User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Musical skill tests online

Senior Member Array

Default Musical skill tests online

Test your musical skills in 6 minutes!
    Measure your rhythm comparison abilities!
    Measure your pitch perception abilities!

These tests are not easy. Prepare to be humbled.

My own scores. (I sing as a hobby and have attended a music institute as a kid.)

Tone: 80.6 (actually at first try 78.8 but I was preoccupied so I thought it fair to retake the test)
    Rhythm: 80.0 (at another try 84.0)
    Pitch: 0.45 Hz (whoa, I retook it and my score was 0.30 Hz now I'm proud)

When I was younger, I tried to teach myself musical instruments, but basically have had not musical experience for almost 11 years.

Tone Score:75%
    Rhythm: 60%
    Pitch: 6 Hz

Shows what talent and training can do I guess. I'm impressed Kaveri.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

75% Tone
    84% Rhythm
    2.1 Hz

I don't consider these too bad, since I've had little to no musical training. (Wish tone was better though.) My problem is getting my voice to do what my head wants it to. I'd like to learn a musical instrument, but it takes so much time to do, and I have so many interests.... (Story of my life.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

Plumage and Moult Array proteanmix's Avatar

Tone: 75%
    Rhythm: 68%
    Pitch: 3.9 Hz

That was a fun test
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

88 on rhythm, and I still have two left feet on the dance floor.

Edit: On the other hand, I can manage this one on DDR's "difficult" setting, if for nothing else from repetition by way of enjoyment.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Array Falcarius's Avatar

Tone: 76
    Rhythm: 69
    Pitch: 6.45 Hz
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

The ultimate in bizarre: a cross between an ostrich, a gorilla, and Edward Scissorhands.

Senior Member Array raincrow007's Avatar

86% on the Are-these-phrases-the-Same-or-Different test in the first link. The PMS questions at the end were a nice touch, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    88 on rhythm, and I still have two left feet on the dance floor.

Edit: On the other hand, I can manage this one on DDR's "difficult" setting, if for nothing else from repetition by way of enjoyment.

[And yes, I had to look up DDR; I live under a rock, apparently.]

Junior Member Array

94.4% tone
    2.7 hz (got distracted by friends asking what the noise was)
    88% rhythm

Used to play the piano, for like two months. Hated it so stopped. Constantly invent music in my head though.

Anyone else use their imagination? Just imagining some form of dance to the music, and if the things/people danced differently the beat was different?
    Last edited by erm; 10-12-2007 at 05:07 AM.

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

tone deaf:55.6% but I already knew I had a hard time hearing different pitches.
    37.2 Hz

I've known I was musically challenged so I was kinda expecting these scores.

Pitch: It seems as if you had some difficulty with this test, or your pitch perception abilities are outside the range of this test.

Rhythm: 68.0% Correct

Tonedeaf: Never loaded.

No wonder I'm not an auditory learner. My ears are fine and I'm hyper-sensitive to loud noises but I seem to have several problems related to remembering, processing and interpreting sounds.