User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Mine was true for the most part, but there's no way I'm posting it.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Mine was true for the most part, but there's no way I'm posting it.
    Did it say that you're sappy, easily hurt, and hopelessly attracted to men with pencil mustaches?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Desires to be respected by others in order to gain their trust and support for her own personal gain.

"Searching for a life free of problems, stress, and drama. Wishes to find security and peace, so that she may relax."
    Only two parts that were remotely accurate.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP

Much like the colorgenics test, this seems like a bunch of generalized bullshit/blanket statements that could apply to mostly anyone. These results could make most people believe that they're personalized, as long as they are in the mindset that the results are authentic. Reminds me of a Facebook personality test that gave every single person the same result, and everyone exclaimed how accurate it was.

These were my results. Some seems very accurate, some doesn't at all.
    Your Existing Situation

"Works well with others, as long as he doesn't have to take the lead. Longs for relationships which are understanding and relatively conflict-free."

Your Stress Sources

Unfulfilled hopes have lead him to be cautious and mistrusting. Insists he have full control over his actions and will not let anything hold him back or stand in his way. Unwilling to give up or surrender anything and demands a promise of safety against future setbacks or loss of status. Has no hope that things will get better in the future and this negative attitude lead him to make impossible demands and refuses to come to any sort of agreement.

Your Restrained Characteristics

"Feels he is getting less than he deserves for all his hard work; however, he makes no effort to change things and tries to make the best of the situation."

"Although he is able to find contentment through sexual activity, he feels hopeless to change his problems and difficulties and continues to make the best of what he has."

"Believes his hopes and dreams are realistic and sticks to them stubbornly, even though circumstances are forcing him to compromise. Very precise in the qualities he seeks in a partner."

His arrogance causes him to take offense quickly. Only those closest to him know deep down he is sensitive and sentimental.

"Although he is able to find contentment through sexual activity, he feels hopeless to change his problems and difficulties and continues to make the best of what he has."

Your Desired Objective

"Strives for full life which includes activities and experiences, as well as, a close relationship offering sexual and emotional satisfaction."

Your Actual Problem

"Is disappointed and let down, feels there is no point in making new goals as they will leave him feeling the same way. Looking for friendly, pleasant relationships with others, who will further develop his intellect. Feels his current relationships are empty and holding him back. Reacting with an intense desire to become involved in various activities aimed at achieving his goals."

Your Actual Problem #2

"Fights resistance or limitations, and insists he is free to develop in his own way. Rewarded by accomplishing things on his own, with little to no help from others."
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Much like the colorgenics test, this seems like a bunch of generalized bullshit/blanket statements that could apply to mostly anyone. These results could make most people believe that they're personalized, as long as they are in the mindset that the results are authentic. Reminds me of a Facebook personality test that gave every single person the same result, and everyone exclaimed how accurate it was.
    It's called the Forer effect.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Your Existing Situation

"Organized and detail-oriented, he has a very precise and methodical manner. He needs relationships which offer him understanding, respect, and approval."
    +1

Your Stress Sources

"Looking to stand out in the crowd and wanting to keep his rank and status. His current situation is irritating him because he can't seem to find anybody out there who values the same high standards he does. He is feeling isolated and wants to give in to his carnal urges, but can't bring himself to appear weak in the eyes of others. Wants others to see his unique qualities and character but can't stand to come off as needy, so instead he has an ""I don't care"" attitude and pushing people away. He turns his back on those who criticizes his behavior, but beneath his indifference is a person who is in desperate need of approval."
    +1

Current events leave him feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.

"Emotionally withdrawn, feels forced to make compromises which makes emotional attachments difficult."

Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. He is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity.

Applies tough standards to his potential partner and demands an unrealistic perfection in his sex life.

Current events leave him feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.

Your Desired Objective

Seeks to be known for something he has accomplished and uses his social abilities to win people over. Emotional and sensitive and romantic.
    except for the romantic part, +1

Your Actual Problem

"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics he likes in other people and apply it to himself as well as coming across as a unique individual."
    except for the part about the borg, +1

Your Actual Problem #2

"Is disappointed and let down, feels there is no point in making new goals as they will leave him feeling the same way. Looking for friendly, pleasant relationships with others, who will further develop his intellect. He tries to escape into a fantasy world where things go his way and his desires are easier to reach."
    +/- 0
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

"Very emotional and artistic, enjoys being surrounded by beauty and art. Looking for a partner who always has an eye for beauty and who enjoys close, loving relationships."
    i guess so.

"Needs to meet people who have the same high principals and values as himself, but finds the need unfulfilled. her need to feel dominate and superior leaves her feeling isolated and does not allow for her to give freely of himself. she would like to surrender and let go, but sees that as a weakness she must not give in to. Holding back will allow her to stand out for the crowd and earn a higher status, recognized by others as unique and important."
    *principles
    *dominant.
    * interchanging use of masculine and feminine articles, wtf

..only the first part is true, and even then only partially. i'm not a dominant personality by a long shot. a more accurate reading might have been "Prone to distrusting grammatically shoddy online personality tests with vague wording".

"Demanding and picky in her relationships, but careful not to bring out conflict or disagreements and this may decrease her chances of achieving her goals and ideas."
    meh.

"Longs for a loving, caring, and supportive relationship, and fanaticizes of living in perfect harmony with others. Has a strong desire for tenderness and affection and enjoys things which are artistically pleasing to the eye."
    *fantasizes

...does this not apply to anyone, really?

"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics she likes in other people and apply it to herself as well as coming across as a unique individual."

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Your Existing Situation
    Desperately needs a close relationship with an affectionate and accepting partner; or some other way to be recognized and known.
    I guess that would be more of an everlasting situation as opposed to a recent situation, but yes.
    Your Stress Sources
    "Not a team player and is unwilling to be involved in most activities. In the past he was over involved and now emotionally drained. Due to his fear of over involvement, he now chooses to remain uninvolved with the activities around him. "
    I am involved, just against it.

"Finds satisfaction in sexual activity, but is emotionally detached which prevents him from becoming too involved."

"Believes his hopes and dreams are realistic, but needs reassurance from others. Has strict standards when looking for a partner and wants guarantees that he will not be disappointed or lose."

Current situation is leaving him doubtful and cautions about becoming intimately involved with others.
    Well, why don't you just hit the needle through it's eye?
    Your Desired Objective
    "Is very goal oriented and driven, and does not allow things to distract him from reaching his goals. Overcomes all obstacles he is faced with. Wants to gain recognition and a good reputation for his successes."
    hmm...nah...
    Your Actual Problem
    Is afraid he will be held back from obtaining the things he wants leading him to act out with a hectic intensity.
    I guess...er...looking more at it, no...

Ginkgo

Entirely true. However, I tend to suspect the Forer effect.

Your Existing Situation

Feels there are barriers between himself and the essential things he desires

Stress Sources

"Not a team player and is unwilling to be involved in most activities. In the past he was over involved and now emotionally drained. Due to his fear of over involvement, he now chooses to remain uninvolved with the activities around him. "

Restrained Characteristics

"Current situation makes him feel unable to prove himself, but tries to make the best of things."

Conceited and is easily insulted. Holds back emotionally but is able to find satisfaction through sexual activity.

He is being forced to be happiness and pleasure on hold for new due to his limiting circumstances.

Desired Objective

"Has a strong desire to contribute and influence others, but it can make him restless. He is driven by his desires and hopes. Enjoys a wide range of activities, but he may spread himself to thin taking on too much."

Actual Problem

"Fears he will be held back from achieving things he really wants, leading him to search endlessly for satisfaction and become involved in activities which are pointless."
    Ok, that last one was kind of creepy for me.

I'm incredibly drained because I have excess amounts of school work to cope with. I am currently taking a break from my homework because I am too tired and because I would rather escape into TypologyCentral.

And, as it suggests, I want to improve the lives of those around me by helping them communicate and make decisions.

Upon reading the results of others, I will refrain from objecting with the Forer theory. None of the other posts read me nearly as well as this one.

your resident asshole

Your Existing Situation
    "Searching for a close bond with others which are accepting and kind. Needs a safe, peaceful atmosphere."

Your Stress Sources
    Feeling empty and isolated from others and trying to bridge the gap between herself and others. Wants to live life to the fullest and experience as much as possible. she cannot stand any restrictions or obstacles put in her way and only longs to be free.

"Current situation makes her feel unable to prove himself, but tries to make the best of things."

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
    "Longs for tenderness and for a feeling of acceptance from a partner. Appreciates things that are beautiful, pleasing to the eye, and stylish."

Your Actual Problem
    "Prefers to be left in peace and avoids arguments, confrontation, and conflicts."

Your Actual Problem #2
    Needs to find a stable and peaceful environment which will free her of the worries that are preventing her from achieving the things she wants.
    I wonder if there are any poor saps who think these things are actually about them.