• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Musical skill tests online

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp

ygolo

My termites win
When I was younger, I tried to teach myself musical instruments, but basically have had not musical experience for almost 11 years.

Tone Score:75%
Rhythm: 60%
Pitch: 6 Hz

Shows what talent and training can do I guess. I'm impressed Kaveri.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
75% Tone
84% Rhythm
2.1 Hz

I don't consider these too bad, since I've had little to no musical training. (Wish tone was better though.) My problem is getting my voice to do what my head wants it to. ;) I'd like to learn a musical instrument, but it takes so much time to do, and I have so many interests.... (Story of my life.)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Tone: 75%
Rhythm: 68%
Pitch: 3.9 Hz

That was a fun test :)

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
88 on rhythm, and I still have two left feet on the dance floor.

Edit: On the other hand, I can manage this one on DDR's "difficult" setting, if for nothing else from repetition by way of enjoyment.

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
86% on the Are-these-phrases-the-Same-or-Different test in the first link. The PMS questions at the end were a nice touch, I thought. :rolleyes:

88 on rhythm, and I still have two left feet on the dance floor.

Edit: On the other hand, I can manage this one on DDR's "difficult" setting, if for nothing else from repetition by way of enjoyment.

Rebuttal.

[And yes, I had to look up DDR; I live under a rock, apparently.] :D

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
94.4% tone
2.7 hz (got distracted by friends asking what the noise was:()
88% rhythm

Used to play the piano, for like two months. Hated it so stopped. Constantly invent music in my head though.

Anyone else use their imagination? Just imagining some form of dance to the music, and if the things/people danced differently the beat was different?

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
tone deaf:55.6% but I already knew I had a hard time hearing different pitches.
rythm:76.6%
37.2 Hz

I've known I was musically challenged so I was kinda expecting these scores.

xNFJiminy

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Pitch: It seems as if you had some difficulty with this test, or your pitch perception abilities are outside the range of this test.

Rhythm: 68.0% Correct

Tonedeaf: Never loaded.

No wonder I'm not an auditory learner. My ears are fine and I'm hyper-sensitive to loud noises but I seem to have several problems related to remembering, processing and interpreting sounds.

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
That was so cool/fun!

I'm 15 w/ no musical training.
I've been singing my whole life. I think music test like this are so fun!

tone: 72.2%
rhythm: 80%
pitch: uh, I had .378 Hz.. (took it again and got .856 hz or something like that)

Last edited:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tone: 83.3%
Rhythm: 64%
Pitch: 1.5Hz

Not too bad. It only shows I'm not too great with rhythm, which I'm not really.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Tone Deaf test - 75%

Adaptive pitch test - 2.7 Hz - somewhere between very good and good. (Which explains why I use an electronic tuner to tune my 12 string guitar.)

Rhythm test - 68% - once again not quite very good, but above normal

It is a humbling test for a musician.
I didn't think I would test so poorly.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Tone: 88.9%
Rhythm: 72% I really should have done better. My excuse is I gotten confused with too many sounds.
Pitch: 3.15 Hz

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
tone: 80.6% correct
rhythm: 76.0% correct
pitch: .825 Hertz

cheers,
Ian

MBTI Type
INTJ
Tone Deaf: 77.8%
Rhythm: 72%
Pitch: 15 Hz

It's weird that I scored so low on the pitch test because I got nearly every one correct. Hm.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
SOO proud of myself

Tonedeaf: {withheld...but it was bad...very bad}
Pitch : 1.8
Rhythm : 1st try (without using 'replay' until last question): 88%
2nd try (without checking answers from previous attempt): 92%

Frankly, I was disappointed with my 'tonedeaf' results because I so badly want to sing well and I am tone deaf. I already know I'm tone deaf because my voice instructor recorded me singing and had me listen to it. OMG I wanted to cry.

I have 10 years of musical training (10 piano, 4 saxaphone, just picked up guitar recently and have dabbled in operatic and jazz singing in my adult life).

And I have been told I'm a good dancer. :) My salsa instructor told me I had good coordination, dammit so it's not just in my head!!! :happy:

I didn't take dancing classes as a child, but I always like dancing like a maniac and still do regularly at clubs and have taken some beginner dance classes (salsa, ballet, hip hop) as an adult and am a shameless DDR addict (I will shove little kids off the machine to take my turn) & I love bass heavy music, which is what the rhythm clips were.

I actually posted a thread under the NF Idyllic about the depths of people's love for music and if loving to dance is also an NF trait.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/2168-music-moves-mind-body.html#post61015

But yes---hell yeah, I am embarassingly shamelessly PROUD of my rhythm score! Whoo-hoo! I didn't quite understand the college reading I crammed tonight, but I did score 'world class' on an online unverified rhythm test! Yeaaaaah!

Of course... like another poster who scored in the high 80's on rhythm but has 'two left feet' I had a drum kit for a second and I couldn't teach myself to play. I didn't get it and sounded pretty sorry. However, my friend's 10 year old nephew was MUCH MUCH better than me after picking up the drumsticks on the first try.

Koanashi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Tone deaf: 80.6%
Rhythm: 80%
Pitch: 1.35 Hz

I might have done better if I hadn't been listening to my iPod as loudly as I have been over the years...

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Tone: 83.3 % (one try)
Rythm: 88.0 % (used all the replay options, but only one try)
Pitch: 1.8 Hz (one try, several replays)

I have no musical training and don't have a good singing voice. (Bugs me, cause I hear it not quite hitting the tone or sliding off it, but seem unable to make it do what I want. It's not a bad voice, but not as pure and smooth as I want it.)

Edit: Redid the pitch test and came in at 1,05 Hz now.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
With no musical training...

Pitch: 3.9 Hz (done fairly quickly... second time around was 2.1 Hz)
Rhythm: 80%
Tone: 63.9 (Ooh dear. A replay button would have been useful, though, some of them I felt like I completely forgot what the first one was before the second one even started. >< I'll try it again later.)