INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I scored 34,5/44.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Could you please explain this a bit more? It seems as if you would have to use a fairly vague definition of the word “same” if one were to say that an individual who believes in honor killings and another who is a pacifist have the same moral stance.
    Well, that's clearly a case where it's not the same.

I just think we have all sorts of different reasons to think things are "right" and "wrong". We should judge value-system-similarity based on whether people agree that something is right or wrong, not WHY they think that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Sounds like Se to me.
    yeah, and i think it is like Se. they're both action-oriented. Pe wants information to deal with, and action situations give it to us. but i'd agree that Ne wants less physical action than Se. when i say action here, i literally mean any kind of external exchange. Ne likes action in terms of rapid idea changes. paradigm shifts, etc.

i see Ne and Se as parallel processes, so there are a lot of similarities. Ne just deals with theoretical information - what could be there - while Se deals with concrete information - what actually is there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Well, that's clearly a case where it's not the same.

I just think we have all sorts of different reasons to think things are "right" and "wrong". We should judge value-system-similarity based on whether people agree that something is right or wrong, not WHY they think that.
    Most psychologists would actually say that the reason for choosing a particular moral choice is far more important than the choice itself. There's a huge difference between someone who steals in order to keep from starving or to even feed their children and someone who steals out of a psychopathic form of natural selection ("they deserved it for being so gullible").
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Most psychologists would actually say that the reason for choosing a particular moral choice is far more important than the choice itself. There's a huge difference between someone who steals in order to keep from starving or to even feed their children and someone who steals out of a psychopathic form of natural selection ("they deserved it for being so gullible").
    I see what you're saying, but that doesn't contradict my stance. I think if the moral codes are the same (for example, x is bad, but if y happens, it's more acceptable), we shouldn't care about the reasons. At least when considering the moral compatibility of two people.

I'm not saying the reasoning isn't psychologically relevant, either. Just that if we're judging how "moral" someone is, we should look at the values, not the reasons for the values. It just gets too convoluted that way.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.

:puts on her enfj tap shoes and dances about in a clickity clackity fashion:
    At least I will that strangers be left to die, as they are strangers.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I don't need a test to say "No."
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

My Results

You scored 41 out of a total of 44

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Results
    You scored 39 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores
    1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results
    Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Background
    Scores on the questionnaire form a scale that tracks the development of reasoning from childhood through to adulthood about social, ethical and moral issues. The original research using this questionnaire was conducted in the United States by Kohlberg and was followed up by John Gibbs, Karen Basinger and Dick Fuller.

Most children make decisions based on the influence of power and authority figures, progressing through an emphasis upon exchange relationships with others, then on to mutual and social expectations.

Some people progress to a level where they base their moral reasoning on universal values. Others become fixed at earlier stages depending upon circumstances. But recent research has suggested that it is possible to change the way you reason about your social responsibilities

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Results

You scored 37.5 out of a total of 44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.