User Tag List

First 456

What happened to Hoth?

I was enjoying the interaction. It would have been fun to meet him IRL.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not a programmer but I did the test anyway having spent enough time around programmers to grok most of it. The D, S and C seems accurate in terms of how I run my projects at work. The L is somewhat arbitrary having never programmed, and the programmers I know IRL tend to use more obscure languages, not the ones listed in the test. I picked the uncommented program given I could grok it without the comments. The commented one seemed way too annoying to read and explained stuff that didn't need explaining. I prefer lots of white space though as it's easier to read quickly.

DLSC

Doer.
    You are very quick at getting tasks done. You believe the outcome is the most important part of a task and the faster you can reach that outcome the better. After all, time is money.

Low level.
    You're from the old school of programming and believe that you should have an intimate relationship with the computer. You don't mind juggling registers around and spending hours getting a 5% performance increase in an algorithm.

Solo situation.
    The best way to program is by yourself. There's no communication problems, you know every part of the code allowing you to write the best programs possible.

Conservative programmer.
    The less code you write, the less chance there is of it containing a bug. You write short and to the point code that gets the job done efficiently.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

. "Can you code us a simple IMAP client and what do you need for it ?" - "Yes of course, I just need notepad +gcc-compiler !" (3 years later) "I am ALL DONE !" v

Your programmer personality type is:

DLSC

You're a Doer.
    You are very quick at getting tasks done. You believe the outcome is the most important part of a task and the faster you can reach that outcome the better. After all, time is money.

You like coding at a Low level.
    You're from the old school of programming and believe that you should have an intimate relationship with the computer. You don't mind juggling registers around and spending hours getting a 5% performance increase in an algorithm.

You work best in a Solo situation.
    The best way to program is by yourself. There's no communication problems, you know every part of the code allowing you to write the best programs possible.

You are a Conservative programmer.
    The less code you write, the less chance there is of it containing a bug. You write short and to the point code that gets the job done efficiently
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

I was typed as a PHSB. I've been programming for about 13 years now, but with one year of professional experience. The solo designation is something I'd be inclined to disagree with, especially with some experience in a paired programming environment. Heck, up until a few years ago, I was more of a DLSC.

MBTI
    I

I got DLSC.

DLSC

You're a Doer.

The less code you write, the less chance there is of it containing a bug. You write short and to the point code that gets the job done efficiently.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

DLSC

You're a Doer.

Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ENTP

It matches me pretty well, but it was a horrible test.

Also, I don't think anyone can say they always prefer working solo or always prefer working in teams, both styles are useful in certain situations.

Your programmer personality type is:

DHSB

You're a Doer.

You like coding at a High level.
    The world is made up of objects and components, you should create your programs in the same way.

You are a liBeral programmer.
    Programming is a complex task and you should use white space and comments as freely as possible to help simplify the task. We're not writing on paper anymore so we can take up as much room as we need.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.