First 89101112 Last

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i wish they would reveal what the "right" answers are. higher scorers, you should share
    What would you consider a "high" score?

Either way, here's mine:

Results

You scored 32 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores

1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44
    My Results

Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.
    I feel so old! And I think they assume that I have more empathy than I actually do, because there were a couple of questions where none of the answers were very close to how I felt.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

anyway yeah i'm not sure about utilitarianism. my general beliefs run more kantian than millsian and i still scored high.
    Well, if your general beliefs run more Kantian it wouldn't be surprising that you scored high. It would make sense that you scored high.

Results for a high scorer on this test include this:

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."
    I would say that's pretty Kantian. OR at least, more Kantian than Millsian.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    OR at least, more Kantian than Millsian.
    true. it seems to lean away from hedonism in general.

i think that what annoys me about the quiz is that you could have gone through very sophisticated thought patterns, or know a lot of philosophy, and yet if your beliefs really boil down to religion or some kind of simple rule, you'd probably be judged by the quiz as in a low category of reasoning.

but then, 2/3 of people score in the "highest" category and all but 2% of the rest in the second highest, so i assume that's not really an issue.

EJCC - i think 44 is the highest possible score.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

From Laura (Otto Preminger,1944, 20th Century Fox):

McPherson: Were you in love with Laura Hunt, Mr. Lydecker? Was she in love with you?
    Lydecker: Laura considered me the wisest, the wittiest, the most interesting man she'd ever met. And I was in complete accord with her on that point. She thought me also the kindest, the gentlest, the most sympathetic man in the world.
    McPherson: Did you agree with her there, too?
    Lydecker: McPherson, you won't understand this; but I tried to become the kindest, the gentlest, the most sympathetic man in the world.
    McPherson: Have any luck?
    Lydecker: Let me put it this way. I should be sincerely sorry to see my neighbors' children devoured by wolves.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Results

You scored 42 out of a total of 44.

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well, once again, you do not understand Ne.

Ne, when supported by an Introverted Judging function, is oriented toward ACTION, in the REAL WORLD.

It does not generate random silly ideas which serve no purpose--or rationalizations which are too stupid for even the person generating them to agree with.
    Sounds like Se to me.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The title of this thread always makes me chuckle. I love it!!

I thought the test was a bit weird, but for what it's worth it tells me I'm a pretty damn moral bastard.

38.5/44

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, it seemed to me as I was taking the test that if you consistently picked answers which were the most altruistic, you would score the highest.

But I didn't actually test that out, so I'm not sure.

There is a bias though, I'm sure of that.

Which makes the test kind of shitty, in my opinion.
    It seems like a reasonable guess but actually, that's not how I answered the questions so I'm not sure that's right. There were a few from an altruistic standpoint that should be very high which I rated as high, for example. An INTJ would probably step back and look at the broader context of the situation and my answers tended to reflect that broader contextual view. I was also completely honest with how I'd actually respond in that situation and why vs. how I'd like to respond or how others would think I should respond.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

37 of 44

The only question that I marked as “not important” involved whether someone should live if they don’t wish to do so. My reasoning was that it would be extremely cruel to force someone to endure unimaginable physical and emotional pain, when their life is owned by them and no one else.

The problem with any such tests is going to be fact that morals are both culturally and personally subjective. If morality were a science then there would be little conflict in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    People have so many different conscious narratives that seem different on the surface. But at a deeper level, I think many people have essentially the same moral stances.
    Could you please explain this a bit more? It seems as if you would have to use a fairly vague definition of the word “same” if one were to say that an individual who believes in honor killings and another who is a pacifist have the same moral stance.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox