User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NEW MBTI TEST

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I came out split between INFJ and INTJ and clicked on INFJ as describing me better. That's how it typically goes.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ

Still INFJ.

But it was awesome for verification.

Hmmm...rather intriguing. This test is surely, of all MBTI tests I have taken, most unusual in the sense of being both very brief and accurate. My results let me choose between between the INTJ "Scientist" and the INTP "Architect." I think that for the time being (that is to say, perhaps only temporarily) I shall claim myself as an INTP, rather than INTJ. Well, I'll be off to change my profile then.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i couldn't leave it alone. i grabbed my friend and decided to plow through. turns out that she's ESTP, and it pegged her beautifully.

this is the first time one of these got her type correct.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENFJ

It gave me INFP and that's not at all what I am.
    So I said no and read INFJ which sounded something like
    The ENFJ I am but it didn't even offer ENFJ as a choice.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I have taken it a few times, now, and find the evolution -- or at least variety and coding additions -- interesting. The first time I was identified as an ESTJ, and subsequent tries have been either INTJ or ENTJ.

One way in which this hasn't quite transcended the testing rut is the description of preferences. Though I seem to recall a clinical dislike for situational questions, abstractions like "concept formation" aren't accurate*. Even the dichotomy between sensors' "particulars" and intuitives' "generalities," or what some of the questioning tries to nose around, comes across as remote. An emphasis on behavior is worth consideration, I say.

Edit: Also, can questions influence results in multiple ways, while throwing off the jaded MBTI enthusiast? For example, a single question might correspond to extroverted and feeling or introverted and thinking tendencies -- rather than ARE YOU A 1) RETICENT WEIRDO OR 2) GARRULOUS BORE?

* Or rather, not veritable; too figurative.

heart on fire

You are a Scientist: Also known as INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging

LOL!

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

You are a Mentor. Also known as INFJ.

Who knew.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    I have taken it a few times, now, and find the evolution -- or at least variety and coding additions -- interesting. The first time I was identified as an ESTJ, and subsequent tries have been either INTJ or ENTJ.

One way in which this hasn't quite transcended the testing rut is the description of preferences. Though I seem to recall a clinical dislike for situational questions, abstractions like "concept formation" aren't accurate*. Even the dichotomy between sensors' "particulars" and intuitives' "generalities," or what some of the questioning tries to nose around, comes across as remote. An emphasis on behavior is worth consideration, I say.

Edit: Also, can questions influence results in multiple ways, while throwing off the jaded MBTI enthusiast? For example, a single question might correspond to extroverted and feeling or introverted and thinking tendencies -- rather than ARE YOU A 1) RETICENT WEIRDO OR 2) GARRULOUS BORE?

* Or rather, not veritable; too figurative.
    I don't like reticent and garrulous because I'm not sure what % of the population knows what those words mean. I guess we could have a third option - don't know what those mean I see you're point about the format.

I get your point though of doing more original questions. I had a tight deadline to get them done and just wanted to test the algorithm before I put enough time into the questions. I didn't like 70% of the questions I used. I'm surprised how well it did in the span of time, without much training, but I had to keep in mind most people here taking the test already know what the questions mean in the context of mbti. On the other hand, it will probably help to have "experts" train it first.

I'm agnostic as to what will work; I plan on putting in situational questions or using completely non-conventional questions. What kind of movies or paintings you prefer. I'm hoping for instances where correlation appear where one wouldn't think to look. If there is weak correlation, the AI will learn to throw it out.

We'll see how much it improves as it gets more testers and questions thrown in. Anybody with specific question or description suggestions can post them here or PM them to me! I'm more than happy to add them in!

It's best guess was ENFP, but it also let me choose between ENFJ, INFJ, and ESFP.

I really like the one-question-at-a-time format, and the green bars on the side. That's a really cool format. But woah, 5000 is a huge sample source. I wonder how long that would take.

I should add that I don't think I'm really any of the results it gave me. I wonder if clicking 'I don't know' more than a couple times gives you wider results?