User Tag List

123 Last

Default Programmer Personality Test

IInspired by this thread

Programmer Personality Test - Game Producer Resource

I am wondering what Wolf believes is ideal fo the type of stuff he works on.

I haven't been a programmer in a long while, but I am:

Your programmer personality type is:

PHTC

You're a Planner.
    You may be slow, but you'll usually find the best solution. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

You like coding at a High level.
    The world is made up of objects and components, you should create your programs in the same way.

You work best in a Team.
    A good group is better than the sum of it's parts. The only thing better than a genius programmer is a cohesive group of genius programmers.

You are a Conservative programmer.
    The less code you write, the less chance there is of it containing a bug. You write short and to the point code that gets the job done efficiently.
    Last edited by ygolo; 09-09-2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Seriously, preview and posting code should be the same

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I'm hung up on 5, you can't make a sweeping statement here because both are valuable in different cases.

Alright, I'll go with my instinct:

PLSC

You're a Planner.
    You may be slow, but you'll usually find the best solution. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

You like coding at a Low level.
    You're from the old school of programming and believe that you should have an intimate relationship with the computer. You don't mind juggling registers around and spending hours getting a 5% performance increase in an algorithm.

You work best in a Solo situation.
    The best way to program is by yourself. There's no communication problems, you know every part of the code allowing you to write the best programs possible.

You are a Conservative programmer.
    The less code you write, the less chance there is of it containing a bug. You write short and to the point code that gets the job done efficiently.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I'm hung up on 5, you can't make a sweeping statement here because both are valuable in different cases.
    Well that sort of stuff happens on every personality test.

Is this one different for some reason?

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Well that sort of stuff happens on every personality test.

Is this one different for some reason?
    You're uncertain about some? I was uncertain about very few of them.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

You're uncertain about some? I was uncertain about very few of them.
    Almost all of the questions I was unsure of because, the answers depend on the scope, purpose, complexity and longevity of the solution being created.

Robot Fusion

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Almost all of the questions I was unsure of because, the answers depend on the scope, purpose, complexity and longevity of the solution being created.
    We have lost sync.

We have lost sync.
    You meant personality tests, not the questions on this one?

Then the MBTI-like tend to have a lot of questions where I would want to answer, "it depends", but I still think I do one choice more than the others on average.

Robot Fusion

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Luckily I actually knew what most of the questions meant. (I've just done very beginner level programming.)

got DHSC.

edit: Question 5 threw me also, it's the one where I didn't know what it was about.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I tested as a DLTB.

MBTI
    INTP

DLSB

You're a Doer.
    You are very quick at getting tasks done. You believe the outcome is the most important part of a task and the faster you can reach that outcome the better. After all, time is money.

You like coding at a Low level.
    You're from the old school of programming and believe that you should have an intimate relationship with the computer. You don't mind juggling registers around and spending hours getting a 5% performance increase in an algorithm.

You work best in a Solo situation.
    The best way to program is by yourself. There's no communication problems, you know every part of the code allowing you to write the best programs possible.

You are a liBeral programmer.
    Programming is a complex task and you should use white space and comments as freely as possible to help simplify the task. We're not writing on paper anymore so we can take up as much room as we need.