User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NEW MBTI TEST

Some of you may find this interesting.

The test has had over 2,000 people take it so far and the accuracy rate has been steadily improving on a daily basis. Thanks again for all those who particapated as well as forwarding it to your friends!!

9/5 was when I updated the descriptions - the original ones were written by someone who didn't know mbti and we only released it to a small internal group for troubleshooting purposes.

With our custom question feature (coming in a week or so) and possibly lengthening the test, we should increase accruacy even further.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Default Sounds about right.

I scored as an INTJ or INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFP

It gave me a choice between INFP and ENFP, what I found weird was how well the ENFP description fit me 10yrs ago, and how much the INFP one fits me today, either way this was so fitting from the INFP description:

and even though they like affirmation from others, they would sacrifice acceptance for freedom of thought
    Took me long enough, but damn true.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ

well, it pegged me as an INFJ

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    It gave me a choice between INFP and ENFP, what I found weird was how well the ENFP description fit me 10yrs ago, and how much the INFP one fits me today, either way this was so fitting from the INFP description:

Took me long enough, but damn true.
    It also gave me the choice of ENFJ or INFJ.

MBTI
    ????

I got INFJ O_O
    and actually it sounds pretty true.
    but I am sooo confuzzled, I'm like XXXX!
    every profile can sound like me in some way.
    I think the only thing that's definate about me is the F.
    check out what I got about me...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    I got INFJ O_O
    and actually it sounds pretty true.
    but I am sooo confuzzled, I'm like XXXX!
    every profile can sound like me in some way.
    I think the only thing that's definate about me is the F.
    check out what I got about me...

Maybe you could try to see if other distinctions are clearer.

Are you more Abstract or Concrete (N-S in clearer terns for me)? Are you more Directive or Informative? Are you more an Artisan or and Idealist? What is your preferred interaction style? ...

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Some of you may find this interesting.

The test has had over 2,000 people take it so far and the accuracy rate has been steadily improving on a daily basis. Thanks again for all those who particapated as well as forwarding it to your friends!!

9/5 was when I updated the descriptions - the original ones were written by someone who didn't know mbti and we only released it to a small internal group for troubleshooting purposes.

With our custom question feature (coming in a week or so) and possibly lengthening the test, we should increase accruacy even further.
    Who's writing the descriptions? This is just a suggestion but they could be more neutral in tone. Same thing with the ENFJ description and liking their morality to be compromised. Was that a typo?

Here's what the ESFJ description says:

ESFJs have excellent memories and are extremely organized - almost to the point of being obsessive compulsive...
    Maybe its just me, but I'm really sensitive to how people word things and that extra special something above is unnecessary. It looks biased to liken a type's natural traits to mental disorders, that's just wrong. It might be helpful to post the test questions so we can look them over for neutrality of descriptions.

Is there a list of all of the type descriptions so someone can go through and read all of them?

Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Accurate perception of the environment" was a rather odd way to connote "Sensing." It throws people off, I think -- everyone would say they want to be "accurate" rather than wrong.

I don't know how fond I am of the binary choices. Most of the time it was obvious what was being asked for, and sometimes the choices don't fit. (Which I suppose the "I don't know" was supposed to catch... but still.)
    It is not only odd, it is wrong. The thing has nothing to do with S.

Perception > P

I had an ISTJ friend. Did he perceive the environment accurately? He did not perceive it at all. When we were walking on the street, did he notice the passers by who hailed at him, people he knew? Never.

One day, when I was reading in the library, he came and sat down right there beside me. Did he notice me? No. Did he notice me when I left ten minutes later? No.

I had an INTJ friend. It was the same thing with him. He was totally oblivious about his surroundings.

Never allow a J in the witness box.

MBTI
    ENFP

I took this test twice.

First time: ENFJ and ENFP

Second time: ENFJ, no secondary

Well, I guess that settles it! :-)