• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tests that are hard to guess?

hommefatal

When taking tests I just stereotypically hit what looks best to me because I always know what either choice means. So are there tests where it's not so easy?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
the MMPI has built in "lying behavior" items (for example, there's one like: "I have taken things that aren't mine before"), although the validity if the scale is always a matter of contention. That's not really a test you'll get free and clear access to, however.

In that sense, its really hard to guess what the items are about, and what they're "Grabbing" at. This is sometimes called item transparency or "FAce Validity"

hommefatal

the MMPI has built in "lying behavior" items (for example, there's one like: "I have taken things that aren't mine before"), although the validity if the scale is always a matter of contention. That's not really a test you'll get free and clear access to, however.

In that sense, its really hard to guess what the items are about, and what they're "Grabbing" at. This is sometimes called item transparency or "FAce Validity"
Sounds interesting. The first time I took an MBTI test I scored as an INTP. But back then I didn't understand the test. I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFP but I am not able to be objective anymore.

am_i_evil666

The first time I toook a MBTI test I scored ENFP. But since then, I have come to know/guess what each answer stands for so it is fairly annoying that I can't be objective when taking MBTI tests.

hommefatal

The first time I toook a MBTI test I scored ENFP. But since then, I have come to know/guess what each answer stands for so it is fairly annoying that I can't be objective when taking MBTI tests.
Same here. I am very sure I am an E, an N, an F, and a P but I do find descriptions too general and find something of me in most of the types.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Same here. I am very sure I am an E, an N, an F, and a P but I do find descriptions too general and find something of me in most of the types.

What did you expect? There are 6.8 billion people on this planet but there are only 16 types. The discriptions simply have to be quite general.