User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NEW MBTI TEST

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I really like the test (logistics). Though the I don't like some of the questions. I just don't like binary choices. Plus I hate the assumption that S is always practical and N is never practical. There is a quite a bit of overlap and N can be quite practical when applied a certain way. For example, obsessing over fashion would be an impractical S behavior, but planning for the future would be a practical N behavior.

The first time, I scored ESXP, probably because I chose "practical" as one of my answers. The second time I took it, I got XNFP.

I also don't like the binary choices between extraversion and introversion. It's possible to be a shy extravert or an outgoing introvert.

When you choose "I don't know" for every question, it types you are INTJ or ENFJ.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't understand, though, the test didn't seem much different than any of the other online tests. Can someone explain to me the innovation?
    There's an algorithm that teases out the most accurately discriminatory questions. (Lateralus, this means the best questions will win eventually.)

And is the real MBTI supposed to be short like that?
    One of many beautiful features is that the test will only be as long as necessary. If you answer consistently, the algorithm won't need to ask you very many questions in order to determine a dimension.

I could eulogize for hours but unfortunately I don't have time right now.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I scored as an INFJ.

The possible other ones were: ENFJ, INFP, & ISFJ.

Cool test MLC thanks .
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I really like the test (logistics). Though the I don't like some of the questions. I just don't like binary choices. Plus I hate the assumption that S is always practical and N is never practical. There is a quite a bit of overlap and N can be quite practical when applied a certain way. For example, obsessing over fashion would be an impractical S behavior, but planning for the future would be a practical N behavior.

The first time, I scored ESXP, probably because I chose "practical" as one of my answers. The second time I took it, I got XNFP.

I also don't like the binary choices between extraversion and introversion. It's possible to be a shy extravert or an outgoing introvert.

When you choose "I don't know" for every question, it types you are INTJ or ENFJ.
    In terms of MBTI, though, practicality is antonymous with imagination. The Sensor is practical in that he is more in tune with reality, while the Intuitive is more in tune with his own imagined reality.

Another difference is that the Sensor is more accepting of their surroundings, giving them an edge of being adaptable, while the Intuitive wants to make changes himself or retreat into their imaginations.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    In terms of MBTI, though, practicality is antonymous with imagination. The Sensor is practical in that he is more in tune with reality, while the Intuitive is more in tune with his own imagined reality.

Another difference is that the Sensor is more accepting of their surroundings, giving them an edge of being adaptable, while the Intuitive wants to make changes himself or retreat into their imaginations.
    But the questions aren't that deep. The internet tests I've seen attempt to turn a continuum into a dichotomy. There is some "practicality" to both S and N. It all depends on your perspective. There must be a better way to measure S/N preferences than other tests have demonstrated.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

Nice test, it typed me right.

I noticed a spelling mistake -- it talks about "people you feel close too" instead of "people you feel close to". Something like that. No big deal.

It scored me INTJ, with a choice for INFJ even though I was really indecisive on the test.

Could be. After some thought, and reading the Understanding Yourself and Other series, I decided I was an INTP.

I am curious. Supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised learning?

What style of algorithm?
    Evolutionary computing (Genetic Algorithm, strategy, etc.), classifier system, neural network, or just straight data mining?

No offense, but I'll be amazed if this works.

Still, good luck.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

GirlAmerica

Short and sweet.

You are a Scientist: Also known as INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I thought you didn't think one's type could change in one's lifetime?

MLC: I liked this test quite well. It's the first MBTI test I've taken where I found myself thinking on every question, "Well that's a no-brainer."
    Mine did.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

At first I thought it wrong to have been evaluated as INT*, because I have used to seeing I/E associated with shyness, social insecurity or outgoingness. I think there is a division in how different theories measure and define person's preference in the I/E scale.

I took another test in Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes that also evaluated me as INTP, so at least the tests measure the same, and it can't be just considered as a measuring error.

So I'd say that perhaps that test is accurate, it was fast and fun to do, and gave the same results as a much longer test!