User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Exclamation

I just passed this test. First time I am ever declared a T type (INTJ). !!! I always get INFJ.

Enneagram
    4w5

Please don't think me a wet blanket (Ok, fine, I am a wet blanket), but I already foresaw two major problems with this test:

1) Since you can check two answers, it's harder than ever to account for the difference between what you are and what you aspire to be. I bet many people selected what they would like to be along with what they actually are. This is a significant problem on any personality "test" but on this one, it seems more pronounced than ever. Feelers could become thinkers, and thinkers could become feelers due to this.

2)Way too many false dichotomies.

---------------------------------------------------

A few individual questions that bugged me (Most of the questions did, by the way):

16. Do you prefer:

(a) being in full control of your life
    (b) enjoy doing lots of different social activities
    (c) let life happen - go with the flow

I'm not exactly sure what this is trying to test.. P vs J most likely, but answer b seems kindof random.

However, someone selecting c does not automatically make them a P. What if you come to a rational conclusion that it is foolish to entertain the thoughts that you could control life. Stuff happens. What we can control is how we respond to the stuff that happens. You could be 100% J and subscribe to that philosophy.

---------------------------------------------------

20. When looking at a piece of art, do you generally:
    (a) just like or dislike it without reasons
    (b) look at it as possible inspiration
    (c) assess it

I think this is supposed to test thinker vs. feeler.

I guess a) is supposed to mean "feeler", while c) is supposed to mean thinker. But what if someone has a rational reason for choosing a)?

How exactly does one assess art? Oh sure we can argue from a historical perspective(this era used x, that era used y), we can appeal to authority ( the old Masters did it this way) etc. but there is no set in stone objective criteria when it comes to art.

Assessing it ultimately comes down to whether you liked it or not, and only after you decided one way or another, can you begin to gather reasons to support your conclusion.

For example, someone shows me a painting which comprises of dried fecal matter plastered on to a white canvas. I will first decide that I hate it (a) and then I will begin to assess it (c), and give reasons for why I hated it (the smell, the fact that I prefer artists use paint instead of bodily excretions etc).

The assessing (answer c) comes after you decide whether you liked it or not (answer a)

So a and c presents a false dichotomy, and is a poor way, in my opinion, to determine if someone is a thinker vs. a feeler.

---------------------------------------------------------

Of course, you could argue that I'm just over-thinking things and that makes me a thinker.

If you're curious, I got INTJ as usual, with a high Intuition score (I'm usually 100% N)

Introversion (I): 11 versus Extroversion (E): 3
    Sensing (S): 2 versus Intuition (N): 18
    Thinking (T): 11 versus Feeling (F): 4
    Judging (J): 7 versus Perceiving (P): 5
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

MBTI
    ESFJ

(I): 13 (E): 3
    (S): 10 (N): 3
    (T): 6 (F): 8
    (J): 8 (P): 11

Making your MBTI code:
    I S F P

*Sigh*
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Introversion (I): 10 Extroversion (E): 10
    Sensing (S): 14 Intuition (N): 17
    Thinking (T): 14 Feeling (F): 5
    Judging (J): 7 Perceiving (P): 9

My Type XTNP Looks like JAVO pegged me right from the beginning! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    20. When looking at a piece of art, do you generally:
    (a) just like or dislike it without reasons
    (b) look at it as possible inspiration
    (c) assess it

I think this is supposed to test thinker vs. feeler.

I guess a) is supposed to mean "feeler", while c) is supposed to mean thinker. But what if someone has a rational reason for choosing a)?

How exactly does one assess art? Oh sure we can argue from a historical perspective(this era used x, that era used y), we can appeal to authority ( the old Masters did it this way) etc. but there is no set in stone objective criteria when it comes to art.

Assessing it ultimately comes down to whether you liked it or not, and only after you decided one way or another, can you begin to gather reasons to support your conclusion.

For example, someone shows me a painting which comprises of dried fecal matter plastered on to a white canvas. I will first decide that I hate it (a) and then I will begin to assess it (c), and give reasons for why I hated it (the smell, the fact that I prefer artists use paint instead of bodily excretions etc).

The assessing (answer c) comes after you decide whether you liked it or not (answer a)

So a and c presents a false dichotomy, and is a poor way, in my opinion, to determine if someone is a thinker vs. a feeler.
    When I go to a museum I usually scan the room for one or two pieces that stick out to me and then spend sometimes an hour just looking and evaluating that one piece. I spend a lot of time contemplating the balance of color and line. Do the lines seem stable and horizontal or slanted and full of movement. Where are they drawing the eye and what was the artist's purpose in this? How do the colors used affect the tone/mood of the painting. What is the artist trying to tell me here? Do I agree or disagree? How does the technique used support the over all vision?

Not even an iota of all the things that go through my head but suffice to say I "asses" the painting based on technique, composition, color, historical significance and world-view relevant at time of painting and I'm not even an artist. A lot of people HATE going to the museum with me because they just go . . . ooooh! I like the pretty colors or Ugh! I hate modern art and move on immediately to the next painting.

So I find myself assessing, art, books, movies, commercials on a daily basis and driving everyone around me nuts!!!! And is there ever a "rational" reason for simply stating, "I like it, I don't know why or want to think about it, I just do?" I find that you can constructively critique a painting and find value in it even if you don't particularly like it yourself.

MBTI
    GONE

Default LOL

Results

Introversion (I): 15
    versus
    Extroversion (E): 17
    Sensing (S): 7
    versus
    Intuition (N): 19
    Thinking (T): 15
    versus
    Feeling (F): 6
    Judging (J): 10
    versus
    Perceiving (P): 15
    Making your MBTI code:

E N T P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

ISTP, huh?

Introversion (I): 13
    Extroversion (E): 3

Sensing (S): 8
    Intuition (N): 3

Thinking (T): 9
    Feeling (F): 7

Judging (J): 5
    Perceiving (P): 13

Very I, very S, very P, barely T. Can't say I think that's accurate.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i only had my type right once before this from type test(out of about 5 times).

usually i got intj with about 55 I, 7x N, 80-100 T and 5x J

i got these results from this

Introversion (I): 15 versus Extroversion (E): 4
    Sensing (S): 13 versus Intuition (N): 18
    Thinking (T): 12 versus Feeling (F): 10
    Judging (J): 5 versus Perceiving (P): 17
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I actually think it's pretty good; it got my type right. And not knowing what exactly each question tried to measure, made it more difficult to manipulate the result with the type I am/think I am.

Results
    Introversion (I): 8
    versus
    Extroversion (E): 13
    Sensing (S): 6
    versus
    Intuition (N): 18
    Thinking (T): 10
    versus
    Feeling (F): 11
    Judging (J): 11
    versus
    Perceiving (P): 7

Making your MBTI code:
    E N F J

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Introversion (I): 2
    versus
    Extroversion (E): 9
    Sensing (S): 3
    versus
    Intuition (N): 16
    Thinking (T): 0
    versus
    Feeling (F): 17
    Judging (J): 3
    versus
    Perceiving (P): 10

Thats interesting because i'm not sure i felt very happy with some of the questions, i had a feeling they were made by a t type but then i still got ENFP
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"