User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I certainly hope this is not a serious question.
    ?
    The colors that make me feel the best are consistent. My "favorite" colors are based on this. I'm curious if this is different than other people.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    ?
    The colors that make me feel the best are consistent. My "favorite" colors are based on this. I'm curious if this is different than other people.
    My favourite colour is red. It does not however always make me feel good. At different times, different situations, different mind states, you feel better with different colours. It always changes. But a favourite usually remains constant.

Your Existing Situation
    "Very emotional and artistic, enjoys being surrounded by beauty and art. Looking for a partner who always has an eye for beauty and who enjoys close, loving relationships."
    Yes, but this is more in my head.

Your Stress Sources
    "Feels that life must give more than it has and that her hopes and desires should be fully achieved. her existing circumstances are causing her to be anxious and worry; she is on edge and fears her missing out on opportunity. Eagar to avoid future setbacks or loss of status, she tries to make herself notice and to standout and is need of security."
    In a way.
    Your Restrained Characteristics

"Demanding and picky in her relationships, but careful not to bring out conflict or disagreements and this may decrease her chances of achieving her goals and ideas."

His confidence is low but she is unable to admit that is the reason for her avoidance of conflict. Feels it is a situation out of her control and she is making the best of it.

Is feeling emotionally drained from stressful and tense situations. she is in need of peace and quiet in order to overcome her lack of energy and may become irritable if she does not recover.

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.
    Not sure

Your Desired Objective
    "Longs for a loving, caring, and supportive relationship, and fanaticizes of living in perfect harmony with others. Has a strong desire for tenderness and affection and enjoys things which are artistically pleasing to the eye."
    Yay
    Your Actual Problem
    Fears others will try to hold her back from achieving her goals and the things she wants. Puts on the charm and can be manipulative towards others hoping she can get them to do as she wishes and making it easier for her to reach her own goals.
    Sometimes

Your Actual Problem #2
    "Is disappointed and let down, feels there is no point in making new goals as they will leave her feeling the same way. Looking for friendly, pleasant relationships with others, who will further develop her intellect. she tries to escape into a fantasy world where things go her way and her desires are easier to reach."
    Hotter

Seems to be universal problems. And I kinda knew what the results would be when I picked the colours I did since their symbolism is also fairly universal. But it was rather accurate. Finally isfp result at least close.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    My favourite colour is red. It does not however always make me feel good. At different times, different situations, different mind states, you feel better with different colours. It always changes. But a favourite usually remains constant.
    The only times where I've felt that much difference in how I feel upon seeing colors is when they mean something. An example is I'm searching for someone and I remember the color of the shirt they were wearing and thus have a reaction when I think I've found them.

I'm actually somewhat surprised if people have large differences in their reactions to a color when the color doesn't have some attached meaning.

Edit:
    My favorite has actually been less constant. This is because when I was young I didn't really have reactions to any color. So I decided on my favorite arbitrarily. Since I started basing it on how it makes me feel there haven't been any changes.
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

when the color doesn't have some attached meaning.
    How can a colour not have meaning?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The only times where I've felt that much difference in how I feel upon seeing colors is when they mean something. An example is I'm searching for someone and I remember the color of the shirt they were wearing and thus have a reaction when I think I've found them.

I'm actually somewhat surprised if people have large differences in their reactions to a color when the color doesn't have some attached meaning.

Edit:
    My favorite has actually been less constant. This is because when I was young I didn't really have reactions to any color. So I decided on my favorite arbitrarily. Since I started basing it on how it makes me feel there haven't been any changes.
    You'd be surprised about the psychological metaphysics of colours. I have learnt quite a bit about it and that one can feel better looking at one colour than the other because of their current situation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    How can a colour not have meaning?
    What do you mean by meaning? I'm talking about a color as a very specific symbol for something. Not vague meanings created by an individual.
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INFP

Your Existing Situation

Seeks to share a bond of understanding intimacy in an esthetic atmosphere of peace and tenderness. Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities - especially in the company of someone equally sensitive.

Your Stress Sources

Feels unappreciated and finds the existing situation disagreeable. Wants personal recognition and the esteem of others to compensate for the lack of like-minded people with whom to ally himself and make himself more secure. His sensual self-restraint makes it difficult for him to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and merge with another. This disturbs him as he regards such instincts as weaknesses to be overcome; only by not succumbing to them, he feels, can he withstand the difficulties of the situation. Wants to be valued as a desirable associate and admired for his personal qualities.

Feels listless, hemmed in, and anxious; considers that circumstances and forcing him to restrain his desires. Wants to avoid open conflict with others and to have peace and quiet.

Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity. Demanding and particular in his choice of a partner and in his relations with those close to him. Needs reassurance and is careful to avoid open conflict since this might reduce his prospects of realizing his hopes.

Insists that his goals are realistic and sticks obstinately to them, even though circumstances are forcing him to compromise. Very exacting in the standards he applies to his choice of a partner.

Your Desired Objective

Longs for tenderness and for a sensitivity of feeling into which he can blend. Responsive to anything esthetic and tasteful. Longs for a tender and sympathetic bond and for a situation of idealized harmony. Has an imperative need for tenderness and affection.

Your Actual Problem

Needs to be valued and respected as an exceptional individual, in order to increase his self-esteem and his feeling of personal worth. Resists mediocrity and sets himself high standards.

Your Actual Problem #2

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on his resources. A feeling of powerlessness subjects him to agitation and acute distress. Tries to escape from this by relinquishing the struggle, and by finding peaceful and restful conditions in which to recuperate in an atmosphere of affection and security.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Your Existing Situation
    Needs excitement and constant stimulation. Willingly participates in activities that are thrilling and offer adventure.

Your Stress Sources
    "Wishes for freedom and independence, free from limitations and restrictions except for the ones he choices to give himself."

"Tries to participate and involve himself in things going on around him; however, avoids conflict and arguments to reduce stress and tension."
    "Finds satisfaction in sexual activity, but is emotionally detached which prevents him from becoming too involved."
    "Feels he is carry more than his share of problems. He is flexible and laid back, sticking to his goals and working to overcome any difficulty."
    "He is able to find satisfaction through sexual activity, but can be restless and emotionally distant so he never really gets too involved with others."

Your Desired Objective
    "Is very intense person who seeks excitement and sexual stimulation. Wants others to see him as an exciting and interesting person, who is also charming and can easily influence others. Uses his charm to increase his chances of success and gain other people's trust."

Your Actual Problem
    "Fights resistance or limitations, and insists he is free to develop in his own way. Rewarded by accomplishing things on his own, with little to no help from others."

I've done this before, different every time.

What do you mean by meaning? I'm talking about a color as a very specific symbol for something. Not vague meanings created by an individual.
    Colour is not random. Colours have spesific purposes. There are very good reasons that a strawberry is red when grown. All these things are registered by your subconsciousness throughout your life. And you will act on it, most often unaware.

Arbitrary meanings created by mentally unstable people was not what I had in mind. This may also make you produce associations, but not fully as genetically hard-wired or powerful.

For a complete picture on how these mechanisms work on your mind you must combine both the conscious aspect(the latter example) and the subconscious aspect(the former).

Keep in mind that this is light. Colours is something we have defined. They do not exist outside the human realm of thought, at least not as we as individuals experience them. But information of the matter in form of colour is made available to our eyes for ease of navigation, as it is to other species. And this information will create emotions--> the fuel you stay alive on...

There is a lot of meaning to colour. A true colourist magician could possibly blow your mind right out of your skull by coulors alone....