• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Right-brained or left-brained

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Left Brain Right Brain
46% 54%
Your Left Brain Percentages
40% Reality-based (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
32% Linear
30% Logical
20% Verbal
14% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages
45% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
39% Intuitive
37% Concrete
29% Fantasy-oriented
24% Holistic
19% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

P

Phantonym

Left Brain 50%
Right Brain 51%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

57% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)
37% Linear
25% Logical
20% Verbal
17% Symbolic
14% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

44% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
36% Fantasy-oriented
34% Intuitive
30% Holistic
23% Random
10% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

Being a forest ranger? Hmmm...interesting. What does one do? *Wikipedia to the rescue!*

P

Phantonym

Hold on a sec, your brain is 1% swollen. You might want to get that checked out.

Ha. I didn't even notice that. That's the result I got. What's up with me and online tests? Permanently puzzling.

Well, I guess I have a condition. That explains a lot.

DisneyGeek and riel got the same result. We're special. One extra point for the road :laugh:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Left Brain Right Brain
60% 40%

You are more left-brained than right-brained. Your left brain controls the right side of your body. In addition to being known as left-brained, you are also known as a critical thinker who uses logic and sense to collect information. You are able to retain this information through the use of numbers, words, and symbols. You usually only see parts of the "whole" picture, but this is what guides you step-by-step in a logical manner to your conclusion. Concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems are often forms of expression for you. Some occupations usually held by a left-brained person include a lab scientist, banker, judge, lawyer, mathematician, librarian, and skating judge.

Is that the sensing part in my personality or the judging part???

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Good test.

Left Brain: 52%
Right Brain: 48%

You are more left-brained than right-brained. Your left brain controls the right side of your body. In addition to being known as left-brained, you are also known as a critical thinker who uses logic and sense to collect information. You are able to retain this information through the use of numbers, words, and symbols. You usually only see parts of the "whole" picture, but this is what guides you step-by-step in a logical manner to your conclusion. Concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems are often forms of expression for you. Some occupations usually held by a left-brained person include a lab scientist, banker, judge, lawyer, mathematician, librarian, and skating judge.

48% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
35% Sequential
21% Logical
20% Verbal
17% Symbolic

55% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
32% Nonverbal
24% Holistic
24% Intuitive
20% Fantasy-oriented
12% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

Percentages are pretty accurate.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Left Brain Right Brain
43% 57%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Your left brain/right brain percentage was calculated by combining the individual scores of each half's sub-categories. They are as follows:

53% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
25% Symbolic
25% Logical
20% Verbal
18% Sequential

46% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
44% Nonverbal
42% Holistic
34% Random
32% Fantasy-oriented
15% Intuitive (Your least dominant characteristic)

deleted
Left Brain 39% Right Brain 61%

42% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
27% Sequential
16% Linear
14% Reality-based
9% Symbolic
7% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

57% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
50% Nonverbal (I assume that means I'm not verbal)
36% Holistic
20% Intuitive
12% Random

I'm such an odd INTJ. Oop.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Left Brain 51% Right Brain 49%

54% Reality-based (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
27% Verbal
25% Logical
22% Sequential
11% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

36% Holistic (Your most dominant characteristic)
32% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
24% Intuitive
19% Concrete
17% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

Okay, is it just me or are Linear and Random opposing traits, so how could somebody be really low in both of them and still be able to process stuff well at all?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Left Brain: 26%
Right Brain: 74%

I thought this was one of the better left/right tests.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain
54% 46%

54% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Sequential
34% Reality-based
25% Symbolic
22% Linear
17% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

40% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Intuitive
25% Nonverbal
23% Random
18% Holistic

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a question: Does being left or right-brained have anything to do with type?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain ..... Right Brain
54% ............ 46%

Your complete evaluation follows below:

42% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Verbal
40% Reality-based
34% Symbolic
22% Linear
18% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

37% Intuitive (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Concrete
32% Fantasy-oriented
30% Holistic
25% Nonverbal
06% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Left Brain Right Brain
54% 46%

60% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
47% Reality-based
40% Sequential
30% Logical
27% Linear
17% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

39% Intuitive (Your most dominant characteristic)
36% Holistic
32% Nonverbal
29% Fantasy-oriented
28% Random
28% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Left Brain Right Brain
43% 57%

47% Reality-based (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
27% Linear
18% Sequential
14% Verbal
13% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

64% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
44% Fantasy-oriented
38% Nonverbal
20% Intuitive
18% Holistic
12% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

Their breakdown of profile characteristics do not fit me :dry:

P

Phantonym

I have a question: Does being left or right-brained have anything to do with type?

That's a good question. Now where are those analytical Ts when needed to come up with a correlation?

My guess is that there are yet again too many variables to consider. Not enough data for conclusive results.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

Left Brain Right Brain
42% 58%

Your complete evaluation follows below:
Upcoming Events

Attending one of our school events is a fantastic way to get a feel for the school and have many of your questions answered.

View all upcoming events
Register now

Speak to an Admissions
Representative

Find out in one hour:
» The type of designer you want to be
» The program that best matches
your interests
» How to apply for admission
» About all your finance options
» The entry-level positions that exist in
your field of study

Set an Appointment

Your left brain/right brain percentage was calculated by combining the individual scores of each half's sub-categories. They are as follows:

40% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
32% Linear
25% Logical
22% Sequential
20% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

50% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
48% Fantasy-oriented
39% Random
39% Intuitive
24% Holistic

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

Yep. Us and most Ne types (NPs) come out strong right-brain normally. Js are often left-brain (from what I noticed). My score is weird, I´m normally not that much left, though I have the flu so I was probably not with it enough when I answered :).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Left Brain 52%

Right Brain 48%

59% Symbolic (Your most dominant characteristic)
47% Reality-based
42% Logical
35% Sequential
16% Linear
7% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

48% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
46% Concrete
28% Random
24% Holistic
24% Intuitive
19% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

...though I am still right-brained according to the spinning dancer. My results are always very even.