User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: NEW MBTI TEST

MBTI
    INTJ

INTP. Had INTJ, INFP, ENTP, INFJ, and ISTP listed as secondary options.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I tested as ENFJ... close enough for a beta, but I'm probably not an ENFJ. Unless of course I've been severely pressured into not using Fe throughout my life... But I don't really think so.

Also, it said that ENFJ's are "happier in situations where their morality is compromised?" Did you let a very bitter IxTP write that description?

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I tested as ENFJ... close enough for a beta, but I'm probably not an ENFJ. Unless of course I've been severely pressured into not using Fe throughout my life... But I don't really think so.

Also, it said that ENFJ's are "happier in situations where their morality is compromised?" Did you let a very bitter IxTP write that description?
    I noticed that too, but I just disregarded it, lol.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    I don't like reticent and garrulous because I'm not sure what % of the population knows what those words mean. I guess we could have a third option - don't know what those mean I see you're point about the format.
    Oh, understood. I was being silly. MBTI fans, however, can usually spot the purpose most questions and are faced with a new choice: that between honesty and projection.

I get your point though of doing more original questions. I had a tight deadline to get them done and just wanted to test the algorithm before I put enough time into the questions.
    Certainly. I was unaware of the systems underpinning "20 Questions," and am very impressed.

On the other hand, it will probably help to have "experts" train it first. ...Anybody with specific question or description suggestions can post them here or PM them to me! I'm more than happy to add them in!
    Yes. That's the catch with my suggestions. Neither I nor most participants here know with any expertise how inclinations precisely measure functions. Over the years I have played around with alternate questions, though with hesitation, due to a lack of understanding of the theory.

But as you note, if the AI can induct those measurements itself based on response patterns -- by all means, let it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I just took it twice. The first time I got INTP with ENFJ as a backup. The second time I got INFP with no backup. So I'm really no closer than I ever was to finding my true type. Still, nice test!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I just took it twice. The first time I got INTP with ENFJ as a backup. The second time I got INFP with no backup. So I'm really no closer than I ever was to finding my true type. Still, nice test!
    Of course, life (=brain) is elastic.
    And the life with Noah has made you an INTP.

But you had the promise all along.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Of course, life (=brain) is elastic.
    And the life with Noah has made you an INTP.

But you had the promise all along.
    I thought you didn't think one's type could change in one's lifetime?

MLC: I liked this test quite well. It's the first MBTI test I've taken where I found myself thinking on every question, "Well that's a no-brainer."
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I got INFJ and INFP. Chose INFJ.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Just finished the beta of my new mbti test. The idea is to make it shorter and more accurate using machine learning algorithms similar to 20Q.net Inc.
    I've said this privately but I have to say it publicly as well:

meanlittlechimp, this is spectacular. I'm sure that your test will become eerily accurate and wildly popular, significantly accelerating the diffusion of the MBTI gospel - and earning you a nice bit of money. Thank you and congratulations!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I got INTJ with ENTJ as a secondary option.

I don't understand, though, the test didn't seem much different than any of the other online tests. Can someone explain to me the innovation?

And is the real MBTI supposed to be short like that?