User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp

Agreed. I don't think people who commit crimes of a non-violent and non-predatory nature (i.e. crimes that don't signal they are a danger to human liberty, safety, etc.) should draw confinement as much as they do. It's overused and sometimes counterproductive.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - Morals

My result:

You scored 35.5 out of a total of 44.

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.
    My score is the same; 35.5 out of a total of 44.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

33/44 - Man, you guys are "saints". I object to the the scoring of this test. I don't know how it's scored, exactly, but I object to it.

Honestly though, I thought the situations were a little too hypothetical. I would've had to think a lot harder if faced with more concrete cases. I mean, sure, I can loftily suppose myself to be socially conscientious, but that doesn't mean I can walk the walk.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I deliberately tried to get the worst score possible by saying that none of the things listed were important, just to see if there was alternative text.
    You scored 23.5 out of a total of 44.

Your score suggests that you treat social ethics and behaviour as a matter of pragmatic deals or exchanges. One helps a friend who has done you favours because he or she may return the favour.

You are likely to appeal for "tit-for-tat" exchanges or deals with others; even legal justice may be seen in this way. You will generally emphasise an approach to others based upon strict equalities (or inequalities), appealing to unfettered or unlimited freedoms as concrete rights, for example not helping others because "you shouldn't stick your nose in someone else's business."

Your reasoning is likely to depend upon your own preferences or needs at a particular time. You may also decide upon issues in terms of the advantages or disadvantages to be gained from action.
    Geez. So the bottom two aren't even accessible.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

"You scored 37.5 out of a total of 44."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    I

My results:

You scored 29.5 out of a total of 44.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Geez. So the bottom two aren't even accessible.
    Hehe. It's like a game to figure out what's the lowest. I could only get 24 minimum... It's got to be possible though otherwise the 1% is a fake statistic. Irony?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Results
    You scored 39.5 out of a total of 44.

My Results
    Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Ahhhh....