• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rick's socionics test

snegledmaca

Mizami: Registreer jezelf nu!

In doing the test try to be quick about it, if you take too long the test gives false results, some generic result template that has no connection to the inputted data. It begins with SEE, SLE and so on, can't remember. In any case, that's a glitch so if you get that result it's possible you were too slow in answering.

Also on the third page one has to chose *between* the two questions, not for each one. One has to pick the degree to which one of those questions is better suited then the other one. This tends to be unclear from the format of the questions on that page.

For information on the results go here, there is a table at the bottom.

After getting your result check out the first four proposed types at the link provided above and tell me whether you would call the result accurate or not. Why yes, why no and so on.

My goal is to test the validity of the results of this test on a group of people more or less clueless of the internal functioning of socionics.

And I'm doing so because a person who I had pegged as a certain type, through their behavior and relationship analysis, gave a completely different result on this test. I mean completely incompatible results. They tested as their dual. And the supporting types, the three along with the main one, were just as incompatible with my assessment. Which made me think that perhaps the test is flawed. Or my methods are, my practical socionics ability is. But regardless there is an issue here and I seek to figure out what exactly it is.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Now that's accurate.

5v91xy.jpg

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IEI

ILI
IEE
EII

ILE
LII
EIE
LIE

SEI
SLI
SEE
ESI

SLE
LSI
ESE
LSE

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I don't know much about socionics, but I think IEI is pretty accurate from what I can tell.

IEI Your result
IEE These types might also be considered
SEI
EII
SEE These types are not very likely
ILI
EIE
ILE
ESI These types are quite unlikely
SLI
ESE
LII
SLE these types are extremely unlikely
LIE
LSI
LSE

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
SLI (My result)

ILI/SLE/ILE (might be considered)

SEI/IEI/LSI/LII (not very likely)
SEE/IEE/LSE/LIE (quite unlikely)
ESI/EII/ESE/EIE (extremely unlikely)

snegledmaca

Results are nice but I would prefer comments. It's kind of the reason why I started the thread, so that people can give their input on the validity, accuracy of their results on the test.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
To convert for everyone,

EIE = ENFj
EII = INFj
ESE = ESFj
ESI = ISFj

IEE = ENFp
IEI = INFp
ILE = ENTp
ILI = INTp

LIE = ENTj
LII = INTj
LSE = ESTj
LSI = ISTj

SEE = ESFp
SEI = ISFp
SLE = ESTp
SLI = ISTp

wolfy

awsm
Your result
SEI

These types might also be considered
SLI
SEE
ESI
These types are not very likely
SLE
LSI
IEI
ESE
These types are quite unlikely
ILI
LSE
IEE
EII
If you are these types I'll eat my hat
ILE
LII
EIE
LIE

G

garbage

Your result
IEE

These types might also be considered
EIE
IEI
ILE

These types are not very likely
EII
LIE
ILI
LII

These types are quite unlikely
SEE
ESE
SEI
SLE

these types are extremely unlikely
ESI
LSE
SLI
LSI

Yeah pretty much.. although I don't know if I like how "giving a crap about other people" necessitates Ethical/Feeling in these tests.

Lotr246

EII Your result
IEI These types might also be considered
LII
ILI
EIE These types are not very likely
IEE
ESI
LIE
SEI These types are quite unlikely
ILE
LSI
SLI
ESE these types are extremely unlikely
SEE
LSE
SLE

Cool test, by the way.

snegledmaca

Yeah pretty much.. although I don't know if I like how "giving a crap about other people" necessitates Ethical/Feeling in these tests.

It does not. At least it shouldn't in socionics tests. In a socionics test an ability in the ethical/feeling area is what should be measured. As anybody can give a crap about other people.

hommefatal

I've done this before. It was ESFp in front of ENFp. Now I'm going to take it again.

IEE (ENFP) Your result
SEE (ESFP) These types might also be considered
EIE (ENFJ)
IEI (INFJ)
ESE (ESFJ) These types are not very likely
ILE (ENTP)
SEI (ISFJ)
SLE (ESTP)
EII (INFP) These types are quite unlikely
LIE (ENTJ)
ESI (ISFP)
ILI (INTJ)
LSE (ESTJ) these types are extremely unlikely
SLI (ISTJ)
LII (INTP)
LSI (ISTP)

Pretty accurate.

Also, socionics says ENFP and ISTJ make a perfect couple, lmao. What they call perfect is horrible to me.

snegledmaca

Also, socionics says ENFP and ISTJ make a perfect couple, lmao. What they call perfect is horrible to me.

Socionics makes no predictions regarding the compatibility of MBTI types. Or are you disputing the IEE - SLI pairing?

look.to.the.sky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Unfortunately, MBTI types do not translate cleanly over to Socionics types, and the tests are still being worked on :( And this is true even with MBTI: You're the best judge for your type. I am ENFP in MBTI and NeFi/IEE/ENFp in Socionics, but not everyone switches over to the same acronym. Definitely give Socionics a shot, the forum I'm at has had old Typology Central members come over, lurk, and decide for themselves whether they liked it. And some have stayed! These are most likely your best resources for Socionics:

The 16 Types

Wikisocion

G

garbage

It does not. At least it shouldn't in socionics tests. In a socionics test an ability in the ethical/feeling area is what should be measured. As anybody can give a crap about other people.

Right. You're saying should/shouldn't, not is/isn't. That's exactly what I meant, too.

As it stands, many questions boil down to "Do you hate people? If yes.. congratulations, you're Logical! If not.. congratulations, you're Ethical!"

In this and many other tests, it also seems that j/p is treated as a tested dichotomy, rather than allowing the functions to line up as they do. In a system like Socionics where functions are especially important, functions should be tested rather than dichotomies.