User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: NEW MBTI TEST

Default NEW MBTI TEST

Hey Guys,

Just finished the beta of my new mbti test. The idea is to make it shorter and more accurate using machine learning algorithms similar to 20Q.net Inc.

Please get as many people as you can, to take the test - as the AI should improve over time, as more people take it and it has a larger data set to draw from.

Open to any suggestions you guys might have regarding the descriptions or anything else. I have bunch of questions that are better than in the system currently, but we aren't going to add them in for a few more days.

Here is the test Hidden Psyche

Nice
    And very diplomatic, too, at the end it allowed me choose myself between 2 types, rather than simply piss me off by mistyping me
    But, seriously, the way you input answers is really cool

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"Accurate perception of the environment" was a rather odd way to connote "Sensing." It throws people off, I think -- everyone would say they want to be "accurate" rather than wrong.

I don't know how fond I am of the binary choices. Most of the time it was obvious what was being asked for, and sometimes the choices don't fit. (Which I suppose the "I don't know" was supposed to catch... but still.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just finished the beta of my new mbti test. The idea is to make it shorter and more accurate using machine learning algorithms similar to 20Q.net Inc.

Please get as many people as you can, to take the test - as the AI should improve over time, as more people take it and it has a larger data set to draw from.

Open to any suggestions you guys might have regarding the descriptions or anything else. I have bunch of questions that are better than in the system currently, but we aren't going to add them in for a few more days.

Here is the test Hidden Psyche
    holy shit, i'm an ENTP.

so, let's see, it's accurate as far as i'm concerned. i'll terrorize others as they come into my space and have them take it too. one, to help you, two, to see if they complain of having trouble understanding the choices (i knew what you meant, but others may not. i've seen that problem happen many times with these MBTI tests.), and three because that's what they get for coming into my space.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTJ

Awesome

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, the idea is great, although I would change some details.

MBTI
    ENTP

okay, first subject came along...

results:

her response to Q1: "what's the difference between objective and personal?"

since i could see where that was going, i decided to wait for the next victim. that's what i was worried about. that without examples or 'easier words', it may be too difficult for many to bother with, and if they do, they may do a lot of guessing.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    okay, first subject came along...

results:

her response to Q1: "what's the difference between objective and personal?"

since i could see where that was going, i decided to wait for the next victim. that's what i was worried about. that without examples or 'easier words', it may be too difficult for many to bother with, and if they do, they may do a lot of guessing.

Yeah, I see your point. The idea though, is that over time, the software will weed out the less accurate or predictive questions after enough people take the test. It will naturally know which questions work best over time that it will pull from it's database.

I also want to have a feature eventually where users can submit their own questions, and darwinian evolution of the system will make the good questions rise to the top and the bad ones slowly recede.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Yeah, I see your point. The idea though, is that over time, the software will weed out the less accurate or predictive questions after enough people take the test. It will naturally know which questions work best over time that it will pull from it's database.

I also want to have a feature eventually where users can submit their own questions, and darwinian evolution of the system will make the good questions rise to the top and the bad ones slowly recede.
    i wonder how long it'll take to know it's pretty much an accurate test.

i want to make sure i'm around when it happens, so i can have friends retake it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i wonder how long it'll take to know it's pretty much an accurate test.

i want to make sure i'm around when it happens, so i can have friends retake it.
    The engineers said it would need roughly a sample size of 5,000 before it gets good at all.