging J?)

Global Style 5.0 High Middle
Global people prefer to deal with relatively larger and often abstract issues.
They tend to focus on the forest, sometimes at the expense of the trees.
Their constant challenge is to stay grounded and not to get lost on cloud nine.
( I'm more balanced with N/S than this suggests.)

Liberal Style 6.4 High
Individuals with a liberal style like to go beyond existing rules and procedures and seek to maximize change.

Internal Style 5.5 High
People with an internal style tend to be motivated, task-oriented, sometimes aloof, and socially less sensitive than other people.
At times they also lack interpersonal awareness, if only because they do not focus on it.

People with an external style, in contrast, tend to be more extroverted,
people-oriented, outgoing, socially more sensitive, and interpersonally more aware.

Now they call me an aloof Introvert?
This is a conspiracy.
Lock and Load.

P

Phantonym

Executive Style 6.1 Very High
People with the executive style are implementers: they like to do, and generally prefer to be giving guidance as to what to do or how to do what needs to be done. Executive people also like to enforce rules and laws (their own or others').
Executive people prefer problems that are given to them or structured for them and like to do and take pride in the doers - in getting things done. Executive people tend to gravitate toward occupations that are quite different from those to which legislative people are attracted.
Executive people will tend to the valued by organizations that want people to do things in a way that appears to a set of rules or guidelines.

Hierarchic Style 6.4 High
People with a hierarchic style tend to be motivated by a hierarchy of goals, with the recognition that not all of the goals can be fulfilled equally well and that some goals are more important than others. They thus tend to be priority setters who allocate carefully. They tend to be systematic and organized in their solutions to problems and in their decision making.

Global Style 5.6 Very High
Global people prefer to deal with relatively larger and often abstract issues. They tend to focus on the forest, sometimes at the expense of the trees. Their constant challenge is to stay grounded and not to get lost on cloud nine.

Internal Style
6.0 High
People with an internal style tend to be motivated, task-oriented, sometimes aloof, and socially less sensitive than other people. At times they also lack interpersonal awareness, if only because they do not focus on it.

Conservative Style 4.5 High
Individuals with a conservative style like to adhere to existing rules and procedures, minimize change, avoid ambiguous situations where possible, and prefer familiarity in life and work.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Legislative Style 5.3 Low Middle
Legislative people like to do things their own way. They like creating, formulating, and having things. In general, they tend to be people who like to make their own rules.
Legislative people enjoy doing things the way they do them. They prefer problems that are not prestructured for them, but rather that they can structure for themselves.
Legislative people also prefer creative and constructive planning-based activities, such as writing papers, design projects, and creating new business or educational systems.

Oligarchic Style 5.5 Very High

In oligarchy, several individuals share power. Individuals with the oligarchic style tend to be motivated by several, often competitive goals of equal perceived importance. They have trouble deciding which goals to give priority to. The result is that they may have trouble allocating resources.

Anarchic Style 5.5 High (both got the same score but different rank...)

People with an anarchic style tend to be motivated by a wide assortment of needs and goals that are often difficult for others, as well as for themselves, to sort out. They tend to be not so much asystematic as antisystematic.

Global Style 5.0 High
Global people prefer to deal with relatively larger and often abstract issues. They tend to focus on the forest, sometimes at the expense of the trees. Their constant challenge is to stay grounded and not to get lost on cloud nine.

Internal Style 4.3 Low Middle (not sure why this is so low)
People with an internal style tend to be motivated, task-oriented, sometimes aloof, and socially less sensitive than other people. At times they also lack interpersonal awareness, if only because they do not focus on it.

Liberal Style 6.0 High
Individuals with a liberal style like to go beyond existing rules and procedures and seek to maximize change. They also seek or are at least comfortable with ambiguous situations, and prefer some degree of unfamiliarity in life and work.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
My test results are probably wrong. I answered no to almost every question.

Executive Style 3.6 Low Middle
People with the executive style are implementers: they like to do, and generally prefer to be giving guidance as to what to do or how to do what needs to be done. Executive people also like to enforce rules and laws (their own or others').

Executive people prefer problems that are given to them or structured for them and like to do and take pride in the doers - in getting things done. Executive people tend to gravitate toward occupations that are quite different from those to which legislative people are attracted.

Executive people will tend to the valued by organizations that want people to do things in a way that appears to a set of rules or guidelines.

Monarchic Style
People who are predominantly monarchic style tend to be motivated by a single goal or need at a time. Monarchic people also tend to be single-minded and driven by whatever they are single-minded about. They have a tendency to see things in terms of their issues.

Monarchic people often attempt to solve problems, full speed ahead, damn the obstacles. They can be too decisive.

Oligarchic Style 3.6 High Middle
In oligarchy, several individuals share power. Individuals with the oligarchic style tend to be motivated by several, often competitive goals of equal perceived importance. They have trouble deciding which goals to give priority to. The result is that they may have trouble allocating resources.

(Both Monarchic scored higher than Oligarchic in score, but Oligarchic scored higher in rank. :huh:)

Local Style 3.5 Low Middle
Local people prefer to deal with details, sometimes minute ones, and often ones surrounding concrete issues. They tend to focus on the trees, sometimes at the expense of the forest. Their constant challenge is to see the whole forest, and not just its individual elements.

Internal Style 3.3 Low

Conservative Style 3.1 Low Middle
Individuals with a conservative style like to adhere to existing rules and procedures, minimize change, avoid ambiguous situations where possible, and prefer familiarity in life and work.

Yeah, don't really agree with all of that...

I suppose it's my fault for screwing up the test for myself. :/

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My results:

Functions

Judicial 5.8 Very High
People with a judicial style like to evaluate rules and procedures and to judge things. Judicial people also prefer problems in which they can analyze and evaluate things and ideas. They like to judge both structure and content.

Legislative 5.8 High Middle
Executive 3.3 Low

Forms

Oligarchic 5.1 High

Anarchic 5.1 High Middle
Monarchic 2.9 Very Low
Hierarchic 3.6 Very Low

Levels

Global 7.0 Very High

Local 1.9 Very Low

Scope

External 6.1 Very High
People with an external style, in contrast (to people with an internal style), tend to be more extroverted, people-oriented, outgoing, socially more sensitive, and interpersonally more aware.

Internal 4.6 Low Middle

Leanings

Liberal 7.0 Very High
Individuals with a liberal style like to go beyond existing rules and procedures and seek to maximize change. They also seek or are at least comfortable with ambiguous situations, and prefer some degree of unfamiliarity in life and work.

Conservative 1.8 Very Low

Well, the whole thing is accurate for me.

At first, I was bothered by the part about how I like to judge things.

But then I noticed it said I judge "things and ideas" and "structure and content", and did not say I judge people.

Very good test.

Thanks for the link. :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Good test.

My results:

32zjfyu.jpg

Summary:

Judicial
Hierarchic
Local
Internal
Conservative

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Function: Judicial
People with a judicial style like to evaluate rules and procedures and to judge things. Judicial people also prefer problems in which they can analyze and evaluate things and ideas. They like to judge both structure and content.

Form: Hierarchic Style (just edging out monarchic)
People with a hierarchic style tend to be motivated by a hierarchy of goals, with the recognition that not all of the goals can be fulfilled equally well and that some goals are more important than others. They thus tend to be priority setters who allocate carefully. They tend to be systematic and organized in their solutions to problems and in their decision making.

Level: Global Style

Scope: Internal Style

Leanings: Liberal Style

locus8

MBTI Type
INTP
Legislative: 5.9

Legislative people like to do things their own way. They like creating, formulating, and having things. In general, they tend to be people who like to make their own rules.
Legislative people enjoy doing things the way they do them. They prefer problems that are not prestructured for them, but rather that they can structure for themselves.
Legislative people also prefer creative and constructive planning-based activities, such as writing papers, design projects, and creating new business or educational systems.

Hierarchic: 6.4

Global: 5.8

Internal: 5.5

Liberal: 6.4

G

garbage

Results:

Functions
Legislative=6.75 Very High
Executive=2.75
Judicial=3.625 Low

Forms
Monarchic=4.0 Low Middle
Hierarchic=6.25 Very High
Oligarchic=6.25 Very High
Anarchic=6.375 Very High

Levels
Global=6.5 Very High
Local=1.6 Very Low

Scope
Internal=4.0 Low Middle
External=6.75 Very High

Leanings
Liberal=6.875 Very High
Conservative=2.5 Low

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Legislative: 6.0:High Middle
Executive: 3.8:Low Middle
Judicial: 3.9:Low

Monarchic: 4.4:High Middle
Hierarchic: 3.8:Very Low
Oligarchic: 3.5:Low Middle
Anarchic: 4.5:Low Middle

Global: 6.4:Very High
Local: 1.8:Very Low

Internal: 5.5:High
External: 2.9:Very Low

Liberal: 6.3:High
Conservative: 2.3:Low

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Functions
  • Legislative Legislative=6.625 6.6 Very High
  • Executive Executive=3.5 3.5 Low Middle
  • Judicial Judicial=5.375 5.4 High

Forms
  • Monarchic Monarchic=3.625 3.6 Low Middle
  • Hierarchic Hierarchic=4.75 4.8 Low Middle
  • Oligarchic Oligarchic=6 6.0 Very High
  • Anarchic Anarchic=5.375 5.4 High Middle

Levels
  • Global Global=6.5 6.5 Very High
  • Local Local= 2.9 Very Low

Scope
  • Internal Internal=6.375 6.4 Very High
  • External External=3.875 3.9 Low

Leanings
  • Liberal Liberal=6.875 6.9 Very High
  • Conservative Conservative=2.75 2.8 Low

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Functions
Legislative Style = 5.8 High Middle

Forms
Hierarchic Hierarchic= 4.625 Low Middle

Levels
Global Global= 5.75 Very High

Local people prefer to deal with details, sometimes minute ones, and often ones surrounding concrete issues. They tend to focus on the trees, sometimes at the expense of the forest. Their constant challenge is to see the whole forest, and not just its individual elements.

Scope
Internal Internal= 4.75 High Middle

Leanings
Liberal Liberal= 6.25 High

veins

Functions
Legislative - 6.0 - High Middle
Executive - 4.4 - Low Middle
Judicial - 5.3 - High Middle

Forms
Monarchic - 4.3 - High Middle
Hierarchic - 4.5 - Low Middle (Kinda weird how this is Low Middle as opposed to Monarchic's High Middle)
Oligarchic - 5.1 - High
Anarchic - 5.9 - Very High

Levels
Global - 6.3 - Very High
Local - 4.0 - High Middle

Scope
Internal - 5.8 - High
External - 4.0 - Low Middle

Leanings
Liberal - 5.9 - High Middle
Conservative - 4.5 - High Middle

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My test said I was a stubborn bastard.

Scores are out of a possible 7.0
-------------------------------
FUNCTIONS:
-----------
Legislative: 6.9:Very High
Executive: 4.6:High Middle
Judicial: 6.0:Very High

FORMS:
---------
Monarchic: 3.1:Low
Hierarchic: 6.8:Very High
Oligarchic: 3.9:High Middle
Anarchic: 3.4:Very Low

LEVELS:
---------
Global: 3.8:Low Middle
Local: 3.8:Low Middle

SCOPE:
--------
Internal: 4.1:Low Middle
External: 5.9:High

LEANINGS:
-----------
Liberal: 5.8:High Middle
Conservative: 2.9:Low

You know what? That test asked the same goddamn 5 questions 20 times. Shit, I've heard of the "built in lie detector" in a test, but this fucker took that concept to extremes. Granted I was sober and without cerebral assistance, I did have a major fucking migraine headache when I took this shite bag of a test. My summary is as follows. I want to work on a team only if its comprised of competent people who are putting as much into the overall endeavor as I am. If I am in charge of a bunch of lollygaggers that's fiune, but I'd rather work alone. I seek input from those who know what the hell they are talking about and who give a shit about the work I am trying to do for them. Fortunately I've ended up in jobs where these criteria of mine have been met and I have been happy. But that test, Jeez Louise, hit me in the head with a hammer next time then take my check book and buy yourself a few pair of shoes. :wacko:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
FUNCTIONS:
-----------
Legislative: 6.3 - High
Executive: 3.0 - Low
Judicial: 2.4 - Very Low

FORMS:
---------
Monarchic: 3.4 - Low
Hierarchic: 3.1 - Very Low
Oligarchic: 4.8 - High
Anarchic: 5.4 - High Middle

LEVELS:
---------
Global: 5.6 - Very High
Local: 2.0 - Very Low

SCOPE:
--------
Internal: 6.4 - Very High
External: 2.6 - Very Low

LEANINGS:
-----------
Liberal: 5.0 - Low Middle
Conservative: 2.8 - Low

You know what? That test asked the same goddamn 5 questions 20 times. Shit, I've heard of the "built in lie detector" in a test, but this fucker took that concept to extremes.

Yeah, that was ridiculous.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here's my order:

Form:Judicial: 6.8:Very High

Legislative and judicial people can work well together in a team. For example, selection procedures tend to be largely judicial, and are well suited to people who like to evaluate. The legislative person may well not be ideal to read the applications and judge them, for lack of interest in dealing with the job the way it should the done.

Style: Oligarchic: 5.3:High

Internal: 6.4:Very High

Global: 5.9:Very High

Liberal: 5.3:Low Middle

Legislative: 5.5:High Middle
Executive: 5.4:High

Monarchic: 3.4:Low
Hierarchic: 4.3:Low
Anarchic: 4.9:Low Middle

Local: 4.1:High Middle
External: 3.3:Low
Conservative: 3.8:Low Middle

It seems that I have decent ability in the other two functional styles and local processing (since I usually try to do things on my own), but kind of suck at everything else.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't take this because it basically asked the same thing over and over again. And I'm obviously Legislative.