User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I think that while opposites tend to bring more challenges to the table to provide more potential for growth (and thus more sustenance in time) , the resources and energy required for overcoming those challenges tend to drain your means for overcoming other obstacles in your life. You reap what you sew, so if you're having excessive trouble actually working through your differences to the point where you're not reaping very many fruits, then maybe being too oppositional is a bad thing. Of course it's relative to individual circumstances, not all of which can be considered, so relationships are always a gamble unless you have a steady gauge on how happy you really are.
    I am with someone who is NOT my complete opposite... he came out as a King

all of the personality compatibility theories are bullshit in my opinions... nothing ever says that we should be compatible, but we have the same goals and wants out of life on the important things, and both of us have strengths that are the others' weaknesses in some ways, so it tends to work out quite pleasantly
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    all of the personality compatibility theories are bullshit
    Fixed.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Fixed.
    well, yeah... that too, but I've posted plenty about that elsewhere on the site and didn't want to sound like a broken record player
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

46.2% Lover, 38.5% Magician, 7.7% Warrior, and 7.7% King.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Look out, Michelangelo—You are predominately a Lover!

You also possess aspects of the Warrior, King/Queen, and Magician personalities and your complete personality profile can be described as 38.5% Lover, 30.8% Warrior, 23.1% King/Queen, and 7.7% Magician.

Creative, intuitive, and deeply caring, your mind and spirit are open and capable of expressing deep meaning in the world. You represent the artists and nurturers of society—the romantics, the insightful poets and writers, the musicians and painters, the fools who make us laugh with joy—and your gifts of art and mystery resonate powerfully.

While nurturing like a King and Queen, and artistic like a Magician, you sometimes lack the ability to speak up and stand your ground, and have a tendency to be passive and introverted.

In the top right quadrant of the spectrum, your personality reflects your strong emotional sense of well-being. Your style of thinking tends to be more right-brained—creative, intuitive, holistic, and spontaneous.

Located on other end of the spectrum, your perfect opposite is an assertive and analytical Warrior.

STRENGTHS
    Creative
    Caring
    Idealistic

WEAKNESSES
    Passive
    Lazy
    Over-sensitive
    No argument here, that seems fairly spot on. Granted I can't say for sure that I would necessarily attracted to a warrior per-se, although perhaps once I actually manage to find a date in my life I'll know how well I interact with other kinds of people (note: that does not mean I buy into compatibility personality theory, especially when is offers the old adage of 'opposites attract'; I certainly would never date a TypeA, Conservative, Realist, who is opposed to what I beleive in. In fact I'd rather date someone who was a clone of me. Yes, I'm narcissistic).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Look out, Michelangelo—You are predominately a Lover!

You also possess aspects of the Magician and King/Queen personalities and your complete personality profile can be described as 53.8% Lover, 38.5% Magician, and 7.7% King/Queen.*

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I am with someone who is NOT my complete opposite... he came out as a King

all of the personality compatibility theories are bullshit in my opinions... nothing ever says that we should be compatible, but we have the same goals and wants out of life on the important things, and both of us have strengths that are the others' weaknesses in some ways, so it tends to work out quite pleasantly
    My thoughts too.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    My thoughts too.
    great minds must think alike!

I'm not letting any damned tests tell me how to live my life... a few letters or a cute title mean NOTHING... NOTHING, I say!

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I agree with what ginkgo said. Is not the formula for love attraction + common experience + enjoy similar activities?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Your complete personality profile can be described as
    38.5% King/Queen, 38.5% Lover, 15.4% Warrior, and 7.7% Magician.

King/Queen
    Like the greatest rulers in history, Kings and Queens bring people together with knowledge and nurturing

Protective, orderly, and wise, you're a disciplined leader and an excellent advisor who likes to make and play by the rules. While you prefer to oversee and issue commands without necessarily being the one to carry them out, you're also very compassionate and nurturing—sometimes to a fault of being passive. A lover of learning characterized by wisdom, you enjoy giving advice and others often seek it from you.

At your best within the confines of your own "castle," you prefer that which is safe, secure, and known. No surprise then that you're most comfortable interacting one-on-one with those you love or want to know better, and that your confidence looses steam in new situations.

Located in the upper left quadrant of this spectrum, your personality reflects your strong emotional sense of well-being. Your style of thinking tends to be more left-brained— logical, sequential, rational, and objective

Attractions
    Located on other end of the spectrum, your perfect opposite is an assertive and creative Magician.

To find out if someone is a Magician, test their performance ability: get their attention, count down from three to one, then say "You're on!" If they break into any kind of performance or entertaining public display, you have found a Magician. You've also given that person exactly the positive emotional energy they need.
    Advice
    Learn to let go, dare to dream, and take action without certainty about the outcome.

Creative, Caring, Idealistic, Passive, Lazy, Over-sensitive

Lover
    With a gift for art and mystery, Lovers share a deeper meaning and vision of the world.

Creative, intuitive, and deeply caring, your mind and spirit are open and capable of expressing deep meaning in the world. You represent the artists and nurturers of society—the romantics, the insightful poets and writers, the musicians and painters, the fools who make us laugh with joy—and your gifts of art and mystery resonate powerfully.

While nurturing like a King and Queen, and artistic like a Magician, you sometimes lack the ability to speak up and stand your ground, and have a tendency to be passive and introverted.

In the top right quadrant of the spectrum, your personality reflects your strong emotional sense of well-being. Your style of thinking tends to be more right-brained—creative, intuitive, holistic, and spontaneous.

Attractions
    Located on other end of the spectrum, your perfect opposite is an assertive and analytical Warrior.

To find out if someone is a Warrior, approach them carefully and in respectful body posture. Then in a funny or flirtatious tone, say "I feel your power." If they warm up to you immediately and respond to your regard for their status and rank, you have found a Warrior. You've also given that person exactly the positive emotional energy they need.
    Advice
    Learn to fight for what's right, dare to stand alone and be disagreed with, and discover that serious pursuits are not impossible.

Analytical, Nurturing, Wise, Passive, Judgmental, Egotistical
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism