User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I generally suck at maths, but these are visual patterns, with visual addition and subtraction. It's quite different to the real thing, it allows you to try to visualize the answer, I love it
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I love these online tests. Visual intelligence is definitely a huge weak spot for me, but even I was able to swing a 59/60 (138) on this one. I think anyone who takes the test will probably end up in the 95th percentile. What a wonderful little ego boost.
    Yep, it usually turns out that most of the people who take online IQ tests have extremely high IQs in the first place, and therefore end up in the 95th+ percentile
    ...but that has all changed. This test is perhaps a good enough one to show that not everyone here is in the top .001% percentile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I thought I was smart, until now...

Oh well, at least I got three digits

Now I'm haunted by my mediocrity for ever...
    90th percentile and IQ 100? 100 is 50th percentile. That cannot be...

Quote Originally Posted by nasmoe View Post
    I got 83

Often the hardest part of these visual tests is to guess the instructions correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Both knots out of the inner circle: you have to add. Some of them out, others inside: you have to extract.

3-4=-1
    2+1=3
    5-3=x

x=2

The test seems to rank people according to their efficiency (I -> II+ -> II etc.)
    Wow, I actually guessed that instruction right

But I'm still not sure how the test measures people's efficiency...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Yep, it usually turns out that most of the people who take online IQ tests have extremely high IQs in the first place, and therefore end up in the 95th+ percentile
    ...but that has all changed. This test is perhaps a good enough one to show that not everyone here is in the top .001% percentile.
    I think that most of the people taking online IQ tests are bored, insecure or both. Therefore, they're patient enough to take the test to see the results.

90th percentile and IQ 100? 100 is 50th percentile. That cannot be...
    I was curious enough to take the test again -

Respuestas correctas: 56/60
    Percentil: 95
    Cociente Intelectual: Muy superior al término medio
    Rango: I
    IQ: 132

Can't say that I put more effort in it this time. This shows that tests (whether online or offline) should be taken with a grain of salt. Computer glitch or not, I can't say that I feel any different than I did before

Banned

I think that most of the people taking online IQ tests are bored, insecure or both. Therefore, they're patient enough to take the test to see the results.
    Guilty as charged on both counts. Very bored and mildly insecure.

Phantonym

Maybe it's all about the time people need to complete the test. You're obviously more efficient if you complete the test quicker with accurate answers.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I enjoy spatial tests so I will take them if they're heavy in that department. Reading, writing and words are not my strong suit, in fact I feel very uncomfortable in that realm. I'm much better with math but still not very strong.

Spatial and social things however I do VERY well with so I just like doing them if I see one I think is interesting.

Phantonym

You're right, Samvega. I should have included curiosity and entertainment as well

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Efficiency? o_O Is that what Rango means? I don't know spanish.

There is no way that thing can accurately gauge efficiency. Page loading was awful. For the most part, it takes longer for the image to load than for me to figure out the answer.

Also I think the test creator is Ni dominant. The questions are ordered in a particular manner. It's like the same strategy is used for each question with a slight twist. The more difficult ones are built on the preceding easier one. If the order was scrambled it would have taken me more time to figure out the answers.

Also interesting to see the 18-24 range has a easier time answering visual IQ questions than any other age group. (Based on needing higher # of questions correct for the same IQ level as other groups). Shift in thinking approach of Gen Y?

Nombre: nightning
    Respuestas correctas: 60/60
    Percentil: 95
    Cociente Intelectual: Muy superior al término medio
    Rango: I
    IQ: 140 (o mayor)
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ISFP

I took the same test several times in the past, but they didn't give me my result. However, I was happy with my IQ. Here it is:

T E S T D E R A V E N

Gracias por realizar el Test...

Estos son tus resultados:

Nombre: riel
    Respuestas correctas: 53/60
    Percentil: 90
    Cociente Intelectual: Superior al término medio
    Rango: II+
    IQ: 117
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Efficiency? o_O Is that what Rango means? I don't know spanish.
    It could be "range" perhaps, so these numbers could be another way to express the deviation from the average score. That's what I meant by "efficiency", but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Also interesting to see the 18-24 range has a easier time answering visual IQ questions than any other age group. (Based on needing higher # of questions correct for the same IQ level as other groups). Shift in thinking approach of Gen Y?
    That age group had always the best mental abilities, but IQ is calculated in a way that it remains constant from maturity until death. A 20 year old person has to score better to achieve the same IQ in every test, it has nothing to do with generations.